Tire Lockups and FFB

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by irishtim7, Dec 6, 2023.

1. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

Hi all,
    I just jumped on the AMS2 bandwagon yesterday. Hope there is still room. I'm mainly an iRacing/AC player but the new updates have piqued my curiosity. I've only lapped a couple of cars - SuperV8's and Group A DTM e30. It's different for sure, but I'm reserving judgment. As I'm dialing in my FFB settings and such, I'm just wondering if I should be feeling tire lockups under braking and even maybe some wheelslip in the FFB? Currently I'm not at all. I can hear the banshee screaming and see smoke, but I feel nothing in the wheel (that sound FX is pretty bad BTW. as is the sound FX of the splitter or body work bottoming out or hitting a curb but that's for another discussion). I've been running FX rather low at 10-15. Could it be buried in that or some other setting? I have a Simucube2 Sport. and running Default.

-Tim

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Feeling lockups is really down to the ffb-preset or custom-ffb profile being used. Some do give such feedback, others may not. If you try the Default+ ffb preset, you should get a little lockup feeling and definitely a good sense of front grip-loss. Use the FX slider to increase ffb detail and don't be bashful with the in-game Damping (50% rec. / zero in TD / Keep Direct-Input sliders at default - 100%).

Sounds are still very much WIP, I'm waiting on updates there for sure. ;)

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

For me I feel the wheel get light under lock ups, which is how it should be Imo, I don't want any judder or vibration, just a wheel that lightens up as grip goes away.
    Yep Reiza have much to do on the audio front but it is coming slowly.

4. irishtim7

irishtim7 New Member

Thanks for the replies. While I did manage to find somewhat of what I was looking for in the Default+ setting, It was still too faint for my liking and that setting introduced a lot of other stuff I was not very fond of. I was able to get what I was looking for out of my buttkicker with some custom effects. Feels pretty good to me. 2 days of fiddling with settings. I think I'm ready to start enjoying the sim.

• Like Like x 2