Formula retro gen 3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Andre Vaillancourt, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Andre Vaillancourt

Andre Vaillancourt New Member

Hi.

Since the latest update, I really love this car especially the TAG Saudia. A tweaked the car the best as my knowledge, it's pretty fast but not enough at Monza 1991. AI are faster than me on the straight and I just don't know what to do. Do you have any idea ? Can you show me your setups on this track please.

At Montreal I'm pretty fast, I have the best lap. At Monza I can't reach better than the 15h position ! Terrible. Probably on any other fast tracks I wouldn't be able to do a good position. My car can reach 300 km/h but seems the AI are going faster.

André Vaillancourt

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Can you show your setup?

3. Andre Vaillancourt

Actually I can't, I'm not on my computer, but for sure I'll post pics.

4. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Half of those cars are turbos so they are pretty fast in Monza 1991. NA cars are generally slower than turbos on straights.

5. Andre Vaillancourt

The TAG Saudia is DFY, what that mean ? I was using Stefan Johansson's car before which is not DFY, maybe it's a turbo version ? I think there is three categories on this class.

6. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Generic turbo (V6), Brabham turbo (L4), Generic DFY (V8 NA) and McLaren DFY (V8 NA). Three different engines. Look stats of those cars in-game, there is horsepower and weight along other things. Are you using 1983 skinpack?

7. Andre Vaillancourt

Ok thanks.
    I just tried the Mc Laren. A bit faster but can't get better than the 14th position. Here my setups.

8. Racinglegend1234

Have you tried lower wings? Duct and radiator openings also produce drag

9. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The non turbos are at a huge disadvantage in qualifying against the turbos, the AI uses 90+ boost pressure during qualifying, you will not be able to keep up with them, even more so in power circuits like Monza.

In the race it will be a little more balanced, but they will still be much faster. That's basically how it unfolded in real life as well.

10. Andre Vaillancourt

I have to play with these parameters now to make it a bit faster. I'll play with the wings too.

11. Andre Vaillancourt

Thanks for the advise. I'll consider that.

12. Andre Vaillancourt

Ok guys.

Now I understand the point. I was only using the Stefan Johansson car with turbo but I didn't know the other types was no turbo. So when I swithed to the TAG Saudia with no turbo, I was much slower. I jumped back in the the Honda Stefan Johansson and man this car is fast. Really fast. Now I get the 7th place and my main problem are the chicanes. Try my setups and tell me which is your position.

13. Racinglegend1234

Maybe do it in TT so we can have representative conditions

14. Essemo

Essemo Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-Retro Gen 3 models the 1983 season, in which the turbo cars were dominant and won every race except for the three races held on the street circuits of Monaco, Long Beach and Detroit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andre Vaillancourt

Talking about TT, is there a way to turn OFF all car's damage like in Pcars 2 ? I tried the TT and got lot of car's problem only after the 2nd round so I abandonned very quickly.

16. Andre Vaillancourt

Thanks for the information. For sure they are quite fast.

17. Racinglegend1234

I think damage is always on for TT. It’s easier to replicate stuff in TT so I would do it there

18. Andre Vaillancourt

It's impossible to have the same setups in practice with no damage and in TT. In TT that will give lot of car damage even if you drive safetly. Just jump into the car, have a couple of rounds into practice mode and you will see which position you will get. You never do practice just for fun on a track ?

19. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

I think the problem with it is that it doesn't have ghosts or AI. Thus I prefer to use single race or time trial. Both have the benefit of some kind of objective or goal.

I imagine the reason damage is on in TT is because - similar to the fact that it'll often invalidate both the current and next laps if you go of the track in the last sector (even if you got no advantage from it) Someone may find exploits or ways of doing a quick lap by bouncing off of a wall or something and you probably catch most of these by just enabling damage for the mode.

20. Andre Vaillancourt

In TT with such extreme setups (practice mode) you get lot of car damages as oil pressure, overheating brakes, engine damage, etc even if you remain on the track lap after lap. As in practice mode there is no damage, you can do everything you want with the car to get better performance. Me I really like the practice sessions with AI as I can see if I'm fast enough compared to them. If I want to be alone on the track, I let the AI having a good gap between me and they don't disturb me.