Track & vehicle class BY YEAR spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Roar McRipHelmet, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like historic racing, and it has bothered me that while AMS2 provides several filters in both the track selection and vehicle selection screens, we don't have any filter options BY YEAR that would allow us to race vehicles on period-correct tracks. So I checked the vehicle year info in Coanda's extended info spreadsheet and visited racingcircuits.info to get all track layout years… and made my own spreadsheet that allows us to see both!

Check it out: AMS2 track & vehicle class BY YEAR

The spreadsheet is public domain and anyone can edit, so if you want to improve the spreadsheet, please go ahead and do so!

I rated the accuracy from 0-2 so that people can use a macro to add some cell color if they want.
    This is the rating that I followed:
    • 0: This AMS2 track is fictional
    • 1: The real track has minor layout differences from the one in AMS2, e.g. a tweaked corner, but an example that would be too different is if a chicane is added or removed
    • 2: Accurate track layout, but details such as curbs, runoffs, and guardrails may differ

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Am I allowed to use this for the wiki?

3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it's public domain, you can do whatever you want with it :)

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Nice idea. Added a link to your spreadsheet under the Resources tab in The AMS2 Mod Registry.

• Like Like x 2