Sound pops/crackles?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Gary_S, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is anyone noticing some sound distortion on replays....such as the Mini and so on. It seems like the Audio from the game mix is overexposed and clipping.

Or is it just me?

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'm not allowed to talk about it, apparently I've been to vocal. But yes pop, and static sounds plague AMS2, many reports with some solutions coming through updates but it seems a hard one for the Devs to fix.
    For me the replay static sound is coming from the tyre audio, turn it to 0 and see if the sound goes away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gary_S

OK cool it is annoying as I am trying to make some content for YouTube on AMS2...but the sound distortion is making this quite challenging.
    Surely this has to be fixed up? My audio settings are not even set high, my master volume is at around 60%, and other volumes are between 40-70. Very, very poor if this is normal.

4. Gary_S

Just to help anyone with the same issue. I lowered the volume levels on the sliders....and it seems to have made a difference. It is as if the volume is over exposed out of the box.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Trauma Team Racing

Trauma Team Racing New Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you ever find a fix for this please? Just started noticing it in the trackside camera on replay. It's infuriating ‍

6. 2ndLastJedi

Nope, sadly nothing can be done on the user end. I've replaced every component 3 times since AMS2 began, even now with a Reverb and it's floating headphones I can still hear the annoying pops and static crackles. Even though Reiza know of the issue new cars are coming out with improved audio that still has the problem.

7. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

I have similar problem. It began some time ago in may. I mentioned it somewhere in this forum. Happens some cars, mostly V12 engine cars. First noticed it on f-vintage gen2 V12 car. Since then I have changing windows 10 and 11. Bought new computer and now I have been using windows 11. Still from time to time it happens. Sound settings are all max. It's like sound popping/crackling. It happens also if I pause game and get back and main menu sometimes. I have two headsets and speakers. It's sometimes very random. Annoying thing. Need to test this further.

8. Janitormentor

Well, tested those vintage formulas. Both gen V12 cars have this annoying popping/crackling sound. Also f-classic gen4 V12 has this sound problem but not as bad as vintages. Tested both headphones/headsets and speakers. All had same result. Something plaguing these V12 car sounds or it's me. :D Also other headset I heard same sound when starting to drive and before loading screen. Music and every other multimedia things sounds perfect and no annoying sound popping or crackling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

Once you hear it, you can hear it in so much in AMS2, even the menus.
    Try the BMW GT3, terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Janitormentor

Menu was okay for me at least when last tested. You are right about that GT3 BMW. Same annoying popping/crackling sound happens as vintage formula V12 cars. Turned player engine volume to 0 and did not hear that annoying sound so it's engine sound file related bug or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 2ndLastJedi

For me there is another crackle that comes from the tyre audio track when they slide or scrub, lowering that slider stopped the sound. I will need to find which cars have it again.

12. Janitormentor

Here is some cars that have this annoying sound popping/crackling:

- F-Vintage Gen 1 and 2 V12 cars

- F-Classic Gen 3 and 4 (Generic not McLaren) V12 cars

- F-V12 car

- GT1 McLaren F1 GTR V12 car

- GT3 BMW M6 V8 car

You will notice this sound thing or bug when you leave pits. Maybe there is some common divisor here at play. Seems it caused by player engine volume sound. When it's 0 no sound bug can be heard. Tyre sound setting may also be the cause of this bug.

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Nothing wrong with reporting sound issues but, I wouldn't expect things to improve in significant ways soon. AMS2 being very much WIP, Audio refinement generally comes later in development. I have little doubt, Reiza have a long list of audio issues yet to be addressed, some of which require certain prerequisites be met first.

14. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

15. Janitormentor

Okay, good to know. I got an error when try to open that link. I don't have permission to see it. Hopefully Reiza fix these sound problems someday.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a link to a thread in their beta form.

17. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

The McLaren MP4/6 V12 also has it, but I only seem to really notice it in the recorded cockpit footage, not when actually driving, weirdly. It’s not there in the onboard camera either.
    It must be a particular car sound setting that’s been ‘overexposed’ or something. I’m gonna turn a lot of these down to try and find the culprit.