Turning ability while 100% Braking

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Emir_de_Passy, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Hi. I noticed something recently: I can still have turning effectiveness despite braking at 100% in a tight turn. In other sims, I have to trail brake to get turning effectiveness..otherwise I underseer.
    In Ams2 (not sure if it's before or after 1.5 as I just noticed), that point at which I start understeering happens much later. I noticed that in the 720 GT3 and the 570 GT4. The only two cars I've driven recently.
    This guy describes it well at about 15.30.
    Anybody else noticed?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3 cars are currently too quick, pretty simple - it's known. Various classes still need performance calibration after their revision. Affects also braking and cornering ability.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I find it difficult to consider this guys reviews of cars in different sims serious.
    Its obvious that he is a pretty slow (and not very good (IMO)) driver.
    I just checked his "fastest" laptime in the video where he announced that he would now make a hotlap :p
    Hehe a hotlap.
    The laptime was 1:24.016.
    That would make him #114 on the TT LB.
    Slower than the slower drivers :rolleyes:

An analogy would be that my grandma was allowed to make a lap in a well prepared GT3 car on Brands - and then afterwards was asked
    How do you feel the car was driving - ma'am?:rolleyes:
    Ohh thank you for asking young man - but the car would not turn.
    I had to slow down.
    But then after some severe scolding and punishment through the wheel the damned car reacted as it should.
    But I still dont like the car - eventhough I like the colour.:p

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  4. jo_siffert

jo_siffert New Member AMS2 Club Member

I am not sure, but didn't the pace went a bit slower due to the update to 1.5?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

GT3s became quicker

6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've noticed a similar trend in my own braking abilities since driving the 1.5 update...

I can definitely use a lot more of the pressure than I could before... I used to run 80% on most cars but now it's 90-100%...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

I have experienced what he's described and others have confirmed. Feel free to try it and you'll notice on your own. You can overdrive the front tyres in GT3 and GT4. Quite significantly. Take a track you know well, brake a little later than usual, start turning while keeping 100% brake pressure and you won't understeer. At least not after you have already turned a good amount.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Correct - not an instantly reaction.
    That is a good description of what I have called a delayed/smoothed out reaction or response of the cars after the 1.5 "update".
    Thank you for pointing this out.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It depends on the cars, I used to be able to crank the pressure up to 95% on the F1 cars while in beta, but on the main release I have to go back to 85% to avoid locking up excessively.

10. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This avoidance of locking up excessively is something that I've not done in a real fashion any differently to how it was prior to 1.48... The 1.48 early release tyres did make me think about how I attacked the corners differently and led to brake pressures that were more in line with what I thought...

But with 1.5 I can really lean into the pressure... Just have to have the rears skating a little on entry and it's not an issue...

Since things were so different for you in the BETA I wonder... WIth the BETA did you create a new file for the mydocs or did you transfer everything over from your other install? Did you completely wipe the mydocs for the 1.5 update? Is the FFB as detailed? Is there something missing between the BETA and the 1.5 in the FFB?

11. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The beta moved so fast that I unfortunately missed a lot of the updates to see a full progression of the FFB and difference in cars. I did not move any folders and am using the same default+ FFB profile, and deleted the documents folder in the main game. The only big difference I have found is in the braking on the F1 cars, the rest is pretty similar to how it was on the last beta build, that I did managed to test a fair bit.

• Informative Informative x 1