Will this work and bring the fun back in Multiplayer Sessions ?!?!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Mikk Schleifer, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi mates,

me and my guys at Join the FleischfresserFanboys AMS 2 Discord Server! lately really couldn't stand the behaviour of some drivers in online sessions and so I started looking for a quick solution until our Reiza guys could take care of the known bugs personally. I came across this old thread from Roberto Robson:
    Dedicated Server Admin Panel Customization and
    his great work at GitHub - betorobson/pc2-ams2-ds-betorobson: Project Cars 2 and Automobilista 2 dedicate server custom panel actions
    After some changes and many tests i am very pleased to try it out with you all Online
    Tonight on Monday 18.09.2023 German Time around 19:30
    Feel free to join and finally have some fun without the usual anger caused by stupids on track and our beloved Reiza bugs^^

This will be the server name and Hardcore! settings with Full Damage and Real Weather.
    ss115953_cr.png

Test will run as dedicated server on my main SimrigPC and if it works fine i will make an
    YT Tutorial on Mikks Garage https://www.youtube.com/@MikkSchleifer

Here are little snapshots of the commands i am able now to send immediately by phone browser:
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-18 at 11.19.15_cr.jpg

img_001_cr.png

The "Jump to the next session" commando works nicely, if it is race, it just will relaunch the race after first corner madness for example. Even helps a lot on Nords while ugly waiting on drivers not comin to box to proceed to race by one click.

So this thing maybe bring us back the fun in the Lobbys till Reiza fixing it in a much more professional way i guess^^

Thx for reading, cu on track, greetings from

Mikk

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Hummmm Box now or Kick......ok boxing now! :cool:

What would the "slow down waiting on others" one be used for?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mikk Schleifer

When grid has spreat too much, leaders waiting for other ones to have fun again instead of doin Time Trials in Multiplayer, we do this often cause we are old and just wanna have fun instead of having a test for the longest one again... Backmarkers are glad too btw.

All in all server worked nicely, commands did a great job, while some Marshalls in Discord even gave hints who was to kick immediately, races all went fine, some restarts when sync bug appeared by one click, loved it, more tomorrow, thx to all who took part:):D

• Like Like x 1
  4. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I joined your Discord channel yesterday 2x, after a few minutes I was out again, you can only get in with a recommendation?

5. Mikk Schleifer

Nö Noel, wir waren die ganze Zeit dort am schnaaken, strange, nochmal probieren:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mikk Schleifer

Nice and close action we had in yesterdays test races

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Mikk Schleifer

Live Admin on Air, feel free to join todays first race around 20:00 German time, instant Kicks for bad Pings, Ghosts and so on, incl. Restarts
    20230925190712_1_cr.jpg

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Mikk Schleifer keep in mind when forcing an advance from practice to qually, or from qually to race, people that aren't in their pitbox, might start to appear as floating/ballooning cars, which also results in them being invisible on track for those people, but they can still get hit by them.

9. Mikk Schleifer

Hi @Roy Niessink, thx for the hint, sadly to late, we found it out the hard way, BUT setting the Anti griefing collisions flag takes away this pita and even avoids other stupido actions easily by ghosting crashkids or spinning ones instantly, we loved it now, Restarts without a prob possible !!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  10. Roy Niessink

Ok, thats interesting, with the anti griefing collisions flag set, are you still able to hit each other or is everyone ghosted? I never used that before tbh

11. Mikk Schleifer

@Roy Niessink , it is the best thing i found out so far, still battles possible, it is only ghosting in extrem situations like spinning 360s, standing still on track after 7 seconds and directly when driving wrong direction on track.

12. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can I join for some races as a vegetarian? ^^ (I'm not)
    For those who don't speak German: 'Fleischfresser' means 'meat eaters' or 'carnivores'.
    I wanted to join the other day, but the server name said
    INSTANT KICKS!!!!!!!!
    so I just stayed away ^^

Maybe a more inviting and relaxed title would be better? :p Are rammers and trolls such a big issue? I'm racing MP only and I have to say it is quite rare. It happens from time to time but most of the time when something happens it's just people making silly mistakes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Roy Niessink

ok, yeah i dont think you experienced the same as we did then, as this is what i meant with flying/ballooning cars, the hitbox remains on track, so the driver can still be in a battle without the other person seeing him, and he can also take him out and not get damage themselves

this only happens when the server is forced to advance sessions, and drivers that are on track when it happens..

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Roy Niessink

We run an open lobby for our sunday f1 races, and JustRace provides a script to be able to kick people using a chat command, which is rather neat, but also has a "regulars" script, which you can set to what you want, for example we have it set to people needing to have been at least 2 times on our servers in the last 90 days, for at least 5 minutes a time, if not, then they will get autokicked when they join in the last 10 minutes of qually, to prevent any last minute joiners without doing any laps, another reason why JustRace is a great platform

15. ricxx

It is a neat feature for sure, but I'm not sure if it is such a big issue. I've made some super silly mistakes and in the replay it 100 % looks very suspicious sometimes, so people definitely can jump to wrong conclusions imo. Trolls and rammers that are just there to destroy other people's fun are super rare from my experience.

16. Mikk Schleifer

Ping around 300ms gets kick for sure, backwards drivers too, evrything else can happen, no prob. Instant Kicks means no waiting on never completed votes to kick some stupids, and believe it, they are still gettin more and more in the last penetration, blacklist growing too.
    Check out example from yesterday how good lobbys can work when they are clean:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. ricxx

Someone needs to create the famous 'Rexy' livery from AO Racing Team for the Fleischfresser community. ^^ rexy-porsche-gt3-rawr-1104454967.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2023-9-30_11-57-48.png

But in all seriousness, is there any glimpse of hope that Reiza is working on adding new MP features? If so, I missed it.

Nevertheless, that tool does seem useful, especially regarding race restart.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1