1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza 17. What is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gdubmx, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Not fanboying here as I understand your frustration but the initial Reiza 17 crowdfunding details are quoted below. Where do you get "no-show two years later" when the project was supposed to begin development in "Q4 2016"? Obviously it is late due to AMS running long but we all know it is still going to happen. @Renato Simioni even eluded to it here in the July Development in the final paragraph.
    Automobilista - July 2017 Development Update

>>>>>>>>
    To ensure this is not a complete leap in the dark, below are some of the main points already established for our next project:

• PC Racing Simulator on Steam, to be developed, expanded & supported for years after initial release;
    • Integrates all our licenses & assets (present & future) into the same platform with free core updates + paid DLC packages;
    • Release price estimated at US$ 39,99 (base package, not including DLCs);
    • Initial release planned for Q4 2016;
    • Includes majority of the content base in current sims + expands substantially on official licensed content & international tracks;
    • DX12 graphics engine;
    • Extensive audio & physics developments;
    • Dynamic weather & track conditions.

Please understand however that at this time we do not plan to provide further in-depth details about this next project, nor make any precise estimation as to when more info will be available. If you do decide to invest on perks that include a copy for our next game, we urge you to do so only if you feel comfortable giving us that vote of confidence.

2. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hotlap Masochist

Very good point. Of course I read over all of this, but it was two years ago, and I have all the memory of a 1990's IBM. I should have read the IndieGoGo again before posting. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MysticReverie

MysticReverie Member AMS2 Club Member

Two things I'd like:

1. I hope the DX12 will support my SLI set up. If not, I'd be happy switching down to DX11 SLI if the game lets me ?

2. There is a lot of praise regarding Rfactor 2's tire physics. Would a similar tyre model likely be included in the new game, potentially adding to the already fantastic physics found in AMS?

3! AMS is such a great game, I enjoy it more than any other racing sim

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Re: tire model. Niels showed you don't need a super advanced tire model only 1 or 2 guys get right to have great tires. IMO ISI should have spent the work hours invested on the rF2 tire model somewhere else. I mean sure it's great and best tire model available but only like 10 people care about it, and 2 knows how it works lol the rest just want to drive and have a good feeling, this AMS offers.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marcos

Marcos Member

What do you say?

6. Will Mazeo

Something I'm curious and would like to know is why sims don't use Unreal Engine 3 instead of planning to use the 4, that engine is super light and still should offer everything a sim needs.

7. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

there are probably hundreds or reasons but looking better is enough

8. Will Mazeo

UE3 looks good too, just depends on who make it. Different of UE4 where all games look the same

9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Agree, so I am not the only one with the same feelings about UE4

10. FeltHat

lol, u can say that basically about any engine Will, Dave. Just read about all modern ue4 technologies, all the fancy stuff, licensing, supporting hardware and other software and simply stop wondering, ue3 is old and outdated(yes, can look good). Source can look good too but somehow almost no one uses it anymore :p

btw if u think that hellblade looks like abzu or fortnite then wow, im speechless

11. Will Mazeo

That's the key... less people using could result in better deals, very used engine with more knowledge available that would save time and money, more hardware friendly overall. If there is nothing missing for simracing in UE3 why not.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. FeltHat

Just from the other side, is it still possible to license ue3? It's no longer supported by epic, was just wondering if its possible, but checked fees too, ue4 is much, much cheaper :p VR technologies are also nice there

13. Will Mazeo

As I said was just a question as I'm curious, if you don't have a true answer pls....
    Question is not only about today or future, about past too.

14. FeltHat

true answer? you seek for something different that it being outdated, uglier, not supported and more expensive ue4 older borther?

15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Cryengine!!!
    PC did well...and after "will it run crysis?" the new nightmare for pc builders will be "will it run Automobilista?"
    lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

1. New indiegogo campaign to support development and get some licenses.
    2. Porsche cup car license, chevy corvette license same year as camaro, modern gt3/gtlm variations, mclaren license including mp4/4, m23 and mp4-26
    3. 67, 75, 88, 95, 2004, 2010 and modern versions of all ingame tracks that where in f1 calendar accordingly
    4. Ideally more bigname tracks even unlicensed like suzuka, especially ones that made history or where most of the years in f1 calendar and more generic carshape variations
    5. Supertruck dirt track, point to point rally stage(s) and group b car

17. FeltHat

just let them focus on "their" stuff, rly u want another title with gt3? how many we have already? 10? soon every title will have porsche, id love to see content i cant find anywhere else in reiza titles. I like the idea of rally but im not sure if they can back it up properly so its fully developed meaningful addition. I cannot wait for reiza18, mostly ams content on new engine in vr, i will let reiza surprise me with bonus content :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, it's only one gt3 car :D and since they work together with sandrox who also happens to work for urd, the c7 could be used as an excellent base for official content. Porsche is already in game

19. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE New Member

And just to reinforce Will's point, it's pertinent to not confuse advanced tyre model with accuracy. And by advanced I mean more complex and possibly more complicated, taking into consideration more variables. This, as you (and Niels) stated, does not mean better.

Additionally I would suggest that it is worse for community-built mods since the level of understanding required to create something relatively realistic becomes more difficult.

20. MysticReverie

MysticReverie Member AMS2 Club Member

Well.. if RF2 tyre model makes the game more accurate and sim like, I can see the argument for it being there!
    Don't get me wrong, I love driving AMS, but just saying.