Tips for racing against the AI

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Lorencini, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Firstly, thanks to @Lorencini for the post and other materials created for community, since I only now have the opportunity to thank.

Regarding the topic, I say that I was very frustrated to play a Super V8 event in Adelaide this weekend, where AI 115% / Medium Agression, tire wear and fuel normal, 39 laps.
    I was forced to do a pit after lap 20 (tire change) and believing that AI would also do it, even before finishing the race, but to my surprise they were to the end without a pit.
    Now, when doing a race for time, 40 minutes for example (less time than 39 laps), everyone makes a pit starting at 15 minutes. I do not understand this.
    That way I have to always race for time, not for laps. Your suggestions and others can have effects, but I would like the simulator itself to take care of balancing this.

Big hug for you brazuca.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same question - has anyone else been able to successfully use the MDF menu to select a driver swap? I can get the driver name to appear in the hud but I cannot select it or change it.

3. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

I have ran the EEC GTE race with AI quite a few time, with a 50min race. The fuel cost at my cauculation (based on my actual running data from FP and Q) would be little bit more than 100L while GTE only have a 90L tank. But all AI would pit in at around 20~30min pit window. rather than use 90L*80% tank of fuel to stay at around 40 min
    If I run 30min race, AI would not pit.
    I remenber one changelog back to early AMS(or GSCEx) is they had adjusted the AI strategy to "prevent last lap pit". So it seem to be a fixed problem?

• Like Like x 1
  4. mike

mike New Member

My experience. Stock car custom championship, race 1 - 45 min, AI one pitstop - OK. Next race 2, 45 min too, AI one pitstop, and in the last lap go to second pitstop...
    I dont understand...What with it? Shorten time of second race?

5. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Maybe 45 minutes is too close to the AI pit window. They have some laps to decide, and in v1.4, their pits are well spread among 4 or 5 laps now.

For Stock Car, i've manage to find a nice race length that is guaranteed all AI will pit:

Fuel comsumption: x2
    Race Time: time 30 minutes

They will pit around 20 minutes, some will pit early, some later, but all will perform a pit stop in every track.

6. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Member

After more than 1 decade I sadly have to reckon the only simulator I got fun in vs AI races was GTR2. And why is that?

1) The talent file has an overtake success parameter. If you choose a close to 100% for the front LMP1 runners (for example) they won't stuck behind slow classes.
    2) The GDB track file was able to set the pit stop strategy for each driver. You were able to simulate a real strategy for AI cars.
    3) They try to defend their positions when in the same lap (as rFactor 2 does)
    4) They were smart to pit when raining or running out of tyres grip.

The only down side for me the race leader were artificially slowed down (as the AI limiter only works for the 1st racer) and there was no workaround for that.

Aside that, I hope someday to have something like this in Reiza titles. Unfortunately the raw rFactor AI is pretty limited.

7. mike

mike New Member

Lorencini, thank you very much for tip. I'll try it.

• Like Like x 1