Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The rim can make a difference here. My converted TM R383 doesn't oscillate at all, whereas my GT1 with a really light simcore 295mm carbon fibre rim does.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

You are running LFB at 0 I suspect those having oscillation problems have the LFB too high.

3. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Member AMS2 Club Member

I am a user of a ts pc steering wheel. I have the same feeling that the center is dead and that forces me to compensate by raising the low forces. I'm very happy with the evolution of the game since version 1.5, but that central ffb area dead takes away from the realism. Even so, I am convinced that Reiza is trying to solve it.

4. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I did a quick test now, and by turning LFB up I got oscillations as well. But low values (5-10) was fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried using Danielkart files? I tried his latest v70 Plus 5-8Nm custom with TS-PC yesterday and I have to say thank you, I'm really happy with it. His files have always had this front end/low force/centre bite.
    Only thing I did is that I lowered under_steer_scale and exaggerate_front_load_feel values in the file a bit, because otherwise the wheel loaded up too fast (for my subjective ffb taste) and started clipping early, even in slow corners.

• Like Like x 1
  6. YuriRR

YuriRR New Member

I am using the exact settings (double checked it) you stated in your last file. But I am indeed using simpro 2.0. It is not that easy to revert back as I would need to go back to older firmare as well, I'll deal with the shaking and hope an update of simpro 2.0 will fix that.

7. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Test file 2

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Just a quick question, I'm trying to finally get a grip on the structure of these files:

In your previous file you have these two lines:
    Code:
    (slip_crossover_pos           0.242)
    (slip_crossover_width         0.53)
    In this file they are replaced with:
    Code:
    (slip_crossover_pos           0.242)0.242
    (slip_crossover_width         0.53) 0.53
    Do the values after the ")" have an effect, or are they regarded as comments?

9. Kuku

yes they have no effect, just kept handy for easy restore of current settings when experimenting.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Michael Flemming

Michael Flemming New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Kuku,
    What value would I have to change so that the steering does not become so stiff when braking?

11. Kuku

Hi

lower
    (brake_feel 1.4)
    it’s one of those things that needs to be set up or down depending on overall strength you run . And will also vary with weight of car , so try find a nice middle ground . .

12. Michael Flemming

Michael Flemming New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you

13. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

I have extended the V70 Plus Ralley file. Now this one is for all bases from 2 - 25 Nm and for all Formula Dirt Cars / KART CROSS Cars / RX Cars / Copa Trucks / Go Karts

Note the different in-game values for the different cars.You can also find it at the beginning of the file

In Game: Gain 45-50 / LFB 0 / FX 20-25 / Damping 0 /for RX Cars

In Game: Gain 85-90 / LFB 0 / FX 30-35 / Damping 0 /for Formula Dirt Cars and Kart Cross Cars

In Game: Gain 40-45 / LFB 0 / FX 15-20 / Damping 0 /for Copa Trucks

In Game: Gain 60 / LFB 0 / FX 20-25 / Damping 0 /for go-karts

Have fun with it

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Weird, I currently play rF2 weekly/daily on LFM and none of the customs I have tried really feel like the FFB on rF2 for me, and definitely not Kuku's or Daniels. Somebody suggested some ATMOS file that should be closest, but if I remember correctly, it did have a bit similar feel in the center, but that feel change dramatically when you were more off the center and in the end it wasn't really anything like in rF2.

I don't know what really is the cause, but none of the customs I have tried seem to feel good to me after 1.48/1.5 release, outside maybe 'heavy messing', but I'm now pretty happy with the default/default+. It was pretty much totally the opposite before those releases. It could be also due to racing on rF2 so much during the spring and getting used to that FFB (and loving it).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Weird indeed, I have had 1500+ hrs in Rfactor 2 and as I stated Kuku's file feels very close to me, not exactly the same as Rfactor 2 still has more detail, especially at the centre of the wheel and bumps feel more pronounced, but the general feel of the tire grip feels about the same, apart from the feel of driving on the edge of grip, which seems easier to detect in Rfactor 2, but I think that is more of a tire model thing than FFB feel.

I suggest playing with your wheel and in game settings with the kuku file, try the Porsche RSR 74 as a test car. I found LFB (keep it low to 0) to be the most critical setting in game followed by gain (about 10 lower than where you are clipping under heavy cornering)

Of course if your happy with what you are using then ignore the above.

16. Kuku

You can turn up this scale for more powerful bumps.
    (large_track_bump_scale 0.1)

It’s set to minimum currently as i don’t feel like i need to be rocked by the bumps and makes for a lot of extra thumping noise in a confined space . i feel them just not violently.

i’ve haven’t played much RF2 as i cant get the feel in a nice window for me . a lot of the larger track bumps feel ten times stronger than running over kerbs . i have no idea why ?

it’s like randomly running over a 3 inch deep rim bending pothole .

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
  17. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello again @Danielkart. Is there a way of reducing the very high strength of the wheel if you happen to spin? At the moment it is almost impossible to hold the wheel in these situations. I have tried a few of your Customs, and they all do the same. Other than that, they are great. Hopefully there is an answer. Thanks Daniel.

18. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi Michael! I should have more information from you. Do you still drive with the same Fanatec Base? Which file do you mainly use? There's sure to be something to lessen that power. To be honest, it's also a general problem from Fanatec with the bump stops and the settings from Fanatec (against the recommended settings, but everything had its reasons) I have absolutely no problems with the Simucube anymore, unfortunately it was with the dd1 before always a problem. Since I uninstalled the dd1, it became difficult for me to simulate the Fanatec. But there are values I can tell you so you can test it. Please write me here in the private chat, because here discussions about right or wrong come up very quickly. For me there is no wrong or right, it's up to the user to decide. Also, I'm not on the rig very much at the moment. See you soon Michael

19. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I changed (large_track_bump_scale0.1) to 0.2 and this gives a slightly better feel. If I increase it much above that I start to get a gritty feel in the steering, almost like it is amplify the track texture. So I think there is some difference in how Rfactor2 and AMS2 translates bumps on a pysics level. Even with the default FFB I cant get track bumps to feel the same as in RF2.

Trying the same car on the same track in both sims, tracks just feel less bumpy in AMS2, maybe its the way track surface is produced in each sim that makes the difference?

Overall I am really enjoying your file and it really allows the latest updates from Reiza to shine.

20. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use a Simagic Alpha.