Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Version: V1.5.0.4.2375.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: Group C , CART FUSA2023
    Applicable Settings: Race Weekend
    Report - Missing parts, wheels

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Version: V1.5.0.4.2375.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: Donnington GP
    Car Used: Mini Cooper JCW
    Applicable Settings: Test day, rain
    Report - Front tyre pressure is too high with the wets, making them inflate like a balloon and have no grip at all. Been like this since the beginning of this year at least.
    How to reproduce: set up any session with rain and a wet track using the Mini Cooper JCW, lower the tyre pressure to its minimum (2.4 bars) and drive for a lap. You see the tyre temperature spike in the middle section of the fron tyres, becoming completely useless.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

V 1.504 in online races the Puma GTB has a flickering rear mirror (both side and HUD mirror in the middle)

Also the P1 G2 MetalMoro Chevy has a horrible splash effect going on in light rain conditions that completely breaks driver concentration.

4. Burl

Burl Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Formula Junior
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Car is missing all engine and tire sounds, and sometimes even crash sounds. Can still hear nearby cars as intended. In previous patches, the issue was not consistent on all tracks every time, but now it is, regardless of if it's in race, test day, or time trial. In previous patches, this issue also affected Formula Trainers, but haven't tested those again since 1.5.

5. Burl

Burl Member

Track & Layout Used: Fontana Oval
    Car Used: Gen 2 F-USA
    Applicable Settings: Full rolling start formation lap
    Report: On a rolling start formation lap, nearly the entire field will start the race turned completely backwards, and turn themselves around on the infield grass, then have trouble getting into formation. Issue does not happen every time, but I have seen it twice in about 10 attempts at replicating the issue.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Strange, as I never had this issue with the F_Junior. Are you driving with a headset?

7. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Game crashing when trying to create a custom championship since V 1.5

Version:
    1.5 onwards
    Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Since v1.5 every time I try to create a custom championship the game crashes as soon as I hit the "+ new" button.
    Steps to reproduce: Main menu -> championship -> + new

If I click the "+ new" the game crashes instantly. I verified files through Steam. No mods installed or whatsoever.
    upload_2023-8-17_16-55-45.png

8. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On several tracks C3R stuck in limiter around 249 after todays patch 1.505, using resetted stock sets no chance to set longer gears.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Burl

Burl Member

I am, yes. When the cars were first released, all the sounds were fine, then as patches rolled out, it happened on certain tracks, now it's on every track. I haven't tested on a ton of tracks, mind you, but it's enough that I feel confident it's a constant problem. Also verified game files, all the usual steps.

10. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

When setting up a single race, if you set the time progression to 'off' it doesn't save it reverts to 'real time'.

11. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

Version: 1.5.0.5.2379
    Track & Layout Used: Bathurst historic / Watkins glen GP / Possible others
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer race with qualifying and possibly practice session
    Report: When in qualifying (and possibly practice session), going back to pits when the countdown for the session end runs and clicking on a camera symbol in the score list no longer spectates any car , instead some part of the track may be shown.

If next and previous camera buttons are mapped to keys camera can be cycled to many cameras being in the ground and possibly displaying trees etc , but not tracking any car.

If the race now starts after the timeout and the session advances , the view wont be in the own car but instead some static camera

Steps to reproduce:
    - Go back to pit when end session timer is shown by ui button
    - Click on the camera symbol of other players to try to spectate them
    - change player if everything looks normal
    - sometimes the camera will be already out of bounds , if not , press previous/next camera until it shows floating objects
    - wait until qualifying ends
    - on race start toggle camera will not get back to your car but sometimes cycle between some track positions

12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From Steam forums regarding multiplayer:

Nice to get on on a pole and continue button wont work. 3 Time and 2 different host and wont let race.

13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be good to know if auto advance was turned on, as that was also added to workaround these issues

14. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: lancer rs
    Version: 1.5.0.5 2379
    Applicable Settings
    : free practice
    Report: no engine sound on replay with bumper, bonet, hood, cockpit
    Steps to reproduce: run and replay

15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: 1986 Formula 1
    Version: 1.5.0.5
    Applicable Settings
    : Custom Championship
    Report: Game always using a rolling start with formation lap regardless of selected starting procedure
    Steps to reproduce: Try a Custom Championship with these cars.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: V1.5.0.5 (current release at time of writing)
    Car Used: Any RX car with opponent RX cars (I'm 100% sure about the Polo RX, but maybe it also applies to other RX cars)
    Applicable Settings: Only with other RX cars on the track
    Report: The opponent RX cars have heavily distored audio/sound effects. Especially the VW Polo RX. The only way that I can drive rallycross now is by turning the opponent sounds to 0 otherwise it sounds like my speakers are broken. It's like the tweeter in my speaker has some HEAVY distortion. I don't understand that not more people are reporting this because the issue is in my opinion massive and rallycross is amazing(so I cannot imagine that nobody is playing it). The first thing that I do with every RallyCross RX race is turning the opponent volume down to zero. If I race anything else than RallyCross with RX cars I turn it up again to ~80.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Red995

Red995 New Member

Version: V1.5.0.5 (current release at time of writing)
    Car Used: F-USA 2023
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship with both Oval and non-Oval tracks
    Report: When playing a Custom Championship with the F-USA 2023, the wrong version of the car may be selected for the trach (the championship can be "stuck" with a specific Oval version of the car for all the remaining rounds after a Oval race). The bug is random, it is not always happening. It's easier to trigger it placing a Oval race as first round, but it can happen also mid-season.
    Steps to reproduce: Create a Custom Championship with F-USA 2023 and alternate a Oval and a non-Oval racetrack for the rounds. I used WWT Oval (which uses the "short oval" version of the car), Auto Club Oval (which uses the "speedway" version, Auto Club Road Course (which uses the Standard version of the Car). If I start with WWT Oval, in the following round the car will be again in Speedway version, even if the next track requires a different version. If I start with a road course, the standard version is correctly used and when I step into an oval, the correct oval version (short or superspeedway) is selected, but then it can happen that this oval version will be maintained for the rest of the championship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Oleg Kaban

Oleg Kaban New Member

Version: V1.5.0.5
    Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch GP
    Car Used: Nissan GTR
    Applicable Settings: Quali of a racing session with AI
    Report: On-screen text showed wrong state of pit limiter state after returning to pit box in quali.
    How to reproduce: During qualifying with 15 AI, I went into pit lane, switch on pit limiter, on-screen text now says "Pit limiter engaged", I stop in the pits, pause, click "Return to pit box". So I am now in a garage, on-screen text still says "Pit limiter engaged". I drive out, full gas, and immediately exceed pit speed limit, which hits me with starting grid penalty) Seems like it's off by default whenever it says on the screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

P1 Gen2 Metalmoro AJR Nissan: on vehicle selection screen it says V6 but once selected and loaded in an online lobby it says Nissan V8

Nissan V6
    20230820220139_1.jpg

Nissan V8
    20230820220145_1.jpg

Edit: Just realized it does also say 'Honda V8'. If I'm not mistaken the Honda engine is a straight 4.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

20230821111811_1.jpg 20230821112453_1.jpg

AI does standing starts here in Championship mode for this class, also after round progression. (And also game restarts inbetween)

Please share more details on custom championship/rounds settings.

As a general reminder: make sure you added rounds to the track list after you edited the first round of the championship, that way the additional tracks will have their session settings copied over to the next round.