The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, Iracing and as much as people hate on it GT7 replays, are the most natural and life like of all the racing games right now IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The DS RX car remembers customised external camera views (right CTRL plus number pad) and does not reset back to default ones when resetting the car on track or moving from one session to anothers. AFAIK it is the only car in the game that has this feature and it would be great to see it implemented on all other cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

I'm mainly a single player sim racer but the one thing you can't do in single player is 24 hour endurance racing. So you should add a feature where you can team up with AI drivers and drive 1 or 2 hour stints and share the car with AI drivers for a full 24 hour race. You would also need to add a "save race" function so players won't have to do the whole 24 hour race in one go, perhaps allow the race progress to be saved only during driver change-overs.
    So that's my idea, and you're welcome to it free of charge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What If You Could Fine Tune A.I. Wet Weather Ability To Suit You?

I've been having a fantastic time with the GTE's in AMS2 at Nurburg in changing weather conditions recently after the most recent A.I. calibration, suits me well, but its made me think!???

It strikes me that folks abilities in wet weather varies quite a bit from their ability in the dry. For instance Im finding the GTE's near perfect to both my ability in the dry and wet now after recent calibration updates. However!

If I take one of my friends as an example, he will freely admit that he is slow in the wet, infact in the dry we are usually tenths of seconds apart, however even if hes quicker than me at a certain track in the dry, as soon as the track gets wet, Im then way out infront (not that im an alien, its just the difference between us two).

So this means for me the A.I. calibration between dry and wet is near perfect in a race with changing weather, but for him, its gunna end up not being worth racing the A.I. with changing weather as they will suddenly be way too fast. Even with the best calibration, there is no way Reiza (or any other sim dev for that matter) can account for that with the way things stand at the moment (its hard to please everyone in'it!). For instance in RF2, when it rains, with most classes, the A.I. become too fast for me

. So hears an idea, how about if you could fine tune the A.I. wet ability to your level? This could be a feature in any sim, but I think if its actually even possible, Reiza would be the folks able to to it! Hears a video explaining exactly what the idea is (don't worry its very short... Like me:D) I'd love to know what you folks think of this?

• Like Like x 3
  5. BighGreenHall

BighGreenHall New Member

Nope. Someone said raceroom, but I never checked if thats true. All the other race games, I did check and no.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gean

Gean khain

Hi there guys, I know AMS tries to simulate all aspects for a given car. At the same time, one of the things that makes it special is running some fantasy races, like modern cars on historical tracks or whatnot.

Would it be too hard to have an option to run a non-official gear ratio if allowed?

There's certain cars that are extremely fun to drive, but they were never meant for certain tracks. As an example the Sprint Race cars running on Nordschleife. In that particular track, or tracks with long straight lignes, the gearbox is too short and can't be customized to be longer. Would be great to have an option to run longer or shorter (customizable) ratios. That could be linked to the assists from the car, for example, when running in simulation mode, the ratios could be locked to the "real" ratio.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Virindi

Virindi New Member

Hi. I would love a saturation / contrast slider.. I believe the colors and contrast are too high. I play in VR so I can't use reshade or nvidia adjustments..

8. wickfut

wickfut Member

you have access to contrast/brightness/exposure/saturation/vibrance and separate red/green/blue controls in Opencomposite.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Virindi

Virindi New Member

Oh you’re right, I saw it in other games when playing with openxr settings but did not activate it on AMS2.
    It looks so good now. :) Thanks!

10. Leniek

Leniek New Member

I would like to see Clutch mapping that allows two analog axis to be mapped as clutch with bite point together with mapping for setting bite point.

e.g. If I release RX clutch is not fully engaged until I release RY
    how much engagement is achieved by releasing only one axis should be controlled via additional bite point+, bite point- mappings

This would be super useful for anyone with F1 style wheels
    (looking at You, Thrustmaster, that does not support dual clutch in drivers for Your wheel with dual clutch paddles)

11. zzigg

zzigg New Member AMS2 Club Member

an option for ultra wide monitors . curved sreen. 32:9, 49"
    thanks

12. Wilf Tonsmann

Wilf Tonsmann New Member AMS2 Club Member

For hosting multiplayer, two badly needed features:

1) Save the Lobby name and password from prior sessions!!!
    2) Add a restart button so that a bad start / pile-up can be recovered with a new race start - without having to re-host from scratch

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FD1

FD1 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: V1.5.0.5
    Request Title: Increase rallycross tracks grid size
    Description: Please, increase grid size for all the rallycross tracks. Even if the new starting positions are bad, it's better to play with all your friends than leaving some out.
    Currently, most tracks are limited to 6 cars and Nurburgring to 5. They should host a minimum of 8 cars each.
    As some may have already noticed, even formula cars have massive grip on RX tracks so realism in grid size shouldn't be a concern.
    Benefits: Fun levels increase

14. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Based on Game Build: 1.5.0.5
    Request Title: Head Movement

Description:
    Tilt
    - when braking/decelerating, head movement also needs a tilt component (not just translacion)
    Roll - would be very nice to have head roll also proportional to steering wheel angle - this works great in another sim (this may sound a little weird when standing still, but amazing immersion while driving). Also, it shows the wheel is not straight when starting a race.
    Stabilization - that's an hard one! :) We should have an head movement setting/configuration (a thrid one?) that provides a more natural stabilization of the head/eye combination. As AMS2 does, following car suspension movement, is physically correct (if we put a sensor/camera attached to the car), but not in line with our biology that provides an amazing stabilization.
    Example: when turning, the cars ahead (and the landscape, for that matter) move from side to side on our sight/screen. That's not what we feel while driving a car - the car ahead stays in the same spacial place when we are looking at it.

Benefits: more natural head movement, increases braking feeling, better immersion, better sense of connection to the real world (the AMS2 "bouncing" effect many complaint about is all about this, not about the car/tires physics ;))

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  15. herakles

herakles Member

We URGENTLY need an option not to repair the engine while in the pits. If you have a suspension problem and the engine gone down to some damage that is not crucial, the pitcrew will repair both of them, although repairing the engine is probably not needed. This is not good - this can screw your race, if you only want to fix some minor damage.

We need an own option to enable/disable engine repairs while on track. The OSD-menu provides us with "mechanial" and "aero" damage - this is NOT enough! One more option is definitely needed in order not to kill a race due to a minor suspension problem needing to be fixed while repairing the engine along with it takes FAR too much time though not needed.

Please implement it. PLEASE!

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. GabDeto

GabDeto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: V1.5.0.5
    Request Title: Favourite list of car / track
    Description:Please, add to "star button" in order to create a custom group of class of car / track in vehicle and circuit selection
    Benefits: Fun levels and User Experience increase

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. BighGreenHall

BighGreenHall New Member

Official 352 deg Thumbstick.jpg
    Code for 360 degree steering on left thumbstick.
    prevents max polarity shifts.
    use INV on calculator to find cos-¹(
    multiply if wrong paranthesis.

18. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

1)It would be nice if you could select the tyre and fuel consumption percentages when setting up a race not in the options

2) I use a numpad usb as a buttonbox but the game reads the 2 4 6 and 8 keys for camera movement even if in the options you bind them to something else, maybe it would be nice to be able to use them

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Hi! I didn't know where to put this, but, will there be any plans to include these beautiful trucks of Formula Truck Brasil?
    he9ka38lw9sgwgcc8.jpeg formula-truck-scania-111-scania-113-fuscao-na-curva.jpg formula-truck-2022-scania-111-e-mercedes-bicudo.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. AntoJSK

AntoJSK New Member

Recently got into the Rallycross tracks. Would it be possible to include the joker lap as part of the race config for all car classes and not just auto-enabled when using the rallycross rule preset?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1