Career mode

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by LukeMulcahy, Nov 19, 2023.

1. LukeMulcahy

LukeMulcahy New Member

Hey all, was just wondering if theres been any update on a built in career mode? I remember it being mentioned in an old dev blog but havent heard anything since

2. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

It will come, but more like an "end game feature".
    So don't expect it soon...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From the recent dev update - not really any new detail, but a reminder at least that it is the end goal:

"After this release we´ll certainly still have great many new things to achieve... plans are already in the works for 2024 and beyond for further substantial progress, including ... plenty more cool cars and tracks to fill up all the dots towards the endgame of an-encompassing career mode that ties the whole thing together, among other things that will certainly lead to AMS2 taking further leaps until its development finally wraps for good."

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

In regards to career mode, man, I hope they are thinking in these terms. Ted Meat really breaks it down.

tldr - for Sim racing titles, it is necessary to build a living-breathing world that exists outside the players actions. All of them fighting and trying to reach the same goal as the player, all of it a race to see who can get that seat, that one race, that one title. If not, then the game devolves into a list checking chore.

It is essentially what pCARS1 tried to do but didn't fully commit to the idea, then completely abandoned for pCARS2.

And well, if not for AMS2, then hopefully for the Straight4 next gen sim racing title, which Reiza is of course involved with as well.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I completely agree - I've posted Ted's video here somewhere before - it explains it very well :D

6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's been so long since I've played PC1, I remember the carrer calendar and interface was pretty cool, but can't remember much else. Has it aged well? I played PC2 a while ago, but between AMS2 just feeling so much better and it's carrer mode being so barebones and as you wrote a checklist chore, I didn't last long playing it.

But I do vaguely remember PC1 carrer mode being a little more engaging if you managed to get past the unholy abominations that the Karts were.

7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I decided to boot up PC1 and what the hell, the game actually simulates results from a bunch of different disciplines! Had been so long since I played the game I forgot about that. So now I think a lite version of what we are all looking for in a career mode is actually possible with the Madness Engine. Knowing Reiza I am sure they will deliver something good even if its not this evolving motorsport world.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1