No Refunds?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Nigel Franklin, Aug 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nigel Franklin

Nigel Franklin BANNED BANNED

Pretty annoyed about this. Wanted to play AMS2, as I like to try to play all the sims and support them all if I can. Bought the game and all DLC few weeks ago but haven't been able to get it work on my system for all I have tried.

Problem I have had is that I cant get AMS2 to work with 4 monitor setup.

Only 114 minutes in game (0 driving obviously) I finally gave up when nvidia surround (the only option) almost broke my PC!
    I then asked for a refund, thinking that wouldn't be a problem, I will buy the game again if ever they change things so it works on my system! And I get a NO to refunding anything! I am stunned!

I had really good will towards Reiza, like I do most devs in the sim racing world. But now, I think they have stolen from me and this is bad.

Anyone want to tell me that Reiza are right and that I am indeed wrong for being angry about this?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Steam allows refunds if you have spent less than 2 hours in game, and owned for 2 weeks or less. Your "few weeks" took you out of the Steam refund window.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

And that's a thing of STEAM not of REIZA... ;)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Nigel Franklin

Steam automatically refunds up to 2 weeks. However from my understanding, after 2 weeks is discretionary and is on the guidance of the dev.

Either way, if you hire someone to sell your product for you and let them handle refunds for you, this does not excuse you from the reputational damage as a result of this kind of anti-consumer behaviour

The sim racing world is small. You can't go around doing things like that!

The reputational damage that I will ensure that Reiza suffers for this will cost them far more than the few quid they have stolen from me. In fact it will be many many times more. We all know that in this sector, stuff like this doesn't happen. If it does, suffer the fallout!

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

If it’s not written, then don’t come here complaining about something you think is true when it might not.

7. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

@Nigel Franklin From experience I can tell you that you need to keep requesting a refund from Steam support until a real person actually reads your message. By default the process is automated and is declined if at least one of the criteria is no longer met. (In one case I had to keep pestering them 3 or 4 times with the same text until it wasn't automatically declined but someone actually responded to me.) Tell them what you told us - that you just can't get the sim working on your computer despite your best efforts, and point towards your play time of <2 hours. Chances are, if you are polite and reasonable they will grant your fund manually.

A shame AMS2 isn't running on your system, btw. I'm not really familiar with 4-monitor setups myself, so I'm afraid I can't offer any assistance there.

P.S.: How likely Steam Support is to accept your request may also depend on how often and how regularly you request refunds. If you rarely do this, they are more likely to grant your refund, as far as I am aware. They just don't like it when someone abuses the system.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nigel Franklin

Thanks mate. You can at least see my point, the first 2 guys were almost like well designed automaton consumers that couldn't understand why this is out of line.

I looked, it was 24 days from when I bought it, I asked for the refund. Reiza have obviously given steam the "no refund" directive which is anti-consumer. That is why I bring it here, see if someone from Reiza might explain this to me,

I care less about the money than the principle here! I clearly have only "played" 114 minutes and owned for 24 days. I have opened threads on steam asking for help, just found others with same problem!
    I want Reiza to explain to me, in what world they think that this is acceptable!

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Nigel Franklin

Do you know otherwise? I know personally developers who have that same scenario with steam. Extended returns is agreed between steam and the developer.

So let me get this right. You think its OK in this situation, not to refund do you? You think its fair and reasonable do you?

10. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

To be honest I don't understand what makes you think that Reiza - or any other developer/publisher selling products on Steam - has any influence on Steam's refund policy whatsoever? If so, that's the first time I hear about it.

Also keep in mind that other online stores - with the exception of gog.com - do not offer any refunds whatsoever, at least not to my knowledge. And that's despite the fact that some devs/publishers may actually want to offer them. I'm not saying that I like the way business is being done these days - because I don't - but none of this is Reiza's fault. And as much as I can understand your frustration (and I really do, because I have been in similar situations with other games before), there's no need to threaten Reiza with "fallout" or demand an explanation. Because unless Reiza specifically did something to make sure the sim won't work with your computer configuration, they have done nothing wrong as far as I am concerned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I'm sure the Reiza people are shaking on their feet right now..:D

In all seriousness, Reiza don't determine Steams policies, and what i would do when a certain aspect is very important to me is a bit of research before i buy something, as you mentioned that the issues are mentioned on the steam forums as well, after reading that you could still buy it, try for 30 minutes if it maybe works for you, and if thats not the case, refund immediately.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

AMS2 just like PCars2 doesn't not work with a 4 monitor setup. This is a known issue. If you want to play AMS2 you have to disconnect the 4th display. Also as other's have said the refund issue is related to Steam not Reiza. It sounds like you are out of the refund window for Steam. It might help to know Steam's refund policy before purchasing a game in the future. Maybe Steam can help you, sorry mate.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
  13. Nigel Franklin

Silly me. You are right. I had too much faith, I genuinely didnt think that Reiza might do that well known trick that everyone does, of limiting people to 3 screens.

How remiss of me not to check that the infamous 3 monitor limit wasn't in place!

How stupid I was that I fiddled with it for too long, how stupid I am that I didn't just give up immediately and refund!

My PC can run triples on any sim, as it can on AMS2. I overlooked one thing. And it was a fair and reasonable thing to overlook. You can't run a 4th monitor on AMS2, which is laughable! I am sorry, that is not on me!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So I answer the question with the Steam return policy and I get a negative check from this guy? One more for the block list.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

(please dont @ me im making a joke)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Nigel Franklin

I am not expecting them to shake. But they will lose business I assure you. I run a league for many years and I decide what sims we race on (and thus heavily influence what games and DLC a decent few people buy.)
    I am active on many forums etc and have many connections around the place like many of us have. You do something anti-consumer then people talk.

For me, I will not argue with steam. I would like someone from Reiza to tell me that they are OK with what has happened here or they aren;t!

If Reiza, on their own forum, ignore this or agree with what has happened, then we will learn a lot about them. If they do nothing, then they aren;t what I thought they were!

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Roy Niessink

Well, to be fair, i think i have read about a workaround where you need to unplug/disable your 4th screen, start AMS2, then plug it back in/enable it again.

For someone that just joined the forum, you have a not so great attitude, because of that you get the replies your getting in case your wondering

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roy Niessink

Well, how can they lose something they didn't have to start with, those people you mentioned apparently didn't buy AMS2/the DLC yet, so they are missing nothing, its a strange way of thinking tbh

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Well you exceeded the allowed time and you’re trying to get a refund. Seems like you want them to make an exception for you. If you paid “only a few quid” then why are you trying to get a refund?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nigel Franklin

Well thats one way of looking at it. Reiza won't miss my group, the thousands they might have spent is nothing! Reiza are balling so much that customers are just a distraction are they?

My attitude is reasonable. Am I supposed to be happy with what has happened? I am giving Reiza a fair shake. I am making sure there is no confusion as to whether Reiza support what steam have done or not. That is fair!

If they support what steam have done then they will take a small reputation hit, as they should,

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.