Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Hello, what does not work for you?

All Trueforce compatible models work in native mode. (G923 & G-Pro)

2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are the recommended settings at the beginning of the thread gonna be relative still with 1.5 on thrustmaster's ?

3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I have no experience with Thrustmaster. But I think also for this base the in-game and base settings have changed with the new update. Gain, FX, damping has (in my opinion) brought big changes. Try to adapt your settings to the new physics and go with your personal feelings

4. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

It would be useful if an ability to set minimum forces is added to the FFB options.

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What do you mean?

6. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

It exist in Rfactor2 and also in some custom AMS2 files, when set correctly it eliminates the lack of forces on Logitech and other gear drive wheels when the wheel is centred greatly improving the ffb on those wheels.

7. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a TM TX (see my sig) and I can't imagine any change in the base settings as of Default. Agree with changing ingame settings, mine are zeroed LFB, FX and Damping plus Gain 90-100.

8. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

It could seem as if there are many changes, but ffb had no changes.. It's physics only, for updated cars.

We do naturally have some per car adjustments ,goal generally is to keep them all within similar window / similar standard. Ie, under braking for cars to provide similar amounts of pull in case some wheel locks up, stuff like that.

But truth is, sliders are there to be adjusted, however someone likes. Guide is our recommended settings, which should yield very similar experience across different devices, and roughly how cars are calibrated.

There is "low force boost" slider. It is our own way of counteracting "deadzone" and also when set to higher values, helping to get better fell from low-torque output devices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Danielkart

Yes, I realize that "only" the physics have changed. But exactly these excellent changes have also changed the FFB very much. For me there are enormous differences in defaults and also in the customs. This physics also makes the FFB feel right now, but it needs to be adjusted with this physics. I will or have already adjusted it and really hope that this time it was the last "big final" physics update. Anyway, I can only congratulate Reiza on everything they have done and will continue to do for this fantastic simulation:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, tried your settings with the custom file and it feels great now, the main culprit where the Pithouse settings I got from the Boosted Media video, too much damping in the settings. Now all of the in game presets work fine, but the custom file does feel a bit better.

11. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, the more I drive the more I am salivating the 1.5 full release, was just driving the F-RetroG1 around Spielberg 74, only adjusted the wing to 2 from the default setup and hustling that car around is pure joy!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Danielkart

Unfortunately, this is only possible with LFB in the defaults, as domagoj already said. Unfortunately, LFB also has undesirable side effects with some bases. Also for Customs the most difficult thing is to write a file that works well for very weak bases

• Like Like x 1
  13. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Yep LFB doesn't work as good as being able to change minimum force

14. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After the very latest hotfix for v1.4.8.1, the Default+ FFB on default settings feels better on my venerable DFGT. Road detail isn't so grainy and there seems to be a little more information coming through the wheel. When starting a race in the Formula Junior, the engine vibrations felt better and the tyre skipping off the start line came through clearly - this clearer feeling seemed to carry through at all speeds. There was less graininess (and less dullness) and more smoothly conveyed FFB. Hat tip to @Domagoj Lovric and @Coanda. :)

(Default+: Gain 75, LFB 50, FX 50, Damping 0.
    In-car FFB ranges from 95-105 so far.
    Logitech Profiler: Strength 100, Spring 0, Damping 0, Centring Spring Disabled, Wheel 900 degrees.)

EDIT: However, I never know what FFB I'm going to get with each update. My wheel has felt very different numerous times during AMS2's development, from spongy to harsh, from dull to grainy. Every now and then it feels good. o_O I put that down to the DFGT's limited sensitivity and coggy mechanism.

Unless my ears decive me, Reiza has tried a few different tyre skid sounds during AMS2's development. The current subtle "chattering" is the best yet IMHO. The just audible "yelp" as a tyre fights for adhesion is informative and immersive. A thumbs up to the audio team. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
  15. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

edit: i found some settings that were reasonable and i can tweak. if anyone else is looking for g pro settings try here: Reddit - Dive into anything

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  16. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey! When setting up a new wheel, is there any difference between the Direct Drive Generic option and the Custom Wheel option? I have the Asetek La Prima wheel+wheelbase.

17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom wheel is very barebones when you enable it. Mostly just rack, if I am correct. If you copy a custom wheel-file into your AMS 2 folder you can experience different sensations/feedback. Default+ has some more effects then default. Just pick whatever you like the most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I can’t perceive any difference between the two . I have standard version running Custom wheel and Beta running Generic.

@Marius H . I believe op is talking about first time wheel preset selection rather than choice of FFB profile .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Spot on! Thanks a lot! I've now tested both, and for me it feels like the Custom Wheel option has a slightly stronger output. But, it's hard to tell without a side by side comparison. Doesn't really matter, everything works and feels great!

• Like Like x 1
  20. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will there be a "v1.5" refresh to this page? Or is the changes subtle enough the settings guide won't need to change? Personally haven't changed my FFB with 1.5... but love this guide for new users and have it pinned on our discord.