Reiza17 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by xnorb, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I heard that MadMax game using Vulkan get a lot better graphically speaking!

• Like Like x 1
  2. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For a small studio Vulkan is not a safe bet, but then DX12 kind of isn't either. Safest would be DX11 so you won't exclude potential customers still running previous windows versions and it's a known API

• Like Like x 1
  4. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Are Feral Interactive or Croteam big studios? Why unity, UE4 or Cryengine are starting to giving Vulkan support?

If you have the possibility of easily build to win, Mac, Linux, PS4, Switch..., you will choose only Windows?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Because windows is where the money is. Never heard of Feral Whatever, but wonder for how long you'll hear about them if things go wrong :D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

;)....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Jakerock

Jakerock New Member AMS2 Club Member

I meant that it seems unlikely that they will go with any engine that requires windows 10 to run...
    I sure hope not anyway!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

With the "time trial of the week competition" running now, there's a lot of discussion about setup sharing, and the ability to prevent the sharing (and 'stealing' of the work done by others).
    This lead me to think about what could be implemented as a "setup teaching" tool. Because, well, dowloading the setup of someone else might help you to gain some time on the track, but it doesn't explain the reasoning behind the choices which were made : you learn nothing.

I don't know if something like this is possible, but I imagine an "engineer tool" like this :
    you would report (maybe on a map) that in curve x, you feel such behaviour with the car ("understeer on entry"), in curve x, such other behaviour, etc... The "engineer" would then give you advice on how to modify your setup (or modify it automatically, but give the reasoning behind the changes). Go out for a couple of laps, repeat the procedure (ideally, the tool should remember what you said before and fine tune what it already started to do ; for example, it would first tweak the aero, then only after make mechanical adjustements). It might also provide (and use ?) objective data like 'you were 12 km/h faster at the end of the longest straight before', etc...

With something like this, you might approach an ideal setup nearly automagically, provided that you can provide useful inputs (your feeling of how the car feels).

I've never seen anything like this in a game before, but it would be a great addition to the engineering part of the simulation.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I suggested something similar before and I still think it could be a great feature. Having some specific setup changes to make would be a great learning tool and what could be better than learning about setups while having fun doing so - although I do enjoy Aris' videos. :)

10. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hotlap Masochist

I'd like a better collision model. I think the best collision model in simracing is NASCAR Racing 2003 season; it feels so organic and natural to rub bumpers and unsettle opponents. You can put light pressure and just graze, or you can really press in hard and turn them around. The pressure you applied between body panels genuinely gave more or less friction.

With ISIMotor stuff, you basically just rub the guy and he warps around, often ahead. It's weird. I'm not saying I want to Dale Earnhardt into everyone, but it is a bit of an immersion-breaker when contact does happen but cars just warp around and get spooky.

Amen. The guides which simply say "understeering on entry = soften front bump and loosen rear rebound" never helped me because I wanted to know the reasoning behind it and how it worked. It's like tabs versus music theory when playing guitar. I didn't want to know only the result, but why and how.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mmaruda

mmaruda Member AMS2 Club Member

I have not played a lot of NSR 2003, but there were some impressive features there in terms of car damage, you could blow your tires when breaking too hard, overheat the engine... I think damage in sims is generally neglected. There is this wrong concept that it's not important because you are not supposed to crash, but in real racing this happens and it did even more so with historic racing and so far AMS has the best 1960s F1 stuff so yeah... Plus, you know what would be a good way of discouraging people to wreck? Have those cars burst into flames like they did (at least the old ones).

It would also be cool to have bodywork deformation, at least on the level that Assetto Corsa does it, by just swapping textures for bent ones.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AMS_SR

AMS_SR Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see in the next game:
    • Nascar - Sprint Cup Series (until 2014, because 850+hp), with option to deactivate restrictor plates...
    • Mercedes Sauber C9 / C11
    • F1 (like AMS is perfect)
    • GTE
    • GT3
    • DTM (2014+)
    • Chevrolet Daytona Prototype
    • 80's / 90's Group C Prototypes
    - Tracks:
    • some nice Ovals like Talladega, Daytona, Homestead Miami, Dover etc.
    • Okayama, Aida, Japan
    • Zandvoort, Netherlands
    • Zolder, Belgium
    • Kyalami, South Africa
    • Jerez, Spanien
    • Watkins Glen, USA
    • Sugo, Japan
    and a bit:

Edit: In my Opinion, nearly original cars and tracks are good enough, saves money and u can all types of cars and content put into the game, whatever u want, like the AMS F1 cars, Boxer, etc... (ex. Sakitto/Suzuka in PCars, looks good and works)
    And you can improve the original tracks. Many of them could be better with some tuning.
    More flowing layouts like Ibarra, not always this stop and go mentality from modern tracks.

The possibility to real offline gaming, like the days before steam. Actually u can set offline gaming in steam for AMS, but u still need a steam login after restart windows - then logout and u can play offline. These necessity for the first login - pls delete it. (if possible)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Member AMS2 Club Member

Licensing which comes at a considerable cost and also exclusivity in some cases

AMS has EEC GT3 as a mod, not perfect but you can get it from European Endurance Centre.
    Okayama has been created by Patrick Giranthon (download from race department)
    Jerez also by Patrick
    Zandvort you can convert easily from the rfactor/GSCE mod sites manually or using the rFactor tools app
    Watkins Glen either convert or get from EEC webiste, same for Sebring and pretty much all the tracks you mentioned are converted to GSCE which run pefectly well in AMS

Patrick Giranthon has an 18 track pack mod on Racedeprtment that has loads not in vanilla AMS

14. AMS_SR

I expect someone would post this. ;) Thx, i have the mods, i like it and appreciate it, but this wishlist is for Reiza17. And the costs, i appreciate whatever is possible.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  15. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Member AMS2 Club Member

Indeed, but as Patrick can mod any track he wishes as a third party it saves up tracks being officially licensed and paid for. I think the only way Reiza could afford to license official content in the future is to join a big publisher that has the buying power to purchase licenses, and that would potentially ruin the Reiza experience . Publishers like pre order DLC plans and or console versions of the game (watered down physics/ one version for all platforms due to time & budget constraints).

I'd hate to see the next Reiza game become that (looking at you SMS & Kunos)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AMS_SR

This is useless. Look at the Boxer or all the f1 cars. Thats perfect examples to save money with nearly original cars. No licenses needed. And thats totally ok for me and im sure for many racer.
    And for me personally, reiza could do the same with tracks, why not..., better than nothing. Look at the Raceroom Raceway track or Sakitto/Suzuka in PCars. It's all fictional and really good to drive.

Anyways, this is not a discussion thread, im out.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

topic should be renamed to reiza18 :p

anyway, some additional tings id love to see:
    -improved replay system, like some additional tools for recording and camera movement, streamline whole thing
    -licensed super trucks would be godlike but atleast some offcial trucks+improvements so we can have the same ramp layout etc

• Like Like x 1
  18. Erwin

Erwin New Member

For Reiza18 I would like it to be an evolution of AMS. Here's a wishlist (warning: long).
    • non-blocking UI (responsive)
    • replay seek bar, with markers for laps & incidents, also in-garage
    • more detailed timing screen in-garage: tire, topspeed, inpit, purple sectors
    • redesigned default HUD: smaller font size, more info visible at the same time, color coded temp/pressure values where green means they're OK, session time always visible
    • setup undo function, and a list of previous edits, like seen in photo editors, to go back to a previous setting easily
    • multiplayer server list filter which removes all servers I cannot join (due to mods, passwords, closed session)
    • in (online) time-trial, show current ranking while driving, and split times to P1
    • accurate delta time bar
    • in time trial, start further away from the finish line so the first lap is not compromised
    • trackside flags
    • setup guide/tutorial for one specific car/track combo, where in each lesson one car setting is changed, with a description from an expert on the change in handling
    • in the garage, a tab with user laptime history on current track, so the user can simply see what laptimes he did earlier. And the quickest lap.
    • option to prevent user start from pitbox with a fresh car if he has damage/escaped, for a certain duration. So safe driving is encouraged and the use of ESC is discouraged.
    • rain

• Like Like x 5
  19. Alex Couri

Alex Couri Member AMS2 Club Member

Only three requests:

1 - A good offline system of oval races, perhaps with official contents of the Indycar series (as well as the partnership made with Stockcar Brazil). No current simulator has a good off-line oval racing system, would be a great differential of the new title.

2 - Dynamic climate system with rain.

3 - Efficient system of public servers for online multiplayer racing

• Like Like x 1
  20. vveyro

vveyro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

- Better collision model
    - Dynamic weather, water puddles, water planing, drying with sunlight
    - Better looking spectators. And I guess overall graphics
    - Vulkan/DX11/DX12 support for better performance
    - Better UI, the current is quite clunky
    - Modern, cleaner HUD. Maybe on-the-fly customization, like Assetto Corsa has
    - More dirt tracks
    - Perhaps snow/ice conditions too
    - Easy way to replace the billboards with user skins. (Using real ads/sponsors)
    - VR support. While I wouldn't use it, but I know it is a big deal for VR users
    - Remove the need to tweak AA etc outside of the game. Ideally all can be set in-game

Physics, sound and FFB are already pretty sublime. Track selection is good with Patrick Giranthon's Megapack, but without it the track selection of AMS might scare some away

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 3