AMS2 Mods by Virtual Racing Cars LLC

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by Ferrari64, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza:UPDATE:hurrayreiza: AMS2 | ARC PACK
    AMS2 | ARC PACK - VRC
    Benefit from our ongoing Summer Sale!
    The Auriel 90 GTO (V1.4) and Chevrette 28 (V1.2) is now fully compatible with the latest Automobilista 2 V1.5 build! Go grab the update by accessing your original purchase confirmation.
    1Unbenannt.png

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DinoM

DinoM Member

For me, Chevrette closes AMS2 when loading.

3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

It works for me, all I did was activate the mod through JSGME after the v1.5 update. Do you use any other mods, maybe ones that still need bootfiles? Maybe there is some imcompatibility there due to the transition.

Have the cars been updated to the v1.5 changes to the physics as well or are those just the file structure changes?

4. DinoM

DinoM Member

I installed it with AMS2CM. Auriel works perfectly, but Chevrette closes the game.

5. Ferrari64

Please make sure you have deleted and de-activated all previous mods you have installed before and did a steam integrity check of AMS2 afterwards. We noticed during testing, if you haven't done an integrity check of the game before running any mods in AMS2, a lot of mods appear to be unstable or crashing the game.

6. Ferrari64

We did minor changes however we need to trust in Reiza they improve modding capabilities a lot. At the moment we are still using knowledge we build up during pCars2 Modding to work on AMS2 projects. We need a lot better documentation to get really the most out of our cars. So please don't expect any ground breaking changes.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DinoM

DinoM Member

I've done it all. Chevrette doesn't work, other mods do. I am using the latest AMS2CM. I think the Chevrette is at fault. You should look for the fault in that, not in my system. I just bought it along with Auriel. Auriel is good.

8. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Odd Chevrette is working fine for me

9. Ferrari64

Have you tried uninstalling all mods and just launch the Chevrette instead? From my side I am not able to replicate the issue.

10. DinoM

DinoM Member

Thanks, but I want to use not only Chevrette, but also my other favorite mods, not to mention track mods. I'd rather let the Chevrette go then.

11. Ferrari64

Yeah, just having the chevrette installed is a trouble shooting step to find out where the issue is happening. Did you do a steam integrity check already? Last time the Chevrette crashed for me it was fixed after that.

12. DinoM

DinoM Member

Yes, I uninstalled everything, then file check. Mods back, all mods work except Chevrette. I think this is indicative. Auriel also works, which is also a VRC product. I think it is clear that the Chevrette, which is not perfect.

13. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The correct way to test it would be to activate Chevrette only, and then see if it works or not. Can you do that and then report back, please?

14. Gevatter

Genuine question: Could an old custom setup for the Chevrette be causing the crashes?

15. Ferrari64

Yeah, this could be possible. Do you experience issues with the Chevrette as well?

16. Gevatter

No it works fine for me :)

17. DinoM

DinoM Member

Hello! If only the Chevrette is loaded, it works. If I also upload the track mods, it still works. I uploaded both your mods and Robillard's mods and then it doesn't work anymore. I am now experimenting with which of these mods it conflicts with. The thing is that so far all the PCMT mods have worked, even if Chevrette is installed.

18. DinoM

DinoM Member

Edit: The experience so far is that it conflicts with the Alpin pack, but if I do an "uninstall all" with AMS2CM and install only the chevrette and the Alpin pack, then the Chevrette worked. Furthermore, it was also observed that after installing and uninstalling the Alpin pack, Chevrette closed the game even with mods that had no problems before. Who understand this?

19. Gevatter

I'm not familiar with AMS2CM, but could it be that the Alpin pack or another mod overwrites something that the Chevrette needs, which then gets removed when a mod is uninstalled? Does it work if you install the Chevrette last?

20. DinoM

DinoM Member

If the mods are already installed, Chevrette will not start. If Chevrette is installed for the first time, it works for a while, but as I add the mods one by one, it just won't start. Last time, e.g. Alpin pack, Ferrari 250 GTO, Ferrari 430, Ferrari 458, Ferrari FXX-K, Ford Shelby GT500, Lamborghini SCV12 and finally the Lexus was added, after which it did not start again. Only Chevrette has problems, other mods work.