Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

Version: V1.5.0.2.2369
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    NewCar Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Using Simucube 1 (Augury)
    Report:When I change Simucube values after I started the game (to change ffb), the game stops recognizing the wheel. That started to happen after this update. If I close and open the game again, the problem is resolved.

EDIT: The problem is not with Simucube. If i go back to the desktop, and then I come back to the game, the wheel stop being recognized by the game (no problem on the pc)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
  2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Barcelona GP without chicane
    Car Used: F ultimate G2 and G1
    Applicable Settings: simple race with AI, dry weather, sunny, default live track
    Report: The AI loses more than a second per lap (compared to its best lap) from lap 3 or 4 for no apparent reason.
    I don't know if other combos are affected but it makes racing against the AI very frustrating. I tried the same combos 3 times and the results are the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Modern Interlagos
    Car Used: V 10 Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: 45 lap race with AI. March 30th. Weather transition from sunny to cloudy over the course of the race. Accelerated Tire wear.
    Report: I did the first 30 laps of the race on hard tires--no problem. On my pit stop I switched to softs. After that, the car immediately had a ridiculous amount of lift-off oversteer. Go thorough a corner without at least some thottle and the car was going around.

I could not replicate this by doing a test session with cloudy weather on 3/30, soft tires, heavy rubber, light fuel load--car drives beautifully as expected.

I had no issues on-throttle. It's a relatively easy car to control on throttle and that did not change.

It was like something got changed with my dif settings during the stop and engine braking was secretly cranked up to the max.

Update: Someone reached out to me and told me to check the tire pressures on my pit strategy and the rears were indeed too high. So, I'd restate the bug to be:

a) If one is using imperial units, that should apply to setting up pit strategies as well. Making a typo when converting between PSI and bar when setting up my pit strategy was partially where things went awry.

b) When the player creates a new strategy, the default pressures should carry over from the garage values as opposed to being something pulled out of, somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  4. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Trying to make a race with formula classic gen 2 (all cars from class) @ Brands Hatch, got the game closed, and the following screen.

FIXED: Reinstalling the whole game, as Steam doesn't catch the corrupted files.
    brands hatch.png

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  5. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Free training @ Brands Hatch with mp4/4, after losing the front right wheel, restarted the race and the wheel is invisible.
    20230730192419_1.jpg

6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried verifying game files through Steam? Otherwise try installing AMS2 on a different drive, as that error usually is caused by what it says in the dialog...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

Are the physics tied to frame rate at all? It looks like you had a massive FPS drop before that happened.

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Check, that your strategy menu tire pressures aren't higher than your in-setup tire pressures.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg both long and short, also Brands may be others.
    Applicable Settings: None
    Cars: BMW Procar, Caterham 620 , Copa Classic B maybe more.

I'm seeing lots of artifacting much like Cassin's post #5134 since the new patches.
    The game seems to run fine until AI enter the pits and then it starts either during the race or at the end of the race.
    At Spielberg this happens down pit straight but at Brands Indy it happens behind the pits and is seen in all mirrors but hard to get a good picture.

artifact_Sp_short_dry.jpg artifacting_a1_short_puma_rain.jpg artifact_mirrors_brandsindy.jpg

I decided to load the game on a second PC to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue and it's exactly the same result.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. CrimsonEminence

Can't repro here - is this still the case with most recent AMS2 version and could you make a screenshot from a car with open DRS in main release?

11. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

No, fps were stable, that's problem of the recording. I was playing at 90 fps in VR

12. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Termas de Rio Hondo (might happen at any track)
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate Gen2 (might happen with any car)
    Applicable Settings: Mandatory pitstop: on, minimum tyres that need to be changed at a stop: 4
    Report: Got disqualified despite changing all four tyres at a pitstop
    Steps to reproduce: Apply settings as above, pit (changed all four tyres from soft to medium in my case), wait until entering final lap, get dsq

My suspicion is that this was caused by the minimum tyres setting, it was the first time I used it and the first time this happened.

13. TinMan_JB

TinMan_JB Member

Version 1.5.0.2
    In custom championship menu, when removing all races, the game freezes and CTD
    Steps to reproduce: delete all races from custom champ.

14. CrimsonEminence

Did you request pit stop by ICM or by button mapping?

15. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ran wide into the last corner and came in spontaneously to be honest, usually I use the button mapping.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

A small one:

In the description of the Caterham Supersport, it is said the car would not have lights, but it actually has.

17. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Front wing is up, while rear wing is down with DRS. Front wing should also be down.
    20230728231320_1.jpg

Front wing goes down while braking but DRS closes.
    20230728231325_1.jpg

18. CrimsonEminence

The little missing detail here is AI, just saw it happening.
    This doesn't happen for player cars (DRS off means DRS front wings go up) but for AI cars something is indeed strange here.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Modern Silverstone
    Car Used: Mercedes DTM
    Applicable Settings: time trial
    Report: When changing chromatic aberration, the sponsor stickers move
    Steps to reproduce: go into camera mode during time trial and change chromatic aberration

20. Apex

Apex Active Member

Track & Layout Used
    :
    Any
    Applicable Settings: Single Race
    Car Used: F-Junior
    Report: Missing/stuttering race start signal (audio). Menu ambient audio is stuttering as well. Does not happen with any other car I've tried.
    Steps to reproduce: Set up a single race with the F-Junior.

• Agree Agree x 1