VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Funny enough I am subscribed to this guy channel

5hrs livestream though but fact he has the openxr toolkit overlay so it works indeed

need to figure out if the same applies to Q2

thanks lot for sharing

• Like Like x 1
  3. Majak

Majak New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, you can get OpenXR Toolkit working with AMS2 on Quest 3 in combo with VD if you use OpenComposite (I tried and it worked for me), though AMS2 itself is OpenVR, but I ended up sticking with vrperfkit (no need to exchange DLLs like in the OpenComposite case).

On my machine Quest 3 runs so much nicer than the Reverb G2. It looks better and @72 fps I can even play in rain now in contrast to the required 90 fps on G2, where a drop of only a few fps was very noticable, but on Q3 fps drops are much less annoying for me than on the G2.

Though keep in mind that with VD the video is streamed via Wifi, so you might have some hickups here if you don't have a good connection.

Moreover the video needs to be encoded and decoded (even if don't use VD, but link cable) and thus you might need to do trial & error to find good settings with respect to image quality and latency; for me with my AMD card HEVC 10 bit works best in VD in combo with a static bitrate.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

thanks for the detailed feedback

I have been using Opencomposite since Day1 I got my Q2 earlier this Year.

using the system wide path with AC, ACC, RF2 and Per Game with RRE. to a really successful result in terms of performances improvement.
    the features built in ODT and OTT doing the rest to help with picture clarity.

I had heard about vrperfkit but had never used it so far.

can you confirm you are using this method A wired way to deploy vrperkit on AMS2 for Steamvr

or guide me to a more robust tutorial for the QUEST headset?

thanks so much

5. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

answered my own question

went to the Github Release VR Performance Toolkit v0.3 · fholger/vrperfkit, took the 2 files from the zip, put them in AMS2 root folder and got a good 10% perf improvement out of the box!

after some 1.5hrs of tweaking of the FOV and upscaling options, I am so close to locked 90fps in the Rain or at night.

cant believe I haven't tried this before, was maybe too much focused on opencomposite due to the success in other Sims

anyway, highly recommend QUEST users to give it a try

6. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

G2 is now retired since getting the Quest 3.

Using the beta virtual desktop with openxr support wirelessly and I’m getting better visuals than I did on my G2.
    I’m running an i7 8700k with a 3090.
    VD streaming settings are ultra at 90fps with snapdragon upscaling off and aws is off.
    The desktop streamer is set to use vdxr for openxr and h264+ codec. This allows virtual desktop on the quest to stream at 267mbps
    In openxr toolkit im using CAS with sharpening at 40%. No foveated rendering.
    It looks awesome. Runs smooth and it’s a winner for me.

in game settings are environment and reflections high. Shadows medium. No enhanced mirror. Cars and track ultra.

7. EzCheez

EzCheez New Member

Please let us completely disable the Live Element Update. You can only move the live update elements ( the one that tells you that you changed brake bias / TC ect ) if you use minimal or full HUD. I'm in VR and I want NO HUD. but the problem is, YOU CANNOT MOVE OR REMOVE IT. So on cars like the formula ultimate, you can see the brake bias setting perfectly fine. I don't need another pop-up telling me I changed it. On top of that IT COVERS UP THE SCREEN. AND it meshes with the screen so much, that you CAN'T READ EITHER OF THEM.

8. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

I too tried this and was impressed. However, I wondered what the settings were that you spent time with, as it looks a foreign language to me.

Would you mind sharing please?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Good afternoon all,

finally moved house and have finally got rig set up

Looking for a bit advice here…….I have recently got a new gaming laptop i913950 Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 and have it working (old specs in signature below). I appreciate I only use an oculus rift s (until I can get something better) but was wondering if someone could recommend a good visual set up? I have adjusted the sharpening to 2.4 in the file.

What settings should I use in Nvidia control panel and what is best settings to use in oculus debug tool? Also Should I increase super sampling in game or leave at 1.0? Worth noting I use MSAA at high

I can fiddle around with in game settings in performance menu such as car detail, track detail etc so looking for advice on the couple of things above

Any advice is very much appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Baz

10. wickfut

wickfut Member

Any way to increase the remove close renderered object distance? I keep getting the drivers body suit collar poking through into my game unless I sit closer to the wheel, and then I can't see the mirrors.
    Or has anyone modded in a transparent player body?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
  11. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I will, for sure.

But I was moving my PC content to a SFF case yesterday, I expected it to be finicky and indeed it is so its not up and running yet because of some hardware interference (AIO in particular) so I will need another 24hrs to get it together and then share sorry

put in principle you need to play with ODT settings and the edit the vrperfkit file to your liking and hardware capabilities, its time consuming tweaking but not difficult

again I will share some pics later when I can

12. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Maybe his help:

Weaker GPU here. Maybe you can increase a lot of things. But I like to keep cars details and track details at low and medium: save FPS and don't loose much in VR visuals.

13. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I
    Interesting

will need to practice my Portuguese with your in Game settings

I am impressed if you can run at 120hz and top resolution with a 3060ti

are you using any help being vrperfkit or something?

looking at your ODT settings your FOV is super low so maybe it partially explains how smooth it runs

your OBT don’t show decoding bit rate
    You are on auto but using Link or air link?

sorry many questions but I am genuinely curious as we have the same headset

obrigado

14. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

No vrperfkit, OpenXR Toolkit, anything. Running link, 300 Mbps default (auto).

Really, it's all about lower FOV. For racing sims, is a must. I set horizontal 0.675 because I have zero loss in horizontal real FOV in Quest 2, and 0.275 is a little bit higher than a simulated real helmet FOV.

For me, it's a plus can race in 120FPS. I really love that I can have a lot of eye candy in rain/dust and with headlights on with 60FPS with ASW to 120Hz, it's much better than run at 90FPS and drops to 45fps with ASW.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

fair enough

thanks for the added info, i understand where you are coming from now

16. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

ok pc back on track so this is what I can share.

Generic in Game graphics. I found MSSA being the best for antialiasing and as AMS2 needs this badly, I set it to High, always in nay weather or day/night conditions
    upload_2023-11-5_10-59-25.png

now with vrperftoolkit, you need to edit this file and here are the settings I use.

I have an RTX3080 but found CAS being the best, not only in AMS2

In day and clear weather, I dont use any so its render 1

In Day or Rain,I use 0.9 as shown on the screenshot.

In Night and Rain,I decreased to 0.75

upload_2023-11-5_11-0-39.png

these are my ODT settings. Please note FOV values. upload_2023-11-5_11-4-45.png

for whatever reason, I can not apply this in AMS2 uisng ODT or editing the vrperftoolkit file.

I have to use OTT instead
    upload_2023-11-5_11-6-19.png

so with all that I can run 90fps locked in Day clear weather and night clear weather with no fps dips at all

of course in Night and Rain, when I apply the lower upscaling and FOV its not looking fantastic but for me good enough to have an enjoyable experience

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Okay, I haven't been here for a couple of months, so apologies if it's already been mentioned, but... The VR HUD editing has finally BEEN FIXED! :eek:
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  18. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

That is really helpful thank you. I will look at these next time I am on, looking forward to testing it out.

Many thanks for sharing!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Well that is good news as been driving me crazy. Must be a recent update as sure I attempted to adjust a few days ago.

Are you saying that you can edit in VR without obstruction and accessing every window?

20. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Yeah, every element is now selectable, where they weren’t before. Now it might be related to me increasing my rendering resolution, but it definitely seems a lot better.

There are still two vertical planes - in car HUD is close to you, and everything else is on the further out plane), but they now stay linked when you click and move them.