Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Mav MG

Mav MG Maverick Mediocre Gaming

So Oct is gone and still no Time Trial?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Just wait

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. hamtidamti007

hamtidamti007 New Member

;););):whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Almost there :whistle: This time i hopefully totally don't eat my words here

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A few moments later… Renato posts in beta forum: “Alright folks, we found this totally amazing thing and will revise all the revisions of the previously revised tires, there is no green list anymore :whistle:

Riots break out...

Btw, that was an attempt at a joke (need a disclaimer for everything these days) I'm at least 7.85% sure the leaderboards will be back before Christmas ;)

Would have made no sense to bring the leaderboards back in the interim anyway before the (ummm... slightly delayed) update is finished. Then we'd get: "Where did my timez go? Did u not wipe the leaderboards only a few months ago?!? OMG I set my bestest timez evar and now they are gone!"

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess its probably because Reiza dont have a clue of how to change the menu format of the LB display. That they havent done it allready.
    Because as a lot of people have argued then its just as "simple" as displaying the date of the laps on the LBs.
    Because then could people with just a bit knowledge of when a new update was launched check out which of the laptime positions was worth challenging.
    And then Reiza suddenly had a lot of time to decide if it was time to delete redundant laps on LBs.

ByTheWay: The sim most of the code in AMS2 is from, pCars2, had exactly this missing LB format.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Wu!

It would just make a mess of leaderboards if leaving old times in, it would confuse people if some cars become massively slower and they follow the ghost and can't keep up at all, with all sorts of conjecture then flying left and right on why that is (bribes, I'm telling you!)

While TT is not massively popular in AMS 2, on some combos like GT3 on the Nordschleife or something like it, if the cars got slower with a new update, you'd end up ranked 89 or whatever, while actually having set the fastest time for that new update, it would be pretty messy.

Pcars 2 never had the date either on the in-game leaderboards, it did have it on the wmd web leaderboards. I'm sure Reiza figured out how to use Steam leaderboards just fine, because they managed to not display the assists used, which Pcars actually did show in-game :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BrunoB

Read this my good man.:cool:
    Because we have a a company who obviously have massive problems to decide when or if LBs have to be deleted. With this extra date info in LBs this same company suddenly have lot of time.
    And if you read the quote 1 time more then its obvious that the intention is NOT that old laptimes should NEVER be deleted.
    OK?

ByTheWay: Racerooms TT LBs does function without the same mandatory mess up as here.
    And guess what? Thats exactly because the clever company Raceroom has from day one included this date info in the TT LB meny. But Im a bit disappointed that you obviously does believe that AMS2 users are not as clever as Raceroom users. To be able to read and understand this supplying info :whistle:

9. Wu!

They can’t do it because they can not figure out how to operate the leaderboards, I got this info from the resident leaderboard expert ;)

OK?

10. Wu!

When can they delete them? After obtaining permission from you, or when the stars align? This is all becoming very complicated.

Also, unless they changed it recently, Raceroom wipes leaderboards whenever physics of a particular class got updated, so it makes the date immaterial really as all times will have been set under the latest physics.

For Pcars 2 I actually had a script that would rank times per patch, but it worked by scraping the web leaderboards, not that SMS ever reset the leaderboards, but even if they had done so, the times would still be in my own database, you would have liked it :)

As TT times for AMS 2 are not accessible that way, unfortunately that’s not an option now.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  11. hamtidamti007

hamtidamti007 New Member

A little late, but...
    IMG_20231108_194917__01__01.jpg IMG_20231108_193850__01__01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wu!

• Like Like x 1
  13. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow! Great lap !

14. Wu!

Watch the difference be much bigger on the Suedschleife, it has many more corners, Hamti knows no mercy, haha.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. hamtidamti007

hamtidamti007 New Member

Thx mad maxx.
    Here we go...
    IMG_20231109_121351__01.jpg
    :whistle:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. BrunoB

Oh man I should never have started this manual TT competition.:mad:
    I can just hope it goes better when/if the official TT returns :D

LATER: OK at least I tried.:p
    Hehe so hard that the fu#"%¤ game disconnected me shortly after the finish line :rolleyes:
    Südschleife :1:50.903 UltiG2

Südschleife_150903_UltiG2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
  17. BrunoB

If anybody have the guts to show how fast they are on a more realistic setup - then I will setup a MP practice session at the displayed time.
    The lobby will be called BrunoB only Practice.
    Südschleife ofcourse and the session will be with damage, tire and fuel wear.
    And with F-Ultima2
    Show what you are able to on equal terms. :D
    And its TODAY

1.png

18. Wu!

That's 5 AM for me, I'm fading, being tired is actually worse than being mildly drunk -or not so mildly drunk- I have a wide operating range...

I would have liked to have been within 1 second of Hamti and failed, ended up with a 1:50.398, I can probably get it somewhere in the high 1:49 if I run enough laps, but not sure I want to do more backyard racing.

SS-150398.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. hamtidamti007

hamtidamti007 New Member

Maybe you have to reduce the aero Wu. Looks like you loose the time in the fast passages.

20. Wu!

I know… but then I become a giant lawn mower/hedge trimmer most of the time.

• Funny Funny x 3