AMS2 - User Livery Overrides

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rob Thompson, Dec 31, 2020.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

There is a custom-AI set for Fabian's awesome skins available here.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As John already wrote: he has made an AI file with names and nationalities which you need so that my skins make sense somehow. I'm working to expand that file with custom AI attributes so that the better drivers (Jim Clark, Jochen Rindt etc) will be in the front rows.

• Like Like x 4
  3. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Am I missing something, or is it not currently possible to have a transparent visor on the '1991' helmet (i.e. the new-ish one now applied from F-Classic Gen2 to F-V12 iirc)?

The other templates allow a separate visor dds file, which you can adjust the alpha on. The new template includes the visor on the main template. The _dist.xml still mentions visor dds files, but I haven't got it to work (if it's possible).

Transparency is cool btw :cool::
    silva default.png Screenshot 2023-11-26 212906.png fittipaldi.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Petaca06

Petaca06 New Member

Hello everyone, is there a way to give real names to the AI in multiplayer mode? because they switch to the generic ones when I enter a session with a friend. thank you

5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep the helmets with transparent visor were better, The none-transparent visor ones don't have a detailed interior, so perhaps it is better they don't have transparent visors ,helas

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's a good point - I was not thinking about the interior modelling that the others had...

Maybe a v2 of this helmet might be considered at some point in the future to add interior and visor details (but without changing the exterior template again o_O) - or maybe this more basic approach is just a design decision that has been made and we'll have to live with it.

7. Chrisi74

Chrisi74 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Hitech 1992-93 WIP Last previous WIP-version release!
    Sauber by Humpty
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 20
    • Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  8. F_B

Hi there,
    I'll post my question here and in the custom AI thread because I think it fits somewhere in between.

I just updated my F-Junior skinpack (LINK) and included @john Ellis custom ai file.

Now when I enter a race two Jean-Pierre Beltoise appear on the grid although there are no double Beltoise in the file. I also asked John about it but he hasn't found an answer after checking. So this seems weird. Perhaps somebody has a solution or finds the error? @Rob Thompson ?

Find attached the custom ai file + formula_junior.xml

I appreciate any help. :)

Edit: I might mention that without a custom ai file there are no double Beltoise. However also no real names and the structure of the file seems correct.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have found exactly the same as you. Doesn't matter if you choose 19,18 or whatever cars, you still get 2 Jean-Pierre Beltoise entries. If you Select his car, he does not appear in the race at all, as should be expected. Very strange. Good luck finding an answer. Be sure to let us know if you solve it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. F_B

Thanks for helping, guys.
    It's really strange and I haven't found a solution yet.

11. Rober

Rober Member

Maybe remove the hyphen in <name>Jean-Pierre Beltoise</name>?
    <name>Jean Pierre Beltoise</name>

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. F_B

Another good hint, thank you. :) Will try that later!

13. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I know some will roll their eyes but I’m fairly new to PC , 2 years. I have been using CM and have been fine installing complete skin packs but my question is how do I mix in a couple of other skins ?
    so for example I download a GT4 skin pack and want to add say a different skin to the BMW gt4 how do I accomplish that.
    The more basic you can explain the better

14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You deactivate one and activate the other I would assume

15. F_B

I would assume that you have to copy the individual skin manually into the folder with the skinpack and then the xml file has to be adapted accordingly. In my opinion, this is not possible with the CM for AMS2. Please correct me if I am wrong.

16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Please, as often asked before, let us finally modify the windshields for certain formula cars, like the Lotus 98 T or the McLaren MP4-1C.
    There are some car classes where altering the windshields is possible, whilst in many others, it is not.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

As you are new to PC and this modding stuff, I would recommend to import the files without using the CM.
    1. Download the mod
    2. Unpack it
    3. Copy/paste the files manually to your game folders.

This needs a bit more time (but not really much), but this way, you learn the file structure of the game and to understand how this modding thing works in a certain title. You also see if a mod overwrites original files of the game and can make a backup before bringing in a modified one.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  18. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is caused by a bug that I have identified as a result of your post. It can happen when one of the user supplied livery names is the same as one of our original livery names.

It won't always happen because the order of the drivers and liveries internally has an impact too.

In this case it is specifically the "F-Junior #8" that is causing it but I note also that you have an "F-Junior #4" name which is also the same as one of ours and could become an issue in some circumstances.

There will be a fix for this issue included in a beta build this week and in the main release later in the month.

In the meantime you can resolve it in your livery overrides file by adjusting the names of those two liveries to include a postfix like the others have or by perhaps prefixing all of them with something other than F-Junior. In principal even just adding a trailing space on the name of those two would probably be enough and would not be noticeable in the game UI.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. F_B

Thanks for the quick help! :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

Is there file for F1 1992 and 1993 season with drivers performance ? Actually we have some skins for that seasons and drviers names but is so unimmersive fighting in 92 with Grouillard or Poele for 3 rd place while Senna is 10th etc

• Funny Funny x 1