Automobilista Time Trial Challenge - Season Completed!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

I have almost 20 years of experience on racing titles on PCs and I assure you that things change a lot with fixed setup and active anticheat (SimRacingTools is the best currently after iRacing anticheat), I also say why I did a lot of championships Online with rF1, rF2 and GSC. We are told to "try to believe," so let's try and then you'll see I'm right.

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I know. You said that already. And I gave you a suggestion so you can try it right now. Pick any track with the Lancer RS, do your best. I'll be faster than you, I'll send you my replay, and I'll show you my SimRacingTools working.

3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Antonio, we have our own anticheat system built into the game for Time Trial mode. The guys at the top of the rankings are some of the fastest sim racers around. You´re free to believe whatever you want, but it´s not cool to imply other drivers are cheating just because you can´t match them.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did I miss the announcement of the prize for 'best sore loser'? :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Mini Challenge doesn't have to much setup so you can try at Cascavel @Antonio Castagna .

There is my lap on F3. For my it's ok. Around 700 laps so... it's time to stop. One tenth of improvement each 10H :D:D:D

Thanks to Reiza and congratulations for the champion Turks! @Tim O'Glock #IPushingToBe2ND :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Patiently awaiting Turks to set a 1:25.9... Although it does seem his Achilles heel is formula cars. He's only been beaten once before this week I think which was FV10 and two of us got very very close with FU.

Antonio, try pressing up down down up left up down right left up and then deleting system32, that's how I've been getting an extra 10bhp!

If you ever needed proof you don't need expensive gear to set good laptimes, my CSPs gave up the ghost this week and these badboys are filling in:
    IMG_3758.JPG
    I wonder if it will anger Antonio even more if he knows I am using these.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, your brake pedal is twice as big as mine so obviously you have twice the braking power. Hacker. :p:D:eek:

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Antonio Castagna

Just understand what you want to understand and not what I actually said: I just mean to say that they need much tougher rules with much more assiduous controls, I did not say the first ones are using cheats because some have put their replay and video online and there is nothing wrong with it. Do not say things I've never said.

9. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow nice.

I have those (spare) but i now use T3PAs with my TX wheel.

Genuinely curious how people go so fast with great braking using potentiometer type pedals.

I cant stop locking brakes especially with cars like the F309. I cant get past 60% braking as the fronts (both) will seize up ruining corner entry. I have to be so gentle ( using various setup layouts) even if i lower the brake pressure or if i stop insta locking the brake power feels to weak for the corner.

Is there some secret technique or control rate settings that help with non load cell pedals?

Genuinely curious and impressed that you can do great lap times using entry level pedals. Help a fellow simmer out ;)

PS: I plug the pedals in before the wheel power cable, let it do its self calibrate thing, then as per Thrustmasters PDF manual then press the accel ten times fully then brake before i boot a game up

10. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Member AMS2 Club Member

I get what you mean by everyone is using the same setup, to even out the field so that times posted are about skill not skill+ amazing set up knowledge, but you appear to be making assumptions that because AMS game isnt running Simracing tools that maybe the top times possibly aren't legitimate as Reiza own anti cheat isnt as good as SRT or iRacing's.

Do you know the quality of Reiza's own and can make this judgment? Who knows how good or bad Reizas own is?

11. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Well I'm using low ABS in this week's challenge because I thought I can't start using a potentiometer for real after 2 years with only a few days to set a time, so that helps lol. But you just need to get used to the amount of travel and how that relates to your input on the game. With Formula cars I need to go full braking and slowly lift off as I get closer to the corner/start turning - that's the same load cell or potentiometer so it's just about getting used to the travel/feel so you can input that. Remember the throttle is also a potentiometer, so if you can manage powerslides you should be able to learn to manage lockups too, it's basically the same thing but the other way round. You can get away with slight lockups as well, if a lockup gets too much you just lift a bit. I think probably playing racing games with triggers on controllers for years before getting a wheel/pedals helped and also the fact I had never driven a real car until 2 years after I started with a wheel/pedals. I found a load cell really difficult at first and was locking up all the time. Avoiding braking while steering into the corner, possibly taking a wide entry can help too. The one thing I still can't get the hang of is heel + toe with a potentiometer brake, because it's so easy to push the brake pedal down a bit further accidentally or lift off it as you move your foot/try to press the throttle, but with this car it isn't an issue. And I'd say once you've got used to both the load cell is still easier for braking, but the potentiometer isn't impossible. So tl;dr practice and get a feel for it or use ABS, no secrets :(.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 006

006 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully another competition like this comes in the future as its been excellent, but if it does is there any chance the points on each track where the player takes control from the AI could be moved so that the first lap isnt a waste of time?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  13. krusti

krusti RaceSimulatorItaly Founder AMS2 Club Member

@Antonio Castagna What did you expect, to be the fastest driver in the world? Take note that this is a worldwide competition! I saw some of your videos, i was impressed by one in particular, MCR @ Oulton Park: less Motec stuff and more clean driving to be faster.
    I'm very happy with my top 15 placement.

PS: If you want another competition join the World's Fastest Gamer by McLaren, the 1st round is with rFactor 2.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Jean-Mathieu

Jean-Mathieu New Member

I've starting with Automobilista 2 month ago ( 48 Hours of playing )
    I'm on the top 15 ... just push arder , learn et try differents settings / trajectories and it will pay.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matty28

Matty28 Member

Congrats to madman @Tim O'Glock. It's been good fun, well played everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  16. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Didn't manage to get to all the events ( 7), but happy with 250 out of almost 1000. Good fun!

17. Vaken

Vaken Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats everyone !
    And thanks Reiza, it was fun :)

On a personal note, there were weeks where I fought more than others, depending on my interest for the car / track combination. The only sweat I got to be in the 107% was the super truck, where I spent more time than usual.
    My only regret was that I was away from home the first two weeks, and had only a couple of hours the saturday to make a time. But all in all, I think I am where I should be in the final ranking.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  18. Lee Chorley

Lee Chorley New Member

1st TT and i'm happy with 41st. been fun. Jeeze top guys are fast, I couldn't reduce sector 2 in that last TT to under 1sec behind leader. Hairpins must be my Achilles Heel.

19. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations to everyone who participated and to @Tim O'Glock for winning!
    I almost did it to the 100, I finished at 108! Now I'll have a goal for the next time!

:D:D:D:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Antonio Castagna

I'm happy for my result in this competition, though at least in 6 TT's I had to do only a dozen laps for time problems. I hope that in the future, in racing competitions, be taken into consideration, try to tell one who does real motorsport if you would be happy to give everyone their setup that effortlessly studied and developed, not I guess he would.
    Bye :hurrayreiza::cool::cool::cool:

• Dislike Dislike x 1