The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Hmm, must have misread telemetry then. Will look for DRS again.

Backspace isn't working on my end, that just cancels the popup saying I can press the desired new key/button I want to assign.
    Binding the same one again, you mean on another location? Because I want some keys to be not assigned to a function at all. Also, when assigned dPad buttons to another function, they don't get removed from the menu/ICMS assignments.

Yes, some cars have more LCD pages, I would like the same for the F1 ultimate gen2 cars :)

Strange, on the T150 and the TX when I assign the pauze function to a button, it will only allow pauze, not unpause

2. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

edit: disregard

3. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

It's in the shared memory but not in the UDP, which is much easier to access. Especially on linux, where you likely have to mess about with Proton.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Does proton or wine support that part of the windows api? It's calls like CreateFileMapping / OpenFileMapping / MapViewOfFile etc - you can see how the client side works on windows by looking at the AMS2_SharedMemoryExample in the game folder.

If it does support it you'd expect that wine or proton or whatever would be translating the windows api calls to the equiv linux mapped files api (which will be either mmap or shmget or something like that)

I think /proc/sysvipc/shm will (possibly) show the shared memory segment if AMS2 is creating it - if it does then you can use a linux program to access it and won't need to worry about proton at all.

5. Enthony

Enthony from Far East

Good morning, carmrades.

I have been a sim racer and a real Sunday racer for years.

The day before yesterday was a horizon-changing, as I re-discovered Automobilista 2 again, for the second time. And this time, it kept me bloody interested. I want to write some of my feelings about the sim and some things related to "features request".

To be honest, most of the time i spent in AC. But recently was quite bored of the mediocrity of even so-called high class modders them and mods, and was looking for a fresh breath of air. Through the week of testing other sims with their pros and cons, I finally came to AMS2, the last on the list, as i did not like it around 1.5 years ago. But what happened then....

After just 10 minutes of setting up the wheels and game settings, I felt like i was driving real decent sim, which overtakes other big SIM series names in important matters. So pros and cons of the AMS2.

• Amazing graphic. I can not normally race AC or even ACC after an amazing AMS2. (do not even talk about other dinosaurs)
    • Originally available cars - the closes sim availabale that offer the closest car pack that meets my tastes. (60s and 76 formula, gt1 of course, group c (being a great mod), go-cart and of corse V8 supercar experience. All the cars i feel exactly the same as they should be, except for one thing, i will write later
    • Track pack. Despite it mainly focus (i think) on Brasilian Tracks, i feel great to see Adelaide, Bathurst, Suzuka, Nordloop, and some British tracks. And how they made is just fantastic.
    • The rain simulation is in top fields. Rain spray is so natural and bringing you just real-life experience in combo with wet surface simulation. Aqua planning is amazing
    • How the car loses grip when you touch sand (it sucks you in), and touching the sand that makes you car slide. is so natural
    • Damaging model - is certainly the best among other sims. Oil heating, brake heat, tyre spot because of locking the tires, gentle suspension on some of the cars, and even body damage. 100 out of 100.

All the things mentioned above are giving the feeling of what a real sim should be. But there are also a few cons. Mainly one. But it bitter the taste.

(!) I would not say the AMS2 is too easy to drive. I think it is just great. As Kazunori Yamauchi once said - "Why racing sim should be difficult as hell?" But what i feel and it unsettles me and feelings from driving is.. when you push 100% of the throttle on the high angle of steering wheels, and the mid-low speed in the sharp corner. The rear end starts to slide. But seems like it's almost impossible to reach the no-return point of when the wheels are losing the grip. (it is about all the cars). I have tried all possible differential settings, but all mainly feel the same. The rear wheel beasts have massive understeer and just dont let you make crazy, flatting out of the corner and losing some rear grip. It is just unlimited grip.

Maybe i am doing anything wrong with car settings? All possible helpers are off, of course.

The Ai. It is good. But Ai in AMS2 feels unnatural in some point of racing. racing on 100%, formula fords are too weak. But some higher classes and just cyborgs in braking points.

Being very natural in side to side racing, AI is unhuman in braking. Also for some tracks, Ai goes 100% in some corners, and on others are becoming an amateur. (but will refer it to another related topic).

So, my request about AMS2.
    • To make Automobilista 2 really ideal, I would like to see car tyre grip/differential settings/ understeer fix.
    • Make Ai a bit more clever and human
    • Add Tsukuba track
    Add: and most important , add wtcc 07 or TCR with Lynk + Macau GP track and I would remove all other sims forever. Is it any plans adding Macau to Automobilista 2?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to see kinda race diary, where I can look at participated races with used carsand tracks, results and settings (ai, setups, wheather, daytime, date, ...)

7. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Hello there,
    For me , a "feature would be nice : more people into the pite lane. Like in the pitwall etc. For immersion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Is it possible to change pit crews for RedBull ones? The current ones are very slow, they look like Ferrari's

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dear @CrimsonEminence

I have been exceptionally well behaved this year. I have worked hard, been kind to others and taken extra good care of my dog. So, as the year draws to a close and Father Simioni loads up the Christmas RSR...is there any chance we could please please please have the option to globally disable AI headlights. Not even adjust the number of them displayed during a race, but merely grant us the ability to switch them all off would be a Christmas miracle...one the good people of sim land would speak about for years and years to come...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You would probably have to talk with the shaders person

11. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not that I think CE is the person to make the change, just that they are the best person to investigate on our behalf.

But yeah, they are dynamic lights, they clearly have a trigger in the engine, whether that's time of day, lumen, kelvin, whatever we just need the option to disable that value exposed in settings. Much the same way we can turn pit crew on and off.

Really though having this option opens up a huge number of scenarios, I find myself specifically driving cars that wouldn't necessarily be my first choice just because they don't have lights fitted. So 6am on a foggy and rainy morning in March at Brands with a full grid becomes an option in VR. The penalty of enabling headlights for me running at 90fps is around 40% it's the only area where performance takes a huge it and this seems like a very simple way to expand the usability of certain cars without having to spend 10 minutes lowering settings to account for rain.

I think this has been a top 3 feature I have wished for since way back in EA.

Annnnyway hopefully my letter will make its way up Santas exhaust and into the glove box of joy this year. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Exorbit

Exorbit New Member

I second Chonk on that one. It would be amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

This should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone, but the only thing I want for Christmas from Reiza is custom-AI files that work in multiplayer.

14. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Other nonsense that comes to mind, Oldtimer Race with these cars and other racing classics of the time, would also (I think) be nice to see in this game, it would be something unique.
    gp_mutschellen_2010_microcars_06.jpg 410856948_852257210235737_4752385552756390787_n.jpg

15. wickfut

wickfut Member

I play 100% VR so everything based on that.
    1. Remembering the wheel position in a 3D space. I align the virtual wheel to the exact location and distance which my real life wheel takes up. My real wheel doesn't ever change position. Please allow us to lock that exact wheel position to every single car and save it.

2. Phantom Bollards. Please remove them. Everyone, including the AI race line, just drives through them. No damage, no collision sound, nothing, pointless.

3. Headlights, 100% agree with above about the headlights. I can only play tracks between 9am and 4pm otherwise I run the risk of having my FPS dipping. They automatically come on and go off at certain times. Allow us control over those times.

4. Random Race. Click a button. It randomly chooses car and track and away you go.

5, Reverse tracks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

can we have the random livetrack preset?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

- When bringing new cars to the game, please take care about a default setup that makes sense, many of them are just a joke right now.
    -With certain updates, the balance of power of the cars within a certain class gets changed without proper information in a release file. When driving these cars after quite a while, player sees that AI in certain cars have absolutely no chance anymore and this tinkering with a Custom AI file starts once again. Would be nice to read such things in the notes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. USCTrojan4JC

USCTrojan4JC New Member

Please forgive me if any of these were mentioned before. I did search this thread for "mph" and "miles per hour".

For the Formula USA cars, I would like the dashboard information of all 3 historical gens (1995, 1998, 2000) to display miles per hour if that is the setting I have selected for the HUD.

Similarly, if imperial/standard units are being shown for speed, I would like to have the option for tire temps to be in degrees Fahrenheit in addition to tire pressures being in psi.

Wish list request: Add a 1995 Penske PC24 for Formula USA 1995 and a 1998 Penske PC27 for Formula USA 1998.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

One simple feature I'd like is the option to add tracks to a "favourites" list to make it easier to scroll through the track selection menu.

• Agree Agree x 10
  20. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Personally, I find the ICM to be complicated to manage pit stops while we are driving.
    Would it be possible to have another option to manage this more easily (choosing the quantity of fuel and tires when entering the stands under pit limiter for example)

• Agree Agree x 8