question about endurance classes GT3 Gen2 / GTE

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by twistking, Dec 31, 2023.

1. twistking

twistking Member

Hello,
    the new endurance cars and Le Mans track are very nice and i'll probably buy them on release. Good work, Reiza!
    I'm a bit confused though, maybe someone can clarify some things for me:

What actually is GT3 Gen2? I would have guessed that it's just newer generation of GT3 spec cars, however the way that REIZA markets them as "endurance" and not simply "GT" and the release together with Le Mans makes me think, that they are "supposed" to run the 24h of Le Mans and similar.
    Official LEMans24 info only mention GTE AM for GT, and these cars seem to resemble what we have as GTE in Automobilista 2.
    I'm not that interested in motorsport outside of sim racing, so i'm probably just missing something very obvious...

What is the difference between low and high downforce versions of the GT3 and GTE cars? Is it just a different default tuning setup, or do the cars have actually different aero? Do they look differently ingame?
    What is the logic behind which version is selected in Automobilista? Currently you just select the base model and end up with the particular variant dependant on - i assume - track selection. Wouldn't it be more interesting if the player could select which version to run? What's the reason for the automatic selection?

Thanks!

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

GT3 G2 are modern versions of the cars in the game and some of them will race at the 24 Hours of Le Mans under the GT3LM series. The low and high DF versions depend on the track and are setup based on the cars mentioned. For example, Monaco would be high DF and Le Mans low DF due to the nature of the track

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wothan

Wothan New Member

I´m not really sure, but I think that the GTE class will be replaced by GT3 cars for the 20224 LM.
    Actually only the LMDh Hyper cars and the LMGT3 class will participate. LMP2 class will not be present.

There will be no GTE AM and PRO class.
    The LM GT3 class will be much like the AM class - focused on "Gentleman" drivers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In 2024 we will have lmp2 at lemans only, but not in regular season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. twistking

twistking Member

Ok. that's what i assumed. I just wonder, why Reiza did make seperate "cars" for high/low downforce. Why could they not just provide 2 different standard tuning setups: One for high and one for low downforce? With the two versions so seperated it makes it more difficult to manage custom setups. Also on some tracks it is not really clear cut, if high or low downforce would be better.

Yes, i googled it just now and this seems to be correct. To come back to my original question: There is nothing inherently "endurance" about "Gen2" compared to "Gen1" other than the fact that specifically these "Gen2" cars will race in LeMans in 2024, correct?
    Sooo... it would be reasonable to expect the "Gen1" cars also getting the new luminescent number panels, right? As those older GT3 also took part in endurance racing - only that those races were not in Le Mans...

Bonus question: After a few races, it seems to me that Gen2 are significantly quicker than Gen1. Did you experience the same? If they were closer, one could race them together to just get a more varied GT3 field, but it seems that their performance does set them apart.