Formula Uptimate Gen 2 Tyre discussion.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dan ‘welshmsport’ Lewis, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Dan ‘welshmsport’ Lewis

Dan ‘welshmsport’ Lewis New Member

Hey Guys firstly i’d like to congratulate and thank you for v1.5, what an immense difference this has made!

My purpose on starting this thread is to bring attention to the 3 compound choices for the above mentioned car, and the changes i feel should be implemented to make them more enjoyable, and realistic to use over race stints.

Soft Tyre. The soft tyre is a fantastic qualifying tyre but isn’t viable for stints over full length 90 minute races, with real degradation kicking in after 1-2 laps.

medium tyre. The medium is the best choice for most longer racing given it’s pace/degradation trade off.

Hard Tyre. The hard is unused in nearly every group i’ve raced with, the pace offset is massive and doesn’t really warrant the relatively high degradation, i say relative as the pace is so bad, that unless the degradation was considerably less than the medium it’s really not a viable choice.

My solution, Interested to hear peoples thoughts;

extent the range of the softs slightly, maybe 10%. Medium is fine as is. Hards maybe 10% more grip, 10%- 20% more range.

I truly feel these changes will make longer races far more interesting with more choice of strategy, rather than everyone starting on mediums.

Also one last thing, Is it possible to fix the issue where all drivers appear to be running the red banded soft regardless of tyre choice? This also would be a fantastic addition to the series i am racing in!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Another thing could be them not fully implementing how F1 tyres degrade

• Like Like x 1