Limit the speed/throttle of the car

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by _Was, Oct 28, 2023.

1. _Was

_Was Member

The speed/throttle of the car can be limited to 90%? When I play with my friends, I'm faster than them in the game. Is it possible to limit the accelerator with an external program or in game settings?

2. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

You can try running lower fuel map which has the same effect.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

What a friend of mine did was limit pedal travel physically by pinching a tennis ball behind his throttle pedal, but that of course depends if this is possible with the setup you use.

• Creative Creative x 2
  4. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Or you could just chose a slower car. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess you can reduce the used movement of thr/br as much as you want by creating top/bottom deadzones to your like.
    Another way is to undercalibrate the movement so the length become compressed.
    Realising this by only press as example the throttle down 80% when the calib menu ask you to press 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  6. _Was

_Was Member

I try this didnt work , Thanks all for the answers!

7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

With this method you'll have 100% throttle at 80% pedal travel. Deadzones will also just compress the 100% to a smaller pedal range, but won't cap it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah and that is exactly the 2 methods I use to compress both wheel and thr/br movement on my fully handcontrolled ("disabled") wheel ;)
    But now I suddenly can see that the OP are saying "Im too fast for my friends - help me. What can I do?"
    I honestly didnt expect that anybody would open a thread for such a "question".:rolleyes:
    Because to such a pseudo question the best answer is the "chose a slower car" above.:D
    Hehe or maybe better change attitude and relax a bit instead of running in circles around your poor slower friends.

ByTheWay: I cant remember but isnt there a setting called "ballast" in this video game?