Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I think your current file is almost perfect, if you could replicate the centre feel on your pre 1.5 file to this current file then it would be perfect, everything else feels superb in every car that I have tried.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, that‘s the point, it is annoying enough to go off-track so I‘d rather not have to fight my wheel additionally. ^^

The thing is, I just need that one specific effect to decrease a bit. Wouldn‘t it be much better to decrease the value of that specific effect instead of decreasing all of the forces together?

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. momorious

momorious Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok I re-downloaded the V70 Plus file - this time the one provided by Daniel directly, previously I used the one included in the FFB File Compendium package. With the file directly from Daniel everything is fine like with his previous files and it actually feels very good. Now its going to be tough if I prefer this V70 Plus or the V80 with the added brake weight from Alegunner..... I *think* I still prefer the Alegunner version with hte brake weight but V70P is now quite close...

• Like Like x 1
  4. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

What exactly does the texture_scale command do? and how it feels when you rise or low numbers?

5. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I honestly don't know but decreasing overall gain give room to avoid clipping high forces as pointed out recently by Karsten himself at page 327 #6529 if I interpreted it correctly.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I can't tell what changed in the other file you loaded. But believe me momorious what you felt yesterday was by no means my original file. I know what I'm posting

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a training aid-"don't spin off track" :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Alegunner68

I think it's exactly that- road texture, it's the grainy feel when the tarmac isn't smooth. You can feel the marbles too on a lot of corners.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  9. Danielkart

Hey rixx!Unfortunately, this slide control is not available for easy adjustment.If it were that easy, it would have happened already.I've spent a lot of time trying to bring it down to a tolerable level (momentum).It used to be much worse, I don't see a problem there for me personally.In addition, this also has to do with the bump stop of the base.With the dd1 this is unfortunately very hard, with the Simucube it is much better and nice and soft.But I don't really see any disadvantages for any base, as long as they always stay on the sidelines;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was using Danielkart, but the steering resistance is just too much for me. Your custom works really well on my CSW 2.5 and I'll be sticking with it. Thanks for this, makes a world of difference.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

Same for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ricxx

Ah ok, I thought there's a specific value you could tweak. It probably is the result of your file becoming more complex over time, I guess. Would love to see what a more simple file from you would look like, with just the basic forces that make you feel what the rear end of your car's doing like self-aligning torque, the rumble when driving over kerbs and a few other important fundamentals you know much better than me etc.

I know this is not a request thread and you don't take requests anyway I suppose, but I can't imagine you really want to retire from creating FFB files (Those who like your files won't let you retire anyway :p) but it'd be a nice project. V1 Minimalist or something :)

Have a great weekend and get well soon!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Danielkart

Hey rixx! Of course, a minimal file can also work well. But I am convinced that such a complex file offers many more possibilities and combinations. The FFB physics is from Karsten and offers enormous potential and opportunities. But reconciling and sorting these physics is very difficult and requires many hours of testing and a great deal of feeling. That's why I take my hat off to every modder, everyone who has tried it before knows how difficult it is. This incredible variety of cars makes it even more difficult and always requires certain compromises. I really appreciate that Ams2 offers this possibility to write your own files. Ams2 is now at a very good level with the physics that there will also be fewer interventions in the FFB. Many people also write that Customs is a "rabbit hole", but they forget that it's the same with the defaults. With almost every update of Reiza there are also changes in the physics or in the FFB. If a simulation is not completed, there will always be changes in the FFB, whether defaults or customs. I'm personally at a point where I'm very happy and there isn't much to change other than the new rally cars and tracks. I will post these to you soon, there will only be one rally custom that will work well for all bases. And finally I would like to tell you that it doesn't matter what you take, custom or defaults, the main thing is that you have fun with it and you like it:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. ricxx

Your files are great, I haven't used anything else, really. I absolutely didn't want to talk them down or something. I really appreciate your hard work. I can imagine it's very time consuming.
    The latest files a bit too heavy for my personal taste, so I'll just lower gain a bit.

I agree, the most important thing is that people have fun. The best file and the best FFB are those you like most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Danielkart

Hi guys!

Here I am posting you my new Custom Rally V70 Plus file.It is also based on the very good V70 Plus with some adjusted values for these cars.There is only this rally file that is suitable for all bases and it will also be easier for you.

I am still of the opinion that the Customs need their own file, since it is not already integrated as with the Defaults.The powers are too different to combine with the normal custom.I have noticed that these different forces and this different FFB feedback can be compensated very well with the in-game values with gain and FX.The base values can be kept like your other cars (according to your personal taste).

I wrote the in-game values for the rally cars at the beginning of the file.I know that not everyone likes these cars, but I am enthusiastic about them.The only thing I don't like very much is the kart-cross cars, but I think Reiza will improve something in physics or FFB.

I wish you a lot of fun with these cars

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I think I will treat this current public build as an outlier .
    A lot of the focus of tuning was based around GT3s , mainly because thats what everybody seemed to be focusing on and I was in middle of preparation for a special race with them . .
    You will remember me saying I felt the tyres had a lot more flex feeling. .

well that was actually true . And is looks likely to be reconciled going forward.
    Testing in beta suggests going back to pre 1.5 files is ok .
    But might massage it a little , but can’t be certain until it comes through the main build .

• Like Like x 1
  17. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

@Danielkart thanks a lot for the V70 plus file. gr8 work.

for all G27 users some edits for our old wheels.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Danielkart

Yes, unfortunately I cannot simulate tighteen_ range and tighteen_falloff on my bases. Discuss each other what works best for your Logitech it can be good for weak bases for the middle. Well done NBrembo

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Trying the pre 1.5 file back to back with your newest file there does seem to be a more precise feel of the tires in the newest file especially at speed on the more swooping corners. On the slower corners on the older file the tires have a kind of under inflated feel compared to the newer file. So i do think the newer file is better overall and is the one I will be using at least until you decide to tweak things further. I have found upping my gain by 5 gives a better centre feel, although that makes all the other forces feel a little strong and increases the chances of clipping.

For anyone that drives mainly in Rfactor 2 I highly recommend your file because it gives the most similar feel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Alegunner68

I've been fine tuning it with fei at 80, I originally tuned it at 90 but that was a bit harsh on road texture and kerbs, I couldn't balance it out so I tweaked it at 80. I'll update when I'm happy with it.

• Like Like x 2