Camera in cockpit shaking during pitstops

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Fineraft, Dec 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Fineraft

Fineraft Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So, I've had this issue for a while now and I don't know what to do. I never had this issue with pCars2 so that's why it's so weird to me. Anyways, a little explanation.

The shaking only occurs during a pitstop. When doing this, while the pitstop is being carried out, it looks like as if the car is glitching. It's weird. I don't know what causes this. Maybe someone has found a solution for this issue :)

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I got this today too, but also several times in the past on previous versions. I may have noted it somewhere whenever I first noticed it. It looks like the car is on a rumble plate shaking up and down quickly. It usually starts a few seconds into the pitstop while refuelling (for me), maybe it has to do with the increasing car weight?

3. Fineraft

So at least I'm not the only one having this issue:whistle:

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to add that it is not specific to any car or track or game mode.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey guys I know it sounds goofy.
    But try as a test to create a very soft setup with low values in the dampers and high ride height.
    Just to check out.

6. Trip Pulgee

Trip Pulgee New Member

Definitely not just you. I've been noticing this for a week or so now, but never really gave it much thought until now. I don't remember ever seeing it before, so definitely seems like something that popped up within the last couple of updates or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If it is what I think it is it has been in the game since the beginning, not sure if Reiza knows what the issue is otherwise I would expect it would have been fixed by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

I had it yesterday as well, but not every pit stop.
    When I don't ask for a pit stop and go in, no crew is standing by and I got the shaking. Next time I asked for a pit stop, when coming in, the crew was ready and no shaking.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Fineraft

I've had this from the beginning so I suspect the same. It is weird however that I never encountered this in Project Cars 2, which runs on exactly the same engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MaCross

MaCross Retro Racer

Yes, it's been there from the start, no matter which car or track I tried. Hope a fix for this "rodeo" will be found in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fineraft

Let's hope so. I don't know if the devs at Reiza know of this, and I couldn't find a thread of this issue, so I am glad I brought this issue up. For now I let them take their rest.;) They've worked hard the past few weeks. :hurrayreiza: