Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, Daniel for all those custom files!
    Hope you're getting well.
    Just downloaded v70 Plus 2-5Nm and before anything I've compared (Notepad++ with Compare plugin) to see the differences from v100 and noted there is a missing line in the v70 Plus. I suppose it is not intentional.
    Missing line #954:
    (right_bump_pos (max right_bump_pos right_bump))

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The guy with all the links to the files maybe needs to update them now

3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Thank you for your information! Yes, it may be that I only changed this at the V80. But it doesn't do anything to the file, you don't suffer from it. thank you again

• Like Like x 1
  4. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

Would it be possible to create a custom file with a set of variables at the top with comments to explain each variable. Then someone could make little application used to parse the file and edit the key variables with sliders. Also could support import\export & install to game etc.

5. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

@Danielkart You finally figured it out :). As you can see i use yours modified V70.
    I just tried your new V70Plus and i love it rly. Can run on my record times. Before that I used a V70, but I need a little information about the wheels. I partially liked the Kuku file, but it is too soft and uninformative in the center for me. Can run fast, but not stable, and especially with a small wing and old tires. So I combined V70 with the KUKU file :). The current PLUS file is what I needed, I need to adapt it to my road sensations. Thank you!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Do these work for rallycross?

7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Rally cars will also benefit from this change. The tires are now even more connected to the track. But the RX cars will be way too hard with this file and rally cars behave differently too. That's why a rally file still makes the most sense for me. It shouldn't be a problem to write them on the V70 Plus. When I have more time I will submit them

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

this would be amazing and powerful, could have the basic page with more straightforward parameters to adjust, and then an advanced ui that opens up all the properties

9. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I've added your latest "best ever" tune to the Custom Collection (v1.6). In solidarity with the International OCD Foundation, I added the missing "right_bump" line to all three files. All previous Daniel files are in the Appendix.

The Custom FFB Collection

Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. bunslayer

bunslayer New Member

all the files have the same name how do you know which one is which? thank you.

11. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

See my post above yours ... I've already taken the trouble to sort them by version. All of the versions prior to V70 Plus (i.e., the latest) can be found in the Appendix. Any of those folders (like V100 or V80, etc.) will need to be copied over to the primary list of folders, and then you can use JSGME to activate any profile you want.

Or, just download the file in Daniel's post that best describes your wheel strength and overwrite the default ffb_custom_settings.txt file

12. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think some parameters are wrong in this file.
    The engine vibration in standstill, which was always active in your files, is not working in this file and I get massive oscillations even in standstill (on various cars, old road cars, new road cars, hypercars, F1 cars, GT3 cars etc). While driving its even worse. The vertical bumps are also exaggerated quite a lot and then while turning the FFB goes very light where its losing almost all resistance for no reason...
    This somehow feels completely different to all your previous files and regular V70, V80, V90 and V100 all feel much better imo.
    So I will stick to the V80, modified by Alegunner68 (the older one where he added brake weight to the V80 file, not the most recent one).

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I tried the Bmw GroupA ( dtm) and it is indeed quite loose or vague around middle. it’s something that wasn’t present before , though it’s never going to feel anything like a GT3 .
    They have always been looser or lighter in the steering than modern cars.
    if i make it tighter for it then the GT3’s feel too tight . So i think there’s natural variance you may not be accustomed to yet .
    But agree it could be improved. and i will look at it soon ,( I think i have been confused by some of the feedback ) while at the same time considering some changes i believe will be coming in future patches. as a lot of these cars in question are still under revision.
    I suspect things will come back to be more like the file was prior to 1.5 as it worked fine in Beta and wasn’t until live release that i felt any need to fiddle with it .

it’s been a moving target and is still moving .
    So it’s hard to lock in anything currently.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried Daniel's V70 Plus and I must say there are no oscillations. I also feel the engine vibrations in standstill. Are you sure you DL the right file? @momorious
    I think the file is excellent, but way too heavy for my taste, forces are a bit too strong overall imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

I think he downloaded something else or has bad seettings at wheelbase.
    By the way you can adjust engine at standstill with (engine_scale_at_still) line.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. momorious

I downloaded the correct file and use nice base settings with lots of FFB detail, unlike the original recommended settings in that file ;)

17. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One thing that I personally would like to change is the increased resistance when you go off-track and spin. If I could reduce that effect I'd be more than happy with any of Daniel's last 4 or 5 files, really.

Also looking forward to try Alegunner's older version of the V80 modification. It's great to have so many options. Default and Default+ are pretty good as well. Almost too many options as it eats tons of time you could spend on track :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. newtonpg

If your settings differ from the original recommended settings (and you want to stay with them) than this custom is not for you.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. momorious

It is (or it should be). The other files also always were fantastic. It's just this custom which feels completely off compared to every previous file. Trust me, if I would use the original recommended settings then the oscillations would be even worse because of the added Extra latency which FEI 20 would introduce.....

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. newtonpg

Well, to be honest it annoys me much more to be off track than the eventual representation of that off track forces. :)
    Jokes aside (and I think I understand your point) my attitude is to low ingame Gain setting.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1