Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

You can also try my personal custom.This is specially written for my Simucube 2 Pro, without compromises for other bases.This should build up less power, I drive forces of 10-13Nm depending on the car.Just try

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've enjoyed several of the custom files I've tried from here, but have come to the conclusion that I find they just have way too much going and feels unnatural to me.

I've settled for now with the base stock custom file as I find it's somewhat similar to iRacing.

Any chance someone could tell me how to go about adding just a couple details...or simply make me one please:)

I like the stock custom file and would like a bit more road vibration, suspension and brake feel.

No need for scrub, tear, stretch and all that other stuff :)

I use a Thrustmaster TX 3.9 nm belt driven

Cheers

3. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Texture is on the same branch and texture_scale is actually a multiplier of blended bumps and kerbs details, so it may be that you need to lower texture_scale at same time as increasing large_bump.

but yes part of it will be just track rendering being inconsistent in Rf2, you can drive around most of a track and it all feel ok, then hit a moderate bump and it jolts fillings out.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Honestly I don't want to jump down the Rabbit hole of tweaking FFB files, you seem to be doing a fine job, I am happy with the file you provided and trust your judgement.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kuku

Fair enough, it's just like adjusting sliders.
    Try this test file.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well for me the FFB in rF2 has this "sticky" feel and that is part of the puzzle on how the grip is felt. The more grip, the more sticky/friction type of feeling you get and when there is less grip, that sticky/friction feeling is lessened. It can be clearly observed if you go to drive on a "green" track vs. saturated rubber track, which feels really sticky.

When I started with rF2, that sticky feeling didn't feel very pleasant and not sure if it even still does, but sure seems to be very effective and is perfectly natural now when I jump into that sim.

Also if remember correctly, when the tires are overheated, the friction can still be felt, but it's a bit like there is less "grain" in it, it's smoothened out.

I could be wrong, but maybe that is one of the things how rF2 FFB is able to indicate that grip/edge of the grip that well. Positive side effect is that there is no oscillations when standstill, because the friction / wheel speed being so slow takes away those. I don't need to have any dampers set in game (no option for that) or in wheel software.

what comes to how you feel the track surface, kerbs and all that is not THAT different to AMS2.

Some custom file felt a bit similar with that sticky / friction feel, but it was only our the center and when you turned enough, it changed, which I didn't like. Might be the one ATMOS file somebody suggested at some point.

I might the customs again at some point and try to find settings in game/on wheelbase that would work better. I tried to dial in the friction from the wheel software, but it's not really the same as the game doing it for you dynamically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Danielkart

It's amusing how people get stuck on their favorite simulations. Ams2 is and will remain Ams2 with all its strengths and weaknesses. And it's the same with Rf2 or Iracing and any other sim. To me what you said about stickiness doesn't make sense (my opinion) but if that's how you feel you should stick with Iracing. Ams2 will never become rf2 and rf2 will never be Ams2.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Thanks, I will give it a try when I get the chance

9. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't say that it's something I prefer, just that it works and the game is able to transfer the information to the driver very effectively this way. Also feeling of the grip and the edge of it, is something where rF2 is usually praised. I tend to think that in rF2 the FFB is a bit over the top, and maybe not "realistic", but it's really effective of giving the info for a sim driver who don't feel all the forces that you would in a real car. Never driven a race car though.

The answer of mine was related to my earlier comment that no custom file of AMS2 really feel like FFB of rF2 and that was mainly just explanation what I feel different and how I perceive rF2 FFB.

To be frank, I don't particulary enjoy that sticky feeling (much at all), but I do enjoy to be able to feel the grip very well and probably better than in any other sim I have tried. I wouldn't mind at all if there would be option to have similar feeling with some custom file in AMS2, but it's not something I'm actively searching and honestly, I do like the default options already quite a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I gave it a try and it gives me that strange feeling in the steering I instead changed this line
    #Road bumps, details and suspension to 155 from 135 on your previous file and this gives me the feeling that I was looking for.

11. Kuku

yes the master scale for road effects .
    that’s definitely a good option . i thought it might make texture to high as it scales everything up the same . thats why i tried individual scales .

but it’s good that master does the job as that’s the easiest way .

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

I love this gorillaz FFB file just would like a bit more tire scrub. You may have answered this one before. Which line could I adjust to get this feeling. Thanks again for making these custom FFB files.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
  13. Kuku

some of it gets lost in the noise from increasing other effects . you might have more success just increasing master road scale like Xzanmsn did with other file .

would pay to see if a small increase in Fx slider helps .

but otherwise you might look to lower scrub_scale_freq to increase scrub vibes or raise scrub_scale .
    but could have an effect on steering strength and require a small decrease in FX .

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

I went with leaving everything as is with an increase in the FX slider. Thanks again for your help.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Danielkart

Hi guys!

Here is my new personal V70 Plus file for my Simucube 2 Pro and for update 1.5 from Reiza.Also suitable for all other strong bases.As always, I left the flatspot at 0, this can be changed according to personal taste from about (flatspot_scale 0 - 0.05)

Have fun

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  16. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

is there also a rally version or you use this one for all cars

17. Danielkart

Hello Lars! This file is not for rally. The rally file is special for all rally cars and trucks and even the integrated go-karts file. When I have more time again I will also post an adapted rally file. And of course the adapted custom for weaker bases

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

For my G25, at least, I found the tighten_range of 0.13 and tighten_falloff of 0.013 a bit overly tight, but reducing tighten_range to 0.05000 and tighten_falloff to 0.00500 seemed about right. Honestly, though, Daniel's file is so good out of the box these tweaks represent a overwhelmingly small improvement over what is already there. LFB seems utterly unnecessary.

19. Kuku

Test file 3
    nothing too major changed , but less reactive to wheelspin.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  20. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone had the issue where the FFB cuts when you have the wheel full lock for a second or so? I was doing some rally and the FFB dropped as I was riding a big slide.

Is there a way to turn off this? Sucks having a jack in the box FFB restart when you're trying to save a spin.