Cmon guys

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Revhed, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Revhed

Revhed New Member

Gday guys, im not new to this sim or forum but i just wanna say. Whats up with all the old PC2 menu glitches still being present? same fonts? surely u guys at Reiza know about all the glitches better than anyone. so why arent they fixed? the big one that annoys me is why cant i view my tyre temps in pits and make adjustments? am i supposed to try and watch tyre temps via the telemetry screen while im driving and remember the numbers when i get to pits? cmon guys, fix this stuff ASAP! and please make it clear in the setup menu for things like weight distribution and brakes. which is front and rear? this is basic stuff u havent sorted out in 3 years? no excuse for this. i wasnt a fan at all of this sim and PC2 on a G29 but after the 1.5 update i noticed things were better, and after acquiring a DD wheel recently and trying AMS2 again it was a whole new ball game except for the same old niggles and glitches still being present.
    do us all a favour and fix it please!

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK, Why they don’t fix those things are for the same reason the V1.5 physics arrived now. They’re looking through the code to find the fix to those issues. A “simple” bug might be hard to fix in the ME due to it being very complicated combination of code. Demanding things without knowing anything about the ME shouldn’t be done. Make requests, not demands

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Revhed

Revhed New Member

well it seems to me that for some time this game was just PC2 with different content inserted. and the same content Reiza has put in their games since the Stock Car Extreme days. im really curious as to how much better the quality of the new DLC is now, but with the same old menu glitches still being present it doesnt make me confident or curious enough to spend more money. PC2 was a terrible tyre and driving model. AMS2 has made huge strides in improvement but to ignore basic settings that the user takes for granted in any other sim and are clearly present and available is just lazy or plain negligent. if i can see tyre temps while driving then theres no reason they cant be coded to be visible in pits. i couldnt find any threads raising these concerns so i guess somebody has to, or is everybody playing this game just arcade drivers that dont care about such things? are there any manuals or resources regarding optimum brake/tyre/engine temps etc per vehicle? the squeaky wheel gets the grease is the old saying so there is no harm at all in asking these questions.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
  4. Racinglegend1234

The answer probably isn’t that they don’t want to fix it, but that they don’t know how to fix it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Revhed

Revhed New Member

sad but true. i really used to like the pre Steam AMS1 with real feel when u could adjust the real feel settings. so much better than the Steam version where u are stuck with a pre applied real feel setup. anyway i still hope somebody that matters sees this thread and takes it upon themselves to fix some basics. Reiza have stated many times that "this is a long term project". so COME ON GUYS!

6. Revhed

Revhed New Member

in 5 mins of investigating the files in AC i can add setup parameters and change others as i wish so they appear correctly in the game. so why is is it supposedly so impossible for the devs to do it in this game? there is no excuse. change the txt files that govern these essential parameters and make us all happy! fix it guys!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Maybe because they’re different game engines

8. Revhed

Revhed New Member

hell make it open source so we can fix it! well not me cause im a dumbass, but theres a ton of talented guys out there that will fix this in a jiffy given the tools and opportunity! and Reiza can still sell their DLC that were out as soon as the flawed code went v1.0. maybe fix the base game before u start cashing on on DLC? business strategy 101.

9. Racinglegend1234

They maybe can’t make it open source due to the ME not being their engine

10. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah yes, this one guy who knows how easy it is to fix stuff within an engine. No contributions whatsoever and demands the devs to fix things asap. Truly the gem of a customer. :D Imagine: if it were that easy it probably would have been fixed long ago.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Revhed

Revhed New Member

i tossed up whether to buy the Indycar DLC for AMS2 or rFactor2. i went with rFactor2 cause i like to tweak setups and tyre temps/cambers etc especially on ovals. cant do this in AMS2.

12. Revhed

Revhed New Member

dude i bought AMS2 on day one! and ive been peeved from that day as to why it was just PC2 with the same Reiza tracks and cars and the same crappy liveries inserted from the last 2 Reiza games. cant make fan boys happy. i hope somebody @ Reiza sees this and has a real crack at fixing these issues cause all u clowns seem quite happy paying for the same flaws and glitches from a discontinued game. AMS2 could so easily be THE race sim, but as it is there are virtually no online players. stay in your niche and race yourself...

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  13. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's just the way you talk and come across that feels rude. We all want this sim to be as good as it can be but things take time. And probably some things aren't that high on Reizas list of priorities.

I'm no fanboy as I play or have played all the major sims. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Halleluyaaaa.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

Time to leave and not let him have his fun

16. Revhed

Revhed New Member

im not having fun. far from it. none of u can offer a legitimate reason why at least tyre temps in pits dont work other than Reiza are incompetent and only as good as the game engine they piggy back off. your reasoning, not mine. i at least give them credit for being capable of doing so, they just havent in 3 years which is most annoying. can Reiza just state/aplologise that they are incapable of making tyre temps appear in pits and we can all look elsewhere to get our fix tweaking setups? the numbers are there, just make them appear in the pits. doesnt seem a big deal to me?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. Racinglegend1234

Reason why we should avoid talking with you since you don’t understand, goodbye

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Revhed

Revhed New Member

seems its pretty easy to make DLC. its been 3 years...

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  19. Revhed

Revhed New Member

maybe cause youre an easily offended fanboy who cant offer any solution to a totally reasonable request?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  20. Revhed

Revhed New Member

i thought Reiza licensed the Madness Engine? but no it seems they licenced PC2 and all its flaws. such a shame.

• Dislike Dislike x 4