Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Just in time for me to makes some minor changes and mess with you., :D

they are really only minor and have a better balance and rotation feeling. more in line with pre 1.5 file. you shouldn't need to make any setting changes.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

nice! just tested it, didn't change anything. feel more in the front tyres, i like it

3. Kuku

You made me think about something that I hadn't tried, and it works very well.
    I think this file will do me now, it's the more realistic feel of driving the car based of what the rack is telling you so far. the balance is more natural, less Sop, driving from the rear sensation and more reacting to the front behavior.

I've tested with a decent variety of cars, including Dirt/RX and once you adjust to it really starts to make sense...

the changes are really minor from 1.4 version but allowed for, by more predictable rear end behavior since 1.5 I believe.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing ive created a shortcut on my streamdeck so i can do this with ease, thanks once again

• Like Like x 1
  5. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. void.snw

void.snw New Member

My god this is one monster of a thread. Where to go as a T300 user..?

7. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Download Danielkart's file from page 332, set your gain to 65, LFB 0, FX 22, Damping 0, (everything at default in the Thrustmaster driver) and live a happier life!

8. Kuku

Page 1 :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. SauroHD

SauroHD New Member

hello, I tried your FBB and I like the load felt on the front wheels when braking... but I have little detail of the track in general.
    I have tried increasing both FBB strength and effects but still feel little to my liking.
    Can you please tell me which parameters need to be modified to feel the track, curbs, etc. better. etc.?
    Ah, I forgot.... all on Moza R9.

10. Kuku

pretty noticeable on my base which a small lite wheel, so perhaps you could look at reducing smoothing halfway down the file .

(load_norm_wheel 500.0)
    (FL_load_norm (* FL_load_norm load_norm_wheel))
    (FR_load_norm (* FR_load_norm load_norm_wheel))

#(m_FL_load FL_load_norm)
    #(m_FR_load FR_load_norm)
    (m_FL_load (smooth FL_load_norm 0.08))
    (m_FR_load (smooth FR_load_norm 0.08))

Or if you switch the # around ( # at start of line disables) , just run no smoothing. And see how it feels .

also have a look at you software settings and set to as raw and unfiltered as able .

11. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same for me, I feel literally NOTHING regarding Road texture on my DD2 with this custom... Night and Day difference compared to the amazing V90 file from Danielkart...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. void.snw

void.snw New Member

Yeah page 1 left me kinda confused. That's why I asked :')

Will try that and go from there, thanks

13. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I'm on a TS-PC and find "Medium Messing" (page 332, based on AMS2 default custom file) to have the best overall feeling. Use LFB slider to fill the low end spectrum.

(my wild guess, have no proof or other informations):
    Keep in mind, most of these profiles around here are made using different wheelbases drivers, I believe introducing their own flavour (meaning, whoever does the file, has some information on the wheel not from the game FFB itself but from their own wheelbases software, that capture game's telemetry directly, leading them to reduce those same effects from game to get good overall result).
    For instance, I do get feedback from my shakers that are not present in most custom files FFB. A wheelbase driver can get those inputs and add them to game's FFB (literally, adding details that "only DD wheelbases can provide" ;))
    Thrustmaster driver's software is a black box (we cannot see what is does), but on the other hand, probably, it does not introduce changes in the game's FFB signal, are thereby more neutral (again, I have no proof), imposing a different custom file approach.

14. SauroHD

SauroHD New Member

I agree with you, the V90 Daniel file has an excellent definition of details but lacks the heaviness of the wheels when braking, there is but it's not much for me!
    If I could have the definition of the V90 Daniel with the braking wheel feel of Kuku Maddog it would be my ultimate FBB!!!

15. dMASS

kuku custom ams2 rev3.jpg
    had a good amount of time on it today, love it! left the custom as is.
    things I changed

dd2
    dropped ffb strength from 70 to 60 (with 60 I get around 12-14nm peak force @ long beach hairpin)
    dropped FEI from 80 to 70

in game
    increased fx from 15 to 25
    dropped damping from 40 to 35

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SauroHD

SauroHD New Member

Thanks, for the answer, i'll try as soon as and i'll tell you my feedback!!!;)

17. dMASS

I tried it with the settings you posted on the fanatec forums , and I'm really struggling to connect with the car. Weight transfer is very hard to read, and some of oscillations make no sense to me. I think it also feels a bit numb with your changes made to v90 removing scrub_scale all together

With your recommended FEI at 70 and INT at 6 it feels really smoothened out and I feel literally no road texture, so I'm definately not having the experience you are. Kuku's custom I dropped the FEI to 70 as I was feeling a little too much road texture.

Could you please try it with my posted settings above and tell me if your experience improves? I also feel it's a night and day difference, but each to their own

18. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Then we surely have two different working bases :D
    I have so many road details with the V90 (and changes I made)...
    Also, there are ZERO oscillations. In no situation I have any kind of oscillation. That alone indicates that something is working entirely different on your base.
    I have tried your settings with the Kuku file already and result is the same, numb and lifeless FFB...

19. dMASS

weird, as I can't make sense of how I could feel no texture on v90 with your settings, as then it would only make sense that I should feel even less with Kukus...but I feel a little too much before dropping FEI

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
  20. Kuku

Was a bit tongue in cheek . But also I believe everyone should start with the original files from Karsten , like 5.0.1.3 to get their base setting and generally get used to what they feel like before trying tunes .. otherwise you don’t have a baseline to identify the differences.

But the heavy messing files are also worth a try too .
    And these are all on page 1 .