Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

How? If someone goes over the line because they overcook a corner and the game doesn't penalise and their time is faster then it would register as a faster lap wouldn't it?

Best you can hope is the most egregious examples are fixed eventually - although that still leaves the problem of existing lap times. Do you keep wiping the boards? Have someone policing every leaderboard and deleting individual laps?

You can say "Reiza, here's an example of a leaderboard entry which I think should have been disqualified for track limits" but you can't expect everyone to abide by some unenforced limit because if we go over the limit deliberately or accidentally and the lap is faster then the game uploads that as our lap doesn't it?

Others have suggested that it's possible to upload times without setups and ghosts. Which if the game permits then you won't be able to tell if these laps stuck to the track limits or not. Again, you can ask Reiza to simply delete all these times (and it's surprising they don't TBH) but there's nothing we can do about it by discussing it or coming up with our own set of ideals. We're all racing under the same conditions (putting aside the potential that people can cheat by changing the game or other nefarious things)

It's like the other day on a social media site someone said they'd sooner come second than use a setup that wasn't realistic in a thread where they were asking about how to do setups for TT. Which makes no sense firstly because you won't be second because everyone will use the setup when they discover it and secondly because we have the physics that's in the game not real world physics. If they differ in a way that makes something faster than we expect then it's still faster.

At best you can, while the game is being regularly updated, ask them to update, but my guess is you stymied the desire for a developer to mess with TT because so many were unpleasant and impatient when they wiped the boards for physics changes. Why would they want to go through that again to deal with track limits or anything else? And it's not like they've a shortage of things to work on.

2. Faures

Faures New Member

However, this rule is applied in F1! Look at the case of this year's 2023 Austrian Grand Prix. Many drivers were penalized on Sunday. I don't remember which Grand Prix it was, but CHECO had his time removed in qualifying, and so on.
    My goal is not to penalize one person or another because I don't have a sufficient level to reach the first place. But I strive to respect the track limits as best as I can. However, seeing where some drivers allow themselves to play with the limits, well, who wouldn't do the same to save time?

3. mafredx

mafredx New Member

for u this is a good thig?

4. mafredx

mafredx New Member

Good morning guys, unfortunately I have yet to report a cheater, again I am 100% sure. His name in game is Rizky bajia. Please delete these subjects forever because they ruin everything and ams2 is bound to lose many users if you do nothing. Why do you want to kill AMS2??? why???
    his name on steam is: bender37230

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Do you have conclusive evidence?

6. mafredx

mafredx New Member

yes

7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to see the evidence?

8. mafredx

mafredx New Member

With the Ghost it's very easy to see it. But you have to do it yourself and you have to be very fast on the track to understand that. I have a lot of world records and I can do it easily. I noticed his cheat at Road America, track where I have the record with all the cars I use, same set-up without even a change, even after several laps since on the first lap the engine car goes slightly slower, I enter stronger in all the corners, I come out stronger and in the middle of the straight it passes me as if I were stationary (I repeat the same set-up). I am very experienced and can guarantee you that this user uses a (light) cheat on the engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mafredx

mafredx New Member

I also add that if you look at the split times you see it immediately, the first sector is made up of a single cure and 2 long straights and there, only there it is much faster, but that one corner I do it stronger and by a lot, I come out stronger, I move away, but then as if by magic it passes me and goes away, WITH THE SAME SET-UP

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I agree fully with your suspicion here.
    But Im "a bit" :whistle: more sceptical that any action from Reiza will be initiated.
    Because beside the basic track limit infringement watchdog I dont think there is any anti-cheating integrated in the game.

11. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@mafredx It would be helpful if you could give a route combo where you can see it. So specify route and car.

12. mafredx

mafredx New Member

road america , formula hi-tech gen 2

13. mafredx

mafredx New Member

u know that im trying to fight this **** .... i hope someone give to us a real anti cheat

• Like Like x 1
  14. Uani

Uani Member AMS2 Club Member

"anti-cheat" on the sending side of an asynchronous software is not possible.
    asynchronous = server-client / network
    many try, all have failed afaik.
    all while compromising innocent users systems by ac measures.
    The reason it is not possible is proxy server.
    Any data sent can be intercepted, modified, replaced or created in the first place by a proxy server.
    Proxy server need not be hardware. Software proxy server exist. Charles Web Debugging Proxy • HTTP Monitor / HTTP Proxy / HTTPS & SSL Proxy / Reverse Proxy Named "web developing proxy" but any data source is proxyable, from data from apps on smartphones routed through the PC to any, even secure, transport channel communication as cleartext by Charles installable certificate. And when the data itself is encrypted using a PKI real hacking can begin by modiyifing the sending exe to encrypt injected data before sending.
    The only way, and a 100 % safe way to prevent cheating, is like any asynchronous software: to validate received data, on a racing game to receive control input data and the car setup, validate each value is within spatial and temporal range and then put this data through the engine: when the time resulting is the same as also received, the time is valid.
    The "game industry" being almost 40 years old now i wonder why this basic > 40 years old computer science 101 principle is not applied anywhere i know at all.

15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Nobody except you are talking about 100 % safety.
    If we take iRacing as an example of a company who does know how urgent it is to adress this issue then they have had anticheating software installed as a mandatory part of their sim from day one.
    And they are constantly updating this (3rd party) proggy on a monthly basis.
    And this mandatory monthly updates does both tell that they consider this issue extremely urgent and also that just like a normal software firewall it has to be updated frequently to catch new cheater sterategies.
    So much for this "its not possible".:cool:

16. Uani

?

it is "not possible" (100 %) (on client side).

17. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

However, Reiza could at least check reported accounts and delete them if necessary; it's not as if there are very many of them. Reiza's reputation would be enormously enhanced by this approach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Uani

i like to elaborate on "not possible" on client side:

perhaps it is after all:

when encrypting the data to be transmitted itself, the encryption key and algorithm can be obtained by disassembling i thought enabling hacker to fake data. but with TPM or other OS / hardware secure storage and / or secure en- or decryption keys, the enycryption key might not be obtainable at all or itself be enycrypted and the decrypted encryption key might never be obtainable by other software from RAM. a decrypted encryption key might only be obtainable by "wire tapping" the hardware which might be very unfeasable. I have no knowledge regarding TPM and that.

(edit: with PKI the encryption key is public which would allow "hacker" to generate fake data thus the cypher used here would need to be symmetric is the technical term i think and its key be secret (thus the need for it to be encrypted itself or taken from something like TPM (if this is possible, again: i know almost nothing about TPM)))

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  19. mafredx

mafredx New Member

Totaly agree

20. Uani

while i agree Reiza could curate the leaderboards the particular case creating this conversation is not conclusive. It looks like a DRS effect. This might be a bug in AMS2.