Display damage on HUD

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MiiP, Jul 9, 2023.

1. MiiP

MiiP New Member

Hello,

perhaps a bit of a Newby question, but is it possible to display damaged parts on the HUD?
    Or can I somehow see this after the Race?

For example I had a Race in which my lap times significantly decreased and my car was hard to handle. I made a Pit Stop but nothing was repaired. I think some part broke which could not be repaired during a Pit Stop.
    But I have no idea what part broke...

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I believe if you go to edit the hud you can change one of the overlays to show damage

3. MiiP

MiiP New Member

Then I will have to check it again. I didn't find any overlay tile with damage information in the "full"-mode. Or is it possible that this is only available in "telemetry"?

4. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, on telemetry hud

5. MiiP

MiiP New Member

Sorry but I don't get what I am doing wrong. In every Race I have 1 tyre which wears down much quicker than the other three .
    In a 45 minute Race I have to change tyres 1-2 Times while the AI opponents don't even Stop once.
    Telemetry doesn't show any damage.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

The AI bots use quite other physics than your/player car.
    Thats the reason they dont have to obey some kind of realistic tire strategy.

ByTheWay: A lot of Reiza fans does believe that the reason for this difference is that it would overwhelm any home PC if the AI bots should use same physics as the player car. :rolleyes:

7. Racinglegend1234

The tyre wear will be adjusted for V1.5

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

These are two different things.

1) Yes, AI have different physics than humans, as usual in any sim. It would be pointless and expensive to simulate everything (and AI won't be better, probably the opposite).

2) Yes, AI tires last too long in many scenarios, that must be tweaked.

It is NOT true that 1) implies 2).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MiiP

MiiP New Member

Thanks for the answers.
    I already knew that the AI uses other physics.
    What I am concerned about is that only one tire wears out that quickly. All other tires should last about an hour, which I think ist relativly normal for GT 3 cars. So I thought I had any car damage which caused that accelerated wear Out.

10. Racinglegend1234

Expect things to change for V1.5

11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

The reason the tire wear on the AI bots is different (more or less lacking) than on the player car - is because the physics & tire model for the bots are quite different.
    If it was the same then the tire wear would be exactly the same as the player car.:whistle:
    If/when the upd 1.5 does solve this problem then its because the tire wear on the bots are tweaked /faked so the end result (wear) is similiar to player car.
    The logic behind this is that when the laws governing the 2 different physics/TMs are different then its still possible to fake the parameters inside one of these laws so the end result (wear) looks the same.

ByTheWay: My guess is that to produce equal results of wear in both short and long races and under different track conditions will need several "tweaks" of the wear parameters in the bots cars.;)

12. Racinglegend1234

Just wait and see

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is pretty much correct.

AI wear is in process of revision aswell, but will probably take a bit longer than 1.5 because there are a lot of classes to go through.

Generally said: The understanding of these wear params and how AI utilizes them for active strategy decisions is far larger than 1 year ago (actually also a side product of research in the 1.5 dev cycle) and there are more possibilities now to isolate the quirks that come with it - the bad news is, that it takes some time and is workload intensive, reason why i already warn that it will likely not be complete with 1.5.

Also here a mention that the wear model of AMS2 is rather complex and involves different types of wear and degradation over the course of a stint and running this on all AI tires would add even more significant performance hit additionally.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Chillblast

Chillblast Active Member AMS2 Club Member

can we sticky this so people stop asking why the ai and player physics are different? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The same tire always? On all the tracks? Is it only with 1 car or with all cars? I did a 30 minute race with the BMW GT3 at Monza and had no wear issues.

I think more info would be good to know of it's some kind of bug or just a car specific problem.

16. MiiP

MiiP New Member

I haven't done enough testing to give a 100% correct answer.
    I am new to real SimRacing (coming from Arcade Racer like NFS, Forza ...) so I am trying to concentrate on one car.
    This is the Porsche GT3 right now. While testing the other GT3 cars I think I had the issue on all of them. With the medium tires from the GT4 cars I had no issues.

It is not always the same tire but perhaps the same in a specific track .

The last Races with the Porsche:
    2 Races in Bathurst, 1 Race the right front tire weared Out very quickly, 1 Race no Problems.
    2 Races Spielberg, at the end of the second race one front tire began to wear out real quick, but the race was over before it had any effect .
    2 Races Catalunya. In both races the left front tire only lasted about 20 minutes till it dropped to 0 percent.

17. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

That sounds like a setup/track temperature/driving style issue.
    The front left is realistically the most punished tyre in barcelona due to the amount of fast right handers.

Tyre wear is also impacted heavily by lockups, so maybe you run too low ABS settings ?

Dont take my word for granted, i didnt race GT 3 in Barcelona yet, only raced a lot of P1 there this week and had like 80% left on the front left

18. MiiP

MiiP New Member

ABS and traction Control is off.
    I have a bit of a problem with blocking tires while breaking, but if I go smoother on the Break I loose a lot of time :/

19. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Id recommend trying ABS 3-5 and TC 5 in GT3's.
    Should also help to aid the tyres a bit more.

Generally these aids dont cut so much like in other sim's, so the time loss by utilising TC f.e. is imho way less than compared to GT or ACC