Automobilista 2 V1.4 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Domagoj Lovric, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Custom FFB

2. Skem88

Skem88 New Member

@Gabriel "Pai" Legnini
    Hey, I have a small mige and I'm new to AMS 2. In a post above you describe how you like your FFB and I agree with your preferences.

Can you share with me your in game, simucube and custom file?

Much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have a Simucube, just an older Ionicube with the MMoS firmware. Can still share what I have though!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wolfallein

wolfallein New Member

Just got the Logitech DD PRO. What are the settings you use now? Default+ or custom file?

Regarding TrueForce, I also have the g923 that supports TrueForce, and years ago, @Domagoj Lovric mentioned that AMS2 doesn't output audio to the wheel, which is probably still the case. TrueForce on the PRO is even more noticeable than in the g923, so I hope we get the audio to the wheel at some point. Maybe someone could say if TrueForce implementation is in the plans.

5. wickfut

wickfut Member

I think it already has Trueforce , it's tied to the FFB FX in the game. I set mine to 100% in game and Trueforce to maximum with auto filter.

6. wolfallein

wolfallein New Member

@wickfut I agree that it seems something is implemented, and when I change audio effects on G hub from 0 to 100, the wheel has some response.
    But there is very different to what I can feel on ACC or Dirt 2.0. For instance, if I adjust the audio settings in the game to maximum, the wheel is almost a bass speaker, and it is possible to hear and feel the vibration from the engine clearly...

7. wickfut

wickfut Member

did you try the low force boost? That's tied to engine noise/vibrations

8. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Respectfully, I disagree. Low Force Boost is arguably little more than a filter that reshapes the FFB output with the aim of helping some lower powered wheels “stay in the zone” of functional, useful FFB forces. Yes, lower amplitude forces like engine noises and vibrations may be affected by different LFB settings, but FX is the setting that more directly ties to the additional vibrational forces included in the Default and Default+ FFB profiles. I suggest determining the appropriate LFB value based on whatever wheel is being used … some need it, some don’t, but how much LFB a wheel needs doesn’t really change thereafter. FX can be dialed in afterwards to taste.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. wickfut

wickfut Member

Yes. But like I said previously this is to trigger Trueforce on Logitech DD G Pro wheels and not regular FFB. Wolfallein stated he didn't feel Trueforce working while I can feel it. I'm just giving him suggestions as Low Force Boost creates engine rumbles which I can feel in my feet from Trueforce.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  10. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

As John said, your base shouldn't need an LFB. If at all, this should only be used for weak bases.
    But there is something special about your base. Trueforce, Fullforce and other base manufacturers will follow, can completely change the FFB, it can get better but it can also get worse. It provides directly rendered kinesthetic and tactile force feedback. As far as I know, Ams2 doesn't support it or only supports it to a limited extent. Personally, I don't see any advantages in this technology in real simulations such as (Ams2, Ams1, RF2, BeamNg, Richard Burns Rally...). A simulation that invests months and years of work in the physics and the tire model will not need to rely on this gimmick from the base manufacturers. However, it can definitely make sense for arcade games or poorly implemented physics and FFB simulations. As I said, this is my opinion on it and I know that there are other opinions on it and I respect it. I don't want to offend anyone or advise against buying, it's all just my personal opinion;)

11. wolfallein

wolfallein New Member

I got info that AMS2 still does not send audio to the wheelbase, so TrueForce is not fully implemented yet.

12. wickfut

wickfut Member

Logitech seems to think it is on their website.
    I've also just tested it to make sure:
    Car stopped, loud engine vibrations from the wheel with it on 100. No engine vibrations with it on 0.
    Car on grass, loud harmonics as it tries to simulate off road rumble with it on 100. No loud harmonics and silence with it on 0.

Looks like it's working fine on mine.

13. wolfallein

wolfallein New Member

I think that, as @Danielkart said, AMS2 implements FFB very well so that all these vibrations are sent to the wheel, and I believe (since I cannot test with another DD) all DD bases would have these vibrations you are mentioning.

When I try TrueForce in another supported sim, for instance, DiRT Rally 2.0, ACC, or F1 23, if I set the TrueForce audio level to 100% I can hear even higher frequency tones (not only tactile vibrations). Do you have any of those titles to try it out?

14. Danielkart

LFB amplifies light forces. Of course, you'll get 100% LFB vibrations, but that has nothing to do with your Trueforce. That's what every other base will get with 100% LFB. It will also cause you an uncomfortable commute

15. wickfut

wickfut Member

I'm talking about Trueforce not LFB. Do you have a G Pro wheel to test it yourself?

Like I said , I ran it with it on and then off and the difference is that you hear engine harmonics with it on and you don't with it off.
    Yeah GT7 does that, you hear the engine RPMs jump though different quantized frequencies of harmonics as the revs get higher.

16. Danielkart

I'm just giving him suggestions as Low Force Boost produces engine noise which I can feel in my feet through Trueforce.

This text of yours says something different, you are talking about both. I can only repeat myself, increasing LFB will give you vibrations on any basis, whether with Trueforce or without Trueforce

17. wickfut

wickfut Member

OK wonderful, good for you!
    My post was a reply to the post directly above it about Trueforce not being implemented.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Bless your heart, if Daniel wasn’t entirely clear about the meaning and intention of your earlier post, I’m not convinced the error is entirely his….

19. Palerider

Palerider New Member

Just wanted to share my settings on a Thrustmaster T300 RS cause right now AMS2 is feeling fantastic.

In TM profile:
    [​IMG]

In game:
    Gain: 55
    LFB: 0
    FX: 10-20
    Damper: 0

Mostly using Default+ and feels great with most cars, for open wheelers it feels way to twitchy and I switch to the following custom ffb: Manolo & Stakanov 05 ATMOS - MOD V1.4 FIX.

This custom ffb also feels great with a lot of cars, best I've tried without any tweaking and using the same settings as the Default+.

Let me know your thoughts if you are on same wheel :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

Excluding the original Karsten and Nuscorpi files, Stakanov's MOD files (the latest but also the previous versions) are the only ones that bring something new to the code compared to the originals, There are many false myths in the other forum and many of the files (passed off as better) are characterized by many formal errors but since they feel good in the output no one notices the problems due to ignorance of how the LISP code works ... and people share and cheer blindly.
    The custom forum lacks technical moderation from Reiza and the original compilers of files who leave their files to the non-competent public... those few competent ones have all run away a long time ago.
    However I agree with the impression you have, the good alternative is Stakanov's files or the original custom files of Nuscorpi or Karsten at most retuned in some voices, it is not difficult to do as many claim and not surprisingly.

• Winner Winner x 3