A new non hostile SP/MP format.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BrunoB, Aug 13, 2023.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Because I dont want to use time messing with setting up a dedicated server as I believe you are talking about.

ByTheWay: If it is that "simple" as set up a AMS2 DS then it could be interresting to see the participation numbers if this feature/mode was announced widespread before a DS race.
    My guess is that the participation could be huge.:D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  2. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

The problem with it is that although on face value it seems to get rid of the biggest gripe MP has - other people hitting your car it also removes the only reasons to race against other people.

It sounds like an obvious solution to a problem (and it is something some games have tried to avoid people deliberately ramming etc by temporarily making cars ghosts) but the downside is, it removes the entire skill of racing against other people.

Considered further : If you can't hit or interact with the other cars why have them there?

You don't need a dedicated server to test this mode. Just start a race in single player against no AI opponents. And now you have the same thing you're proposing, you do 10 laps with nothing else on the track to hit. You can post a screenshot of your time to the forum and someone else can say "No I won, I finished a minute ahead"

And that mode already exists - it's time trial. They've even got rid of the need for screenshots by having leaderboards. Except, I guess, you're saying you'll be measuring 10 laps of hotlapping rather than just 1.

3. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I quite like ACCs events like this. The ones where it is a 30 mins hotlap session. So you can't have stupid 1 lap setups and consistency counts more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Sounds like you havent got the point.
    I know from years back in iRacing where you actually can participate in official races as ghost that this experience has nothing to do with a solo TT session.
    And from lots of communicating in the iRacing forum I know that when people got too frustrated by the 1st corner heroes - or just got fed up by the mandatory ramming by people unable to control their virtuel car - I know that this non-hostile mode did help people to not completely give up on MP racing and instead just accept AI bots races instead.:confused:

ByTheWay: Actually I see no reason to go on trying to use arguments (and time) on posts like yours. Where the poster obviously are quite immune to (or unable to) understand any alternative to existing MP demolition derby. Hehe yes I know that often as example league races are pretty non-hostile :D

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

100% with you. Reiza should just add this option as MP setting, if people like it use it, if they don't like, don't use it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Which is what? You can race on an empty track now. You want to see ghosts? Well TT lets you add 3 ghosts.

Do 10 laps in time trial, the other guy got the same time every lap. See how well you did over 10 laps (probably not as consistent as that but keep trying)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1