Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tinez

Tinez New Member

Track & Layout Used: Barcelona, Autόdromo de Goiania, Nürburgring, Montreal, Monza, Spa, Bathurst, Hockenheim (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Formula Junior, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, v8 Stock Car 2023, Gormula Vintage Gen 2 (seems to happen in any car)
    Applicable Settings: settings seem irrelevant.
    Report: Cars float just off the ground after pitting.
    Steps to reproduce: Dedicated server. Observe any other car after they've pitted.

As the post I've quoted above hasn't been "agreed" I thought I'd give more insight.
    I've been in 10 dedicated server races since 1.5 and people have seen this bug in every race that has had pitstops, without exception. It appears that cars aren't released from their jacks, so they float along as if they're still jacked up.

It may be possible that the track distance between the car that appears to float and the person that can see that car floating may be related at the time that the floating car enters their pit box. It's like the viewing car doesn't get the message that the other car has been jacked up, so doesn't receive a message to lower them from their jacks.

This bug used to happen occasionally before the 1.5 update but now it seems guaranteed to happen every time.

As this bug has been around for quite some time and may be difficult to pin down, a suggestion is to remove the feature of cars being jacked up in the pit stops all together until a robust fix can be implemented as this is more immersion breaking than not having cars up on their jacks.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tinez

Tinez New Member

I can't seem to time stamp, sorry.
    skip to 1:02:24

4. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Track & Layout Used: Nordschleiffe 1970 (only track tried with this issue)
    Car Used: Lotus 72
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Wet ('Soaked') track, sunny weather in July (1970? the default date)
    Report: Track state resetting after viewing a replay in Test Drive. I started on the soaked track, and by the end of lap 1 it was starting to get quite dry in parts. Around a third of the way through lap 2 I had a small off, and decided to watch the replay before going back to garage (likely to try dry tires). I watched the replay until about 2 seconds to go, and went back to my car, but now the track in front of me was completely wet again, like at the start of the session (which wasn't the case in the replay of the last 1:15 or whatever the limit is)
    Steps to reproduce: Set soaked track with sunny weather in July, drive until it's much drier all over, then pause and watch replay. Exit replay and check track state (as it was or gone back to wet).

5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From Steam:

Formula Ultimate stuck in pits- Spa 1970 1000k
    Anyone else? Both models are doing it.

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ultimate Gen1?

7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I assume he meant Gen 1 and Gen 2 with saying "both models".

Sry, Steam bug reports are not very specific and often in terms of rants, but sometimes they are specific enough that I have posted here. I think this is almost specific enough and also, game breaking.

8. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: V1.5.0.5.2379.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Opala 86 has third spring adjustment that goes from 0-31, dont think its supposed to be there.
    https://i.imgur.com/tfa7Iqb.png

9. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Gateway Oval
    Car Used: Formula USA
    Applicable Settings: FCY enabled
    Report:
    We had an 80 lap Gateway sprint last weekend with FCY on. Outside of some obvious ping issues from one player, we noticed that another player was trying to limp his car back to pits after damage during a FCY, he went into the pit entrance while they were closed, and bailed from entering as they were closed last minute. He then proceeded to dive into the pit entrance lane to avoid traffic. While this obviously isnt the best way to handle things, during this ordeal the game read the grid order changes in such a way that it started penalizing players multiple 5s penalties for not giving back race positions, which ended up totaling 65s i believe. Edge cases like these should be worked out to not penalize other players ideally, though im sure its extremely complicated. Video Link

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Suffstress

Suffstress New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa 1970 (Seems to happen regardless of track selected however)
    Car Used: Corvette C3-R (GT Classics class)
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Changing setup at all (Including suspension/alignment etc.) locks the car into the higher final drive ratio, even after resetting setup, restarting the race, and restarting the game. Copying a leaderboard setup from time trials also did not fix it. Only way to get the lower final drive back seems to be to delete the setup from the documents folder and start the game again, but any setup changes will reintroduce the problem. Tested in Single Race (practice session only), Test Day, and Time Trial. All showed the same problem.
    Steps to reproduce: Enter a session with the car, change anything about the setup, and drive. Final drive ratio number will still say it's at the default unless changed, but whether changed or not the car's top speed will be that of the higher final drive ratio, around 250kph rather than the 290kph it should be.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dud

Dud New Member

I can confirm this behaviour in Single Race and Multiplayer. In single race the AI is unaffected and simply drive past the player with ease.

12. ZakMcKracken

ZakMcKracken New Member

Track & Layout Used: Nürnburgring GP / Veedol / 24 Hours Layout
    Version: 1.5.0.5
    Report: There is a part offtrack that has no collision mesh:
    nuernburgring_clipping_ams2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Marg

Marg Active Member

I am still with this that AMS2 does not "remember" the last car class used in single race. It always shows Brazilian stock car on the selection screen, next time.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Maddesen

Maddesen New Member

Track & Layout Used: Monza
    Car Used: BMW M6 GT3
    Applicable Settings: Single race, GT3-preset, Number of AI: Maximum (31)
    Report: When spawning in the pit garage for the practice and qualification sessions, another car is spawned inside the driver car. When looking at the car next to it from external camera, the same has happened there. Ultimately you are unable to do anything. Car will not react to any input and all you can do is wait out the session or skip to end. The same applies to the cars spawned at the same place. The double spawning seems to lock the cars in place.
    1. From start menu click Single Race.
    2. Click Preset Selection. and select GT3
    3. Click Vehicle Selection. and select BMW M6 GT3
    4. Click Circuit Selection. and select Monza
    5. Click Opponent Settings. and set Opponent Field Type to Same Class, Opponent Number to Max Available and click Save
    6. Click Start
    7. Click Drive
    8. The car will start in the garage with another car inside of it and you are unable to do anything but enter the pause menu.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. bmkfp

bmkfp New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa-Francorchamps 2022
    Car Used: Cadillac DPi-VR
    Applicable Settings:
    - Tyre wear: accelerated (but from what I tested it doesn't affect AI behavior)
    - Fuel usage: 3x
    - Other settings included in screenshots
    Report: All AI drivers from DPi class are coming for a pitstop on lap 2 and lap 3/4. Basically all drivers have full tank which is 76L (5 laps), but they come for their stop a lot earlier and too often. Checked with real fuel usage and in that case the amount of fuel is different for most of drivers (some have 30-something liters, some have 50, some have full tank), and their strategy is different. But would like to run i.e. 6h race of Spa in 1h and keep everything scaled and realistic as possible.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. In Main Menu select Single Race
    2. Select Cadillac DPi-VR as your vehicle. Race Settings, Opponent Settings, Rules & Regulations are included in screenshots. Practice and Qualifying disabled
    3. Start a race
    4. Select Edit Setup, select front and rear tyres to Soft Slick, add maximum amount of fuel. Click Pit Strategy. Create strategy in which you change tyres to slicks again and you refuel the car with maximum amount of fuel.
    5. Click Drive. On lap 2 all drivers from DPi class are coming for a pitstop. Keep driving until your first pit stop and see if AI pits on lap 3, even though I think they could pit on lap 7.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Chevy stock car 2023

Brake lights on the 23 Chevy stock car are not rendering RED from a distance and only appear when your within a car length or two.
    Toyota is fine

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

One of the great details in this sim is the correct animation of H pattern gearboxes as to the gate they are in, so, as an example, a BMW M1 has a dogleg H Gate pattern and the gear lever position is animated as such. So cool to see in VR. It's a minor bug, but a bug nonetheless: The Group C Corvette GTP has 3rd gear as 5th, and 5th as neutral.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Knell Rohan

Knell Rohan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Monza 1971 10k no chicane
    Car Used: Copa Classic Tier 2 Fusca FL
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: After end time of race, race is not end... 2nd time for two years at same championship
    Steps to reproduce: dedicated server. race 15 min.

48:00

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  19. leegestuhl

leegestuhl New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track with colored curbs
    Car Used: Porsche 911 GT3 R (or almost any other car)
    Applicable Settings: Cockpit camera
    Report: When driving over curbs, the red-white colors light up the whole cockpit. Some cars have it more, some a bit less. It's like the car has no bottom and the colors just "shine" trough into the cockpit. This is clearly a bug, unrealistic and immersion breaking.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive with the Porsche 911 GT3 R in cockpit cam over some curbs or even green run-off areas. Here is a GIF and Youtube video which shows this happening:

[​IMG]

You can clearly see it in this video on Youtube:

20. leegestuhl

leegestuhl New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: The timing system is inaccurate or times are getting rounded: Too many lap or sector times are ending with a 0. The next most seen number would be 9 or 1. This happens in every mode (Time Trials, Online Races, Practice, etc.). This was already a bug in Project Cars 2 and seems to still be present in Automobilista 2.
    Steps to reproduce: Just take a look at a some Time Trial leaderboards or drive some laps around any track in any car. You will see that times ending up with a 0 are quite common. I created a post asking about this and it got confirmed from different people here on the forum (Cockpit graphics and time inaccuracies). Here is a screenshot showing this:

[​IMG]