Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Monza 1988
    Car Used: McLaren MP4/4
    Applicable Settings: Practice
    Report: Final corner, Parabolica, miles before tire wall, something other, invisible, was hit....
    ss130735.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From Steam:

"This is a new bug for me but my league mates reported their set up being reset after a pit stop...

We were at Indy speedway so they just had to retire... 2 of them in the one race and that was after another driver had the AI take over for them...

They obviously got their set up changed as they went from being on the pace to being unable to keep up with the pack..."

AND another post from the same user:

"I haven't had it happen to me yet, but I've had the garage/session change over set up bug at least 3 times a week when I was racing 4-5 days a week in leagues with AMS2... And it happened to a few other people that didn't have it happen during the race that night...

The normal set up bug seems to happen more with cars with a Low downforce variant... Which includes the CART gens where I see it happen far too often on the ovals... Where it's easier to notice as the gearing is off and usually redlines... Even with the same name of the set up on the set up screen...

To avoid it I've taken the route of resetting to default and reloading the set up after each session changeover... Still happens when I return to the garage in practice or qualy but I just lose a bit of track time when that happens... So it's no big deal..."

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dolph

From Steam about rear lights of McLaren 570S GT4 and Mercedes AMG GT4:

The rear lights on McLaren 570S GT4 and Mercedes AMG GT4 are wrong

Hey, could you please fix the rear lights on the McLaren 570S GT4, I know this from when I played ACC, when they're on, the WHOLE light is meant to be on, not just the outside corners. And with the AMG GT4, (again from ACC, so I highly doubt it's incorrect) the brake lights are meant to be the outside half of the lights, not the inside like they are now, and the light in the middle is meant to be the rain light and pit limiter light (one flashes and one doesn't). Not really sure how these got overlooked, but hopefully they can get corrected in a future update.

4. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

ACC is wrong on this one, look at the very first seconds of this video, and of course each time the car brakes:

But it's true for the center light, it's not a brake light.
    Same for the Mclaren lights, you're right

Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Dolph

6. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Jerez Historic
    Car Used: GT3 BMW Z4
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship, round 13 of 22, mandatory pit stop, 0 tyres. 25 min race
    Report: When the pit window is open I pit and rejoin. At the end of the race I get a message I have to pit (again). When I don’t get in the pit I get disqualified.
    Steps to reproduce:Restarting the race (not advance to next race) I tried again and got disqualified again. Tried another time and pitted after 7 minutes ánd at 20 minutes I got disqualified as well.

Doing a Single race with the Z4 at Jerez Historic, 25 min with mandatory pit stop I don’t get disqualified. I already did 12 races in the championship without any problems with the pitstops. Continuing the championship, the next round didn’t give a problem pitting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dolph

There is no BMW GT3 Z4 in the game. Do you mean the M4 that is in GT4 class or the M6 that is in GT3 class?

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe he is talking about a mod

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it's the mod. But my suspicion is that the pit stop error hasn't got anything to do with the mod.
    If Reiza doesn't want to take a look at it, it's fine with me. I just hope that this report can solve a problem in the championship mode.

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Snetterton 200:
    Replay cam is broken, shows you a building all the time instead of cars on track.

11. TacticalNuclearPingu

TacticalNuclearPingu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Long Beach

Car Used: FUSA23

Applicable Settings: MP Race on P2P server. Race length 70 laps, FCY ON.

Report: FCY comes out and the pits are open immediately. Pace car waits at pit exit to catch the leader. Leader(s) pit before they meet the pace car at pit exit; i.e. they pit the first time the see the pit entry after the FCY has been triggered/thrown. After pitting, no leader on track has triggered the pace car to move from it's standby/staging position. Leading car(s) exit the pits and pass the stationary, non deployed pace car. They then get told to drop behind it, they do; all cars who passed the stationary staged pace car reported then being told to follow another car, which was further around (therefore ahead of) the pace car. As they could not locate where the other car was to follow, they then rack enough penalties for DQ extremely quickly.

Two examples occurred in the race. In the first, the leading car Chris TheFrencyOne pits as the leader. We see in the video that the pace car comes out and waits for a leader to cross start/finish (S/F) and trigger the pace car to deploy. Chris TheFrencyOne as race leader still upon pit exit triggers the pace car to deploy and passes it in the process. He then slows quickly to allow it to repass. I've cycled through the cars immediately behind the leader Chris TheFrencyOne to confirm no car behind triggers/passes him as the leader and triggers the pace car deployment. Quickly after getting back behind the pace car, Chris TheFrencyOne was instructed to follow first Vespa, who they let passed, then another car on another place on the track (Chris TheFrencyOne recalls Mackinations, but that is unconfirmed) which they were unable to do, causing them to quickly rack up enough penalties to trigger disqualification.

In the second instance in the same race, a similar occurrence manifests, this time involving two cars (1st and 2nd, as well as another car, A.~{CC}~ who was 14th but exited pits ahead of leaders) as they were close together on pit exit. In the video, we once again see the leader (Alex) pit before triggering the pace car to deploy from it's standby position on pit exit. As we see in the video, Alex has just passed S/F when the FCY is triggered and the pace car leaves it's pit box to move to the standby staging position at pit exit, meaning ALex scoots around the lap with the pace car stationary. The top 3 cars (Alex, Theoloop and J. Hooton) all pit before the leader crosses S/F to deploy the pace car. 1st and 2nd, Alex and Theoloop both exit pits at almost the same time and end up passing the pace car, quickly returning the position to the pace car. 3rd place J. Hooton narrowly avoids passing the stationary/freshly deployed pace car and is unaffected this bug. Theoloop and Alex reports they were told to follow A.~{CC}~ who they allowed past; A.~{CC}~ similarly (the blue PPG car in the video) passed the pace car as it was stationary at pit exit. A.~{CC}~ was told to follow Alex after dropping behind the pace car, Alex told to follow A.~{CC}~, with Theoloop also being told to follow A.~{CC}~; Alex and Theoloop were able to comply with the order to follow A.~{CC}~ but they were disqualified promptly due to racking up penalties for non compliance. A.~{CC}~ also was disqualified for the same offense. We see on the video also that the 4th place car jlace1634 also pits and doesn't pass S/F to trigger pace car deployment (and never becomes leader, same as J. Hooton in 3rd.

Steps to reproduce: Based on the evidence above, to reproduce the leader has to pit before they cross S/F on the track to trigger the pace car deployment, and no another car inherits 1st as a result of not pitting and crosses S/F to trigger pace car deployment. This will lead to the scenario where the leader triggers pace car deployment via proximity/becoming "visible" to FCY logic when emerging at pit exit, and inadvertently passes the pace car. As this race was longer with many drivers, it would be advised when reproducing that one or more cars are a lap or two down from the leader when the scenario is tested, as was the case in the incidents above.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: 1.5.0.5.2379.AVX
    Car: ARC Camaro
    Report: The ARC Camaro starts race sessions with its engine off. Offline, single race. Clutch does not help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Car: P1 Gen 2, all the MetalMoro cars in the class
    Report: The wiper's effect on the water on the windshield is wrong. It creates large low-resolution smudges in places the wiper blade doesn't touch and makes most droplets on the windshield instantly disappear when it starts a new wipe.

Hopefully it is visible in the low-quality video below.

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

ARC Camaro:
    Wrong description on the info screen. It says the car would have a 6 gear transmission, but it only has 5 gears.

ss162857.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dosda Pierrick

Dosda Pierrick Active Member AMS2 Club Member

what car

16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with the car. I mean the external TV-camera in replays. There are two cameras, the game switches between them. One shows the building very long (the slower the car, the longer you see it instead of action on track).

20230908132055_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car: Corvette C3R
    Report: Gear ratios change randomly every time I return to the pits.Car suddenly loses 10+ mph of top speed.

18. verydystrbd

verydystrbd New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Game crashing on a consistent basis
    Steps to reproduce: Driving for any extended period of time nearly always results in game crashing while I’m on track, and displaying a bugsplat report. It most recently happened this week on the latest patch (v1.5.0.5), but it’s been an issue for the past 2-3 patches.

Hi all,

I’ve been having consistent back luck for a couple of patches now, getting bugsplat game crash messages left and right. Loading into any race that’s longer than 20 minutes is just a coinflip as to whether I’ll be able to make it through before the game crashes. There’s really no warning sign for any of these crashes either, but it only ever seems to happen when I’m out on track. The game window will just disappear, and I’ll be left looking at my desktop with just a bugsplat popup left.

I’ve tried updating all the relevant drivers that I can think of, but it still keeps happening and I’m running out of ideas for things to try. I tried searching back through this thread briefly too but didn’t see anything recent which seemed relevant to this. Here’s what I’m running, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, it’d be greatly appreciated:
    - Windows 11
    - Intel i5-2600K
    - NVIDIA RTX 3080: Latest driver – installed 8/22/23
    - G920 wheel: Latest driver – confirmed 9/9/23
    - Thrustmaster T-LCM Pedals: These have no driver

One sort-of unique thing about my setup is that I run 4 monitors, with three of them being used for a triple-wide setup here. I use NVIDIA Surround to group these together so that AMS2 knows which three monitors to use, so that is also always running whenever I’m on the sim and this happens. The program can be a bit finnicky so it’s worth making a note of

19. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Game version: 1.5.0.5.2379
    Car: TSI Cup
    Report: When using the extra brake on the VWs, any of the 4. They become completely bugged, it is impossible to move them, throwing extensive numbers on the tires.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please share what driving aids you are running? And general realism/failure settings?