Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If your driving are better than your english then stop moaning in german in this english forum:rolleyes:
    And as example take the F-Reiza out on the Watkins Glenn.
    And show us if you are able to get under either Speedbumps or mine posted TT laptime s above.
    Thats much more creative than childish aggressive moaning :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

Just getting back from camping, will make some laps later on your challenge.
    When time trials start, we'll be ready.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mav MG

Mav MG Maverick Mediocre Gaming

Hope it's not to far away!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. BrunoB

Welcome back Speed ;)
    Looking forward to some more population in my rearmirror.:D

ByTheWay: Im a bit disappointed that nobody else than you are smart enough to sidestep the missing TT LB problem and at the same time get some new setups ready when the LBs return.
    Because eventhough the mandatory mantra will yell Remember to delete your setups - then experience does show that the fastest setups now will also be the fastest setup after the comming update. Hehe at most with some slight tweaks of the diff and/or brake balance :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

Maybe you should warm up the tires.
    19.987 Messed myself up with 3rd spring balance, could not make a good lap.
    I'm back.
    and agree this is good test time..
    question before reset how many records did you hold roughtly,
    20231012204156_1.jpg

6. BrunoB

Oh you evil man.:mad:
    You both set a fast laptime under 20.xxx AND does imply that if you hadnt messed the 3rd thing up THEN you could have gone (much ?) faster.
    Thats pretty naughty:D

But like my team boss learned me then dont play your best card out too early.:D
    So therefore I does only post this one: 1:19.660 :whistle:
    Take that my good man :p
    WG_119660.jpg

ByTheWay: Without bragging too much then before the 1.5 "update" I did hold most top LB TT formula positions on roughly 30% of AMS2s tracks (I drive only my favorites tracks).
    But admit that I hate the absolute oldest of the formula cars in AMS2 - and dont drive them too:eek:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  7. jre_f1

jre_f1 New Member

I'm having terrible trouble with this. No times I post get recorded on the database. I have an internet connection, I think its reasonably stable! Is it me?

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrunoB

No its not you.
    Why do you think we have to post our best TT laptimes here?
    Could it be because Reiza by some mistake have destroyed all TT LBs in the game long time before they have an update that (hopefully) will make the LBs functioning again?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Like the good old days, forum leaderboarding, nothing wrong with that, plus we get many Bruno wisdoms as a bonus too, everybody wins! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BrunoB

Please remember your medication :p

11. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I want to change my medication, I want whatever you take so I can believe in... things.

12. jre_f1

jre_f1 New Member

So I guess the problem is known about then.

Just seems like a crappy system. Why can't it save your lap times to your computer? I only want to put them up against a friend of mine even if it means I transpose them on messenger!!!

13. BrunoB

I understand what you mean.
    But if there is a reason behind this - beside Ian Bells often short circuited ideas - then it could be to upload the laptimes to make it harder to tamper with (cheat) with the laptimes :whistle:
    Eventhough if you check the filestructure then there IS actually saved some laptime "things" locally.

14. dst

dst Member

Does it take you 4 months to eat your lunch?

The time-trial thing has been handled, poorly. Initially when they just weren't reset/reinitiated (because of karts?) so you could analyse how slow the 1.5 update made your car vs TT ghosts for a couple months, and now, where they're just gone and that part of the game essentially doesn't exist.

Not sure what the resistance to resetting them with the updates is, since everyone knows their magic lap isn't going to be up there forever, but OK.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. dst

dst Member

Does it take you 4 months to eat your lunch?

The time-trial thing has been handled, poorly. Initially when they just weren't reset/reinitiated (because of karts?) so you could analyse how slow the 1.5 update made your car vs TT ghosts for a couple months, and now, where they're just gone and that part of the game essentially doesn't exist.

Not sure what the resistance to resetting them with the updates is, since everyone knows their magic lap isn't going to be up there forever, but OK.

16. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

Back again, blow a steering wheel after four years, just tuning the steering and the driver again.
    challenge still on, tough week.
    The reason I asked about the time trail records is, 2nd part.
    I was holding around 200 average. some tough some easy.
    My guess is we will do O.K. in the next round.

17. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

No it hasn't. There's no approach they could have done that wouldn't have had some butthurt set of people whining on the forum. It just happens you're one of them (for some unfathomable reason) with this particular approach.

You're like the guy who was whining about updates happening when his buddies are playing - you decide in your mind that what you want is the right thing. Go read his post, he's got astrological charts out and he's talking about time zones. Convincing himself that he's right.

But think about the other choices - don't update the game at all, don't delete the time trials, delete them a few months after the initial 1.5 - everyone of these would have people crying on the forum whether it was about no updates or letting them create times for months and then deleting them or the game being dead or whatever.

So they can't pick a choice that will make everyone happy. Not the least that it's clear there are a set of people who only do things that make them unhappy. Nevertheless they have to pick a choice all the same and they made the choice they did - and perhaps when they made that choice they expected less time to elapse before the next update. So be it. Cope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BrunoB

What what? 200.
    Thats much more than what I had in formula cars before the destroying of the TT LBs.
    The reason I hadnt recognised you is probably because you did drive tintops and I dont.;)
    The only ones I tried a bit was the old group C/GTP cars. Mostly because I did miss the old GTP mod (for NR2003). But Reizas version of this type of cars was not my cup of tea :rolleyes:
    But if you are ready to go on with some formula competition when/if the TT mode does return I guess I suddenly will get some hard competition.
    Hehe and I guess also that it sometimes will be me in your rear mirror :D

19. BrunoB

Yeah you are so right.
    A lot of posts ask Reiza to not update the game at all - and to not delete or reset any TT LB.
    Right?

ByTheWay: Are you sure its only the guy you are refering to who does try to convince himself he is right?

20. dst

dst Member

Lolz .....so the solution to not being able to make everyone happy is to take the one approach/es that guarantees no one is happy. If that was the desired outcome then, mission accomplished.

Unless resetting and restarting TT/LB's requires mountain moving I'm not aware of, again - everyone knows their magic laps will be deleted/made irrelevant with physics updates. The fact that deletions/updates occur and that there will be associated grousing is irrelevant, people bitch about any change.

What is relevant is having a fully functioning game as much as possible during your update period (especially if that becomes a 6 month proposition), you know ........ for the user base that paid for it.

This isn't a mod team giving it away after working on it weekends and after hours, it's a full-price sim and there's a point where asking/stating "WTF is going on, what you're doing kinda doesn't make sense, and when is this going to be settled?" is A-OK.