Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Canard

Canard New Member

Which car(s) do you usually start with to establish a baseline ?
    Also how do you make use of the FFB graph to prevent clipping ? I heard the game has some inbuilt clipping to prevent silly levels of force on specific occasions (crashes or huge bump), but ! The main reason for clipping shall still be that the base is too weak, and for all I know the game doesn't receive feedback from the base. You could run the base at 0% and the graph could still report some clipping. Something is lost on me there.

Lastly one quick observation for the fanatec users; it has been brought in the discussion that running a low FEI (like all files based on Daniel's work suggests) could bring some latency. I found some merit into running those file at FEI 100 and covering the excessive forces under layers of dampening. Maybe a Vx file tweaked for FEI 100 would be interesting

2. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Correct, FEI 20 is an awful setting to use. It kills a LOT of detail and adds a lot of latency.
    Therefore Fanatec itself recommends to not use FEI lower than 70. Instead indeed better use higher INT setting to smooth things out as that one does not kill details but only softens them and only adds a bit latency but MUCH less than FEI does on lower settings.
    An INT setting of 6 with FEI 70 therefore is for me the sweet spot for AMS2, in other games I use INT 3 with FEI 80 but that's too grainy for AMS2 but 6/70 is fine.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello! Yes, I know what FEI and INT do at Fanatec. My files are not set to these values. But everyone is free to take their own settings, it's all just recommendations from me and my own preferences. By the way, I've switched to Simucube Pro2, but even there it's my recommendations for the customs and my personal preferences. Everything can be taken or changed. I also recommend listening to your own feelings again and again and it will be excellent:)

• Like Like x 4
  4. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

I use INT 5 and FEI 70.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

Best way to damper in game setting or at wheel? And why?

6. Canard

Canard New Member

Before 1.5 I would have say all at the wheel and 0 in-game.
    Now I got the feeling that it brings a lot of feedback, grip wise.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
  7. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

Feels amazing on my DD2! making no changes to your custom, but to smoothen out a bit of the graininess i turned down fx to 15, increased interpolation filter to 2, and decreased fei to 90

• Like Like x 3
  8. dMASS

Just got off experimenting with a few changes, which I think I like more. I was able to remove some of that graininess for turns but keep INT filter at 0 so it remained more responsive

changed scrub_scale to 1.2
    dropped interpolation filter to 0
    dropped FEI to 80

• Like Like x 2
  9. dMASS

Is there info from Fanatec on how much each increment of INT or FEI increasing/decreasing adds latency?

10. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi guys!As promised, I have posted the 2 V90 Customs for bases of 2-5Nm.On page 332 in this thread.I will retire from this thread but of course I will keep watching and playing Ams2.I hope I was able to help you a little or show you other ways.It was exciting and creative and with the right people it was a lot of fun.I wish you a good time and take care of yourselves

Sunny greetings from Switzerland from Daniel

• Friendly Friendly x 13
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  11. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Daniel, at least you have some time now to explore the new physics a bit more, but I hope your 'retirement' is just temporary. Take care and get well soon!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

For other G27 users sharing my edited Daniel V70 file.
    in game gain 80
    lfb 0
    fx 38

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

works well with v 1.5

14. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Briefly tested this with my G27 with the settings you recommend and really enjoyed it.
    Now I need to compare with Danielkart V90 2-5nm.

• Like Like x 1
  15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Updated the custom FFB collection to v1.5 to add, I think, pretty much all of the latest editions. Also included the V1.4 Reiza basic and V1.5 Reiza basic in the appendices. The link is under "Custom AMS2 FFB Profiles" on the left-hand column in The AMS2 Mod Registry (see my signature).

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant road textures. For some reason, doing those turns don't give me the details the other file do.
    And in the straights, where those details should also be noted, I don't get them or they are very low (I always try to match wheel to visual, I mean the wheel must pull from side to side as "much" as the visuals.
    It's strange because I used your file in the past and has happy it it.
    I won't do any further tests because the new wheelbase could be totally different, render any kind of effort pointless.
    Them, I'll be back ;)

17. Mikdream

Mikdream New Member

Hi
    I've tried your file, and so far it's the best (strictly personal) for G29. Just adjusting in-game sliders and some parameters in the file.
    But I like it.
    Just a question: can you explain me these line :
    (tighten_range 0.13000)
    (tighten_falloff 0.01300)
    (power_steering_angle 0.30)

In some files, there are at 0.00 and sometimes, like in your file, not. Has I understand so far, they acting in very low speed ?

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@NBrembo

I have now tested Danielkart V90 2-5nm with my G27 and could not get satisfactory results, trying various FFB settings.

However, having spent more time with your G27 specific custom FFB (mainly with P1 Gen2), I also conclude that it is the best FFB I ever tried on my G27: it is highly detailed, immersive, excellent road feel and wheel weight, no loose center, doesn't seem to clip, does not produce too strong jolts or force. It is perfect and much more lively than the Default+ I was using before.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I see, yes the texture_scale was lower in that particular file , which I have raise beck up a little in subsequent file .
    I would expect the belt wheel to muffle these details a little more . Will be interesting to see how you get on with the new r12 , ( congrats) .

20. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Member AMS2 Club Member

I am a user of a ts-pc racer steering wheel. I'm doing a lot of tests with the ffb and I can't get a good feeling on the straights. It's like the auto centering is switched off and the cars feel light weight. The asphalt feels good and the slippage of the tire in the corners is correct. But that disconnection in the straights takes away a lot of realism from the ffb.