Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Vogelaufmzaun

Vogelaufmzaun New Member

It really doesn't help that the leaderboards are offline. I got a bunch of friends to buy AMS2 and we are having weekly casual races on different combos. Personally, i would have put some times on various boards now and maybe asked them if they wanna do that too.
    Also helpful to see on a quick glance how balanced some classes are.

Regarding VR and DD, can't help you with the latter cause i only have a G29 and don't plan to change it. But if your PC is capable, VR can be nice. Maybe don't think of it as an investment for just one game, and try to use it in various applications (be it other sims or even completely different games).
    Also, if you want to dip your toes in, try to get a pico 4 or quest 2/3 on discount for a start, and then decide if that's good enough.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Regarding VR in Ams2, I can recommend you. One of the best VR simulations currently on the market. I know almost every simulation but for me Ams2 is the king in VR. A DD Base is an expensive investment in all simulations. This doesn't depend on a game. You can also have good feedback with a belt base. And if the settings are well coordinated it can even be better than with a DD that is set incorrectly. Ultimately it is your decision

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CMB75

CMB75 New Member

Thanks for nudging me into the right direction (speeding up my decision making process ). As I just recently assembled my first PC after almost 20 years it is VR capable. I'm going to start mid-tier (Fanatec 8NM + Quest 3)...

Sorry @all for slightly deviating from the main topic ...

• Like Like x 4
  4. slow tragoul

slow tragoul New Member

ah, thx I can be slow sometimes

5. mafredx

mafredx New Member

hi... I would like to know if any new anti-cheats have been implemented with last patch.
    . the new patch is incredible...great work... i just hope for a good anti-cheat this time , or all the serious and fair drivers will go to other simulators

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Honestly I doubt it.
    Before the TT LBs was taken down more drivers pointed out a certain driver topping the LBs on several tracks. And it was more or less obvious he was cheating.
    But he wasnt banned and I guess that is a sign Reiza had (and probably has) other priorities.

7. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

I agree, program seems more sable and acts to changes better.
    Your a good teacher, fun racing you.

8. herakles

herakles Member

Hello!

I can't set any hotlap at Hockenheimring 1977 with the McLaren MP4/4. What am I doing wrong here?

Greetings,
    Herakles

9. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

Hi:
    Went to Hockenheimring 1977 with the McLaren MP4/4.
    Did not like the class for that track, to much HP to weight.
    I did take the Reiza Formula and set a record 137'S and a much more fun ride.
    a lot to tune.
    Try it or another class.
    I don't mind the track and there's no one here right now, good practice.

10. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

Check out class we used at WWT Formula gen 1.
    I set a record to start with.at Hockenheimring 1977

11. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You’re not doing anything wrong, it seems the leaderboards for the long historic Hockenheims and the MP4/4 were not created, for whatever reason.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. BrunoB

Glad I didnt waste my time trying to turn the inside out of one of the formula cars on this looong track.
    And then realise that Reiza ups have forgotten to save any of our super laps on this LB.:rolleyes:

13. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

I'm pretty sure it says 'No records set' after selecting a car / track in time trial if there's a LB but no one has posted a time to it and 'Leaderboard not available for current car and track selection' if there's no leaderboard at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BrunoB

Yeah you are probably right.
    But if not its not exactly the end of the world.
    I mean as I understand it there are slightly larger problems in the world today.
    At least I think I have read it some where.:whistle:

15. Faures

Faures New Member

Hello fellow racing enthusiasts!

This weekend, I had the opportunity to do some laps on the Brazil circuit and noticed something that caught my attention. There seems to be a growing number of drivers who are not respecting the circuit limits, especially between turns 4 and 5, between 6 and 7, as well as at turn 13.

Circuit limits are in place to ensure fair competition and maintain a certain level of safety. However, it appears that some individuals are seeking to gain an advantage by deliberately going beyond the circuit limits to improve their lap times.

I think it's important for us, as a community of racing enthusiasts, to discuss this issue. It's frustrating to see competitors willfully breaking the rules, as it distorts the competition and diminishes the value of performances.

I suggest that we seriously consider requesting a review of the circuit limits, focusing on specific areas where infractions are most common. We should review the ghosts of some in order to validate or not validate this.

What do you think? Have you also noticed this issue on other circuits? Share your experiences and ideas on how we can collaborate to address this problem and improve the racing environment.

Let's stay passionate and committed to fair racing!
    Mikoul

16. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

The limits are whatever they are. There's not a lot we can do. Some seem strange, e.g someone pointed out the TT Silverstone national penalises for crossing the pit lane line in a way that it doesn't seem to in the single race mode. Maybe some should be stricter than they are.

Obviously if setting up the car in a particular way or driving a particular lap is faster then that's what you have to do - because someone will. Even if you think it's wrong. We can't abide by some unwritten or unenforced ruleset about where you think the track limit is or how you think the cars should behave.

If you want to do a slower lap on a different path or with a different set up feel free.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Faures

Faures New Member

We could simply apply the rule as in F1, if all four wheels are beyond the white line, then the lap is not counted.

18. BrunoB

A few updates back I can remember that the games punisment of limit infringement in the last corner of Canadian GP track was severedly sharpened.
    Hehe I welcomed it because before that I couldnt understand why all the topdrivers on the TT LB was not tenths faster than me but almost days :D
    The reason I didnt know this "mandatory" infringement before the sharpening discussion was because I never load others ghosts.:p
    But conserning your appeal to other drivers "gentlemanship" or etics then its just like RL competition that if the organizers dont give a damn about the rules then everybody use their personal interpretation of the rules to their own advantage.
    So if you find that a lot of drivers is allowed to not obey track limits then report it as a BUG.
    Because that is what it is.;)

19. mafredx

mafredx New Member

This rule has been rejected in real F1 and you want to implement it? in indycar there are no these TLs and they are perfectly fine. the reiza have put their TLs which in my opinion are perfect. If they put them stricter the strong drivers would fit in one lap, nothing would change.

take a look at the last indycar race in COTA , NO limits ....everywhere!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is not good for people with OCD, the whole track limit thing in F1 also was also mostly fueled by expert people on Twitter (sorry... X) , well social media in general, and they somehow attributed it towards their favorite driver being disadvantaged somehow, but most drivers were like: "Wtf is this ****? Stop it!"

Same principle as internet people being like: "Why did he not steer more?!? You always got to leave the space!" in their best Alonso voice (the infinite grip theory: steer and the car will do it) conveniently bypassing the laws of physics in certain cases, but I digress.

Unless it is some weird stuff, like being able to just cut the final chicane at Montreal to avoid the wall of champions, I do not see the issue. Wherever the track limits are, they are still the same for everyone and they are quite reasonable on most tracks in AMS 2.

Brasilia is actually interesting in fast open wheelers, since riding curbs... unless you mess with the ride height, it can actually spell disaster if you hit them wrong. If anything... it adds something instead of taking it away, plus they made these nice run-off areas looking like bus stops, it would be a shame not to use them ;) I go about as fast as a bus anyway, seems appropriate.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023