The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Asturbo

Asturbo Member AMS2 Club Member

That feature already exist. In online is "DamageRandomFailures". You also have the flag of "PitStopErrors". I’m sure in offline exist too, probably in realism options, but I can’t remember where is in the UI.

Edit: Gameplay / Autenticity / Ramdom Failures.
    Mechanichal failures must be enabled too.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

wondering if anyone has had a random failure and if so what car and what failure ?

3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I had several failures. Blown engine. I mainly drive open wheelers.

4. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My personal crusade to add time trial boards to all track and car combos.
    Here is a small example of an RX car on a Kart track, feels like a rally super special stage. Absolutely crying out for a time trial leader board.

Any reason for this content segregation?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Is a blown engine random? I note you can blow the engine downshifting and over revving - in the same way you can damage the tyres by stomping on the brakes. But that doesn't seem random per se. I'd have expected random mechanical failures to be things that fail irrespective of the way the car is setup or driven - just potluck dice roll (stuff that real motorsport wouldn't have if they could avoid it - adding them to a game, imo, is like Carmack suggested adding lens flare and other flaws to digitally created pictures was - stuff that real cameras wouldn't have if they had a choice in the matter)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Faures

Faures New Member

This is exactly what I meant by random failures. Thanks

7. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

DRS State in UDP! (or in general, a full bringing up-to-date of the UDP output to the shared memory data for telemetry)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you leave out the Kart and Off-road/RX cars and tracks, there are 23700 track/car combinations, (which I like more)

9. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's some good maths, but not a good reason. This track had leader boards switched on before the reset, just wanting to know if it's an oversight, technical impossibility, creative direction or what. Hoping for the first option.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The old Nurburg GP layout with the fast chicane instead of the slow infield in sector 1 would be a nice addition.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I've had engines blow by closing the radiator ducts too much, but not by random things so far.

12. GregzVR

Yeah Nurburgring 2001 was mentioned when the modern track DLC was originally released(or I assumed it). I really don't like the current first sector.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Zsozsa

Zsozsa Member AMS2 Club Member

There could be a steering wheel visibility assignment option to the used display. I often switch between VR and monitor. In VR I have to see my virtual arms and the steering wheel but on monitor I don't need them. But of course, I always forget to set it accordingly in the options when I switch display... Just an idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Toni

Toni New Member

The Aida circuit would be good

I think it is a good circuit, and it would be nice to have it in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Unilif

Unilif New Member

Hey,

Some suggestions, which could increase the experience:

1. AI drives smartly in qualifying, as in staying off the racing line when they should, and not leaving the pit with no time left for a hot lap. (killed several hot laps attempts)

2. Being able to plan championships with online races. I would love to plan a tournament with my friends, but we would need a third-party program to track everything. It would be awesome to have everything native in the game.

3. A story mode, as in Project Cars 2 or similar, which simulates the start of carting and raising the championship ladder. (Most desired feature for me personally)

4. Be able to have a moderator or steward assigned in online races, to kick ppl, give penalties or trigger a safety car. Ideally with the possibility to rewatch an accident.

5. Seeing the car in the mirrors. It's easy to lose the perspective in the mirror. Having the car as a reverence would clearly help with that.

Would love to see some of the mentioned stuff in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Faures

Faures New Member

Here are a few examples from a very old game called "Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2".

- Cockpit display failure
    - Exhaust failure (Engine power loss)
    - Gearbox failure (one or more gears)
    - Electronic engine failure
    - Oil or water leak

And many more

• Like Like x 2
  17. GregzVR

I remember that game! It was interesting to see how other games stepped up to GP2, in the mid-late 1990s on the PC.

18. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Possibly already mentioned earlier but as a new AMS2 user I'm not going over 98 pages :D

* Overtake button for F1 cars
    * DRS in telemetry
    * Toggle steering wheel/hands & arms from a single button
    * Unpause button (unless I'm doing something wrong, the button can pauze the game but pushing it again doesn't resume)
    * unassigns button/keys
    * More LCD pages on F1 cars (eg tire information, etc, stuff that's now available in the HUD but not on the steering wheel screen)
    * readable/editable device & buttons assignment through a file (e.g. xml file)

19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

DRS is in telemetry
    Unassigning works with using backspace IIRC
    And I think some cars actually have multiple LCD pages

20. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I am using a T300RS GT and i can pause and unpase using the same button, to unassign keys i believe you have to bind the same one again ? Because i can definitely unbind keys too.