Forum Members Please Vote

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by ricxx, Aug 13, 2023.

?
  1. I play SP mode exclusively

85 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. I play MP mode exclusively

27 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. I play both MP and SP mode

64 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been playing racing games for around 27 years now and not once played online, it just does not appeal to me and I don't have the time to commit to a specific time to race online, my work commitments and family responsibilities don't allow it. I also have other hobbies I like to do as well. There is only so much time in a day. Even if I did have more time I would just do more single player anyway

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

MP caused more agression than enjoyment so just SP at nowdays and AMS2 is great for that purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

454 hours private lobby exclusively. I have generally lost any interest in open multiplayer in basically all racing games, particularly those with an e-sports attitude. Those are the most toxic gaming environments.

4. oidafux

oidafux New Member

Voted both. But in my case it is about 80% SP. I really like MP, but it can be really stressfull or frustrating. Sometimes it also can be really boring (because of too less participants with too different skill levels).
    I had a few good races in random lobbies and in RCO. But with SP I can drive whatever I want when I want, without any waiting, without people getting angry when I make a mistake and mistakes happen. Also league racing doesn't appeal to me because I can't commit to a certain schedule (partly because of my job and also because I don't want to). And FYI I have nearly 1500 hours in AMS2.
    Edit: I almost always am in custom race mode.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thegreatradish

thegreatradish New Member

Voted for both but it’s heavily weighted 90/10 in favour of SP. I do a bit of RCO and the club racing on racedepartment but only when I have time, which isn’t as much as I would like.

6. drummerJ99

drummerJ99 New Member

100% offline. No offense to AMS2 but if I wanted online, iRacing is hard to beat. But much prefer offline racing and it's not worth the price for offline. LOL

7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Now it’s at 0.78%

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The numbers aren't going to be amazing anyways ^^. but more than 100 people have voted so far, I'm quite happy with that. The phrasing is a bit vague which distorts the result a bit. There's also the question, if you'd love to be able to race more online but have zero time for it and therefore just do quick races with AI, you clearly are a online racer because you prefer it, but how do you vote then if 0 online racing's going on in your life despite the passion for it? And vice versa.

9. Racinglegend1234

Now it’s at 0.88%

• Like Like x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Now 0.93%

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

0.93% of every user who has ever registered for the Reiza forums? I wonder how many of those are active AMS2 players. But anyway ~160 votes is an interesting little poll all the same. It possibly could have benefited from a slightly different format to give a bit more insight into what people do now compared to would they would ideally like to be doing, and way to indicate a percentages time split between SP and MP, etc.

I sometimes wonder why none of the generic sim racing sites/content creators have (afaik) started something like a big annual survey diving into all of this stuff in detail - preferences, trends, usage patterns. Would generate a whole lot of clicks ;)

12. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Almost 3 weeks in, 169 people voted and among those who voted SP players are the majority. The wording could've been better but the result does not surprise me.

13. Racinglegend1234

I think the numbers could change if Reiza add a better MP experience. They can also change when Reiza add a career mode