Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. HarleyDavidsonfx

HarleyDavidsonfx New Member

2. HarleyDavidsonfx

Hello,
    I am new to the Reisa Studios forum. I am giving you some data. I have noticed with my 10850k and 6900xt the new Lemans Big track was unstable and crashed. Resizable bar on/ game crashes. Resizable bar off /no game crashes. 23 gt3 gen 2 cars lemans good weather.
    32g ram Windows 10 pro.

I used another PC with a 5700x and a 6800xt . SAM was on and no game crashes.
    48g ram Windows 10 pro.

Thought someone should know as disabling Resizable Bar may help game stability for some users.(INTEL CPU/AMD GPU)

Since it is so easy if you are having frame stuttering it may be worth it to try disabling SAM.
    Just enable it after you are done if it helps your gameplay to disable it.(AMD CPU/GPU)

I wish I had more data with resizable bar off and on using Intel Cpu/Nvidia Gpu combinations.

AMS2 is great. Hope this is helpfull.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  3. Samanar

Samanar New Member

Hello,

After latest update game suffers from serious FPS/performance issues with multiple cars on track. Some background - performance wise it used to always work like a dream for me prior to patch, I could race with 30 opponents and have ~100 FPS on everything maxed out ULTRA settings. Now, with AI drivers added it immediately dips to 20-30 FPS which is unplayable. When I race alone instead (time attack) I still get the usual 80-100 FPS like before the patch. Seems like other cars started to drain more GPU power suddenly.

Haven't checked all tracks but noticed the same on Hockenheim and Brand's Hatch with GTE and GT3 series.

CPU: 5800x
    GPU: Ryzen 7900XT
    RAM: 48GB

EDIT: I dig a bit into the patch notes and noticed changes to GTE and GT3 models (pasted below). Can these cockpit displays decrease the performance so drastically? Might be the case since I've tested couple different classes today and GTE and GT3 were the biggest offenders, almost unplayable now (~20 FPS), while other classes like F USA seems to run fine (full race with 20+ AI and getting over 90 FPS without issues).

• Updated cockpit display for GTE, GT3 Gen1, GT4 (all models) to suit shader developments
    • Fixed Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 windscreen HUD being too dark at night
    • GTE: added leader lights on the Porsche 991 RSR and Corvette C8.R

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Enthony

Enthony from Far East

McLaren F1 GT1
    Noticed on ai cars at leman.
    Wheel go through arch
    ss163049.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Guillermo D. Luque

Guillermo D. Luque New Member

I think I found a BIG bug after the early patch of today...

Multiclass it's not working well with the brand new LMDh cars. I test it at least on Le Mans track.
    Looks like if you select, for example, 2 classes including LMDh (selecting any car of this cat.) once on the track AMS2 activate ALL the cars of the OTHER class and the only one car of your class it's you. lol

I tested muticlass with other classes and found no problems.

BTW... Have a good year!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Track & Layout Used: Le Mans (24hr)
    Car Used: See screenshot
    Applicable Settings: Multi-class official session (practice/race)
    Report: In settings there should be four classes selected, but when the session loads, there are only two - my class (Vintage Gen1) and the Stock Car class (which was lowest on the list on the four). Split 15+me, 16.

Loaded into session twice, happened both times. No other unusual settings I can see.

20240101193515_1.jpg 20240101193541_1.jpg

(with build 2490 patch)

7. Rölz

Rölz New Member

Version: 1.5.5.0
    Track & Layout Used: Le Mans Bugatti Circuit
    Report: Spectators hovering in the air at the Garage Vert Corner ss235307.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. SimRacer252

SimRacer252 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona Road Course
    Car Used: LMDh and GT3 Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: Single player AI race and tried multiple difficult settings between 110-120 as well as aggression between medium and max. All been tested on dry weather.
    Report: AI seem to take the bus stop chicane on the back stretch too fast and slide off on a fairly consistent basis - lots of smoke. Seems they take too much entry speed and is very prevalent when they have other AI cars around them.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the LMDh or GT3 Gen 2 in multi class dry race session, and pay attention to how the AI drive through the bus stop chicane.

9. thun0r

thun0r New Member

Track & Layout Used: All (at least a lot I have tried)
    Car Used: All, full grid or solo also.
    Applicable Settings: VR
    Report: Stuttering/ frame drops 5-7 times per lap since new update.
    Using SteamVR I usual sit at around 5.0ms to 5.6ms latency, starting getting micro stutters from 1.5 update but now worse since Dec31st update. Will get a purple spike (dropped frame) or latency will jump to 10.0ms to 12.0.ms, very noticeable, causing a little nausea.
    Specs: 3080 FTW3, 10900k @5.1GHz, 64GB RAM (XMP on) and on a decent SSD - Headset is a Vive Pro with modded pancake lenses and custom firmware (wired not wireless).
    Additional info: Zero issues before the 1.5 update and since then each update it has gotten worse with most recent causing more frame latency spikes. Have tried installing new NVIDIA driver and deleted NVIDIA shaders cache but didn't help. No other settings changed in game or NVIDIA control panel. No other programs installed or background processes running that has changed (apart from 3 other games I bought from Steam).

I have always used Task Manager and the 'details' tab to set AMS2.exe to high priority and also Steam launch options set to '-USEALLAVAILABLECORES' (not sure if that has ever helped/ hindered).

Have spoken to 3 other friends who I race with, two have Quest 2 and one has Quest 3, they have also noticed stuttering more often (I have asked them to report in forums).

It would be a shame for the number 1 VR race sim to start pushing updates that have an adverse effect on VR users.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Actually not clear if it's real or a bug.
    Track & Layout Used
    : Montreal in January
    Car Used: BMW GT4, Wet compound, default setup or as modified as described below.
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Storm, Track Wet, Important: Tracktemp: approx. 0deg.
    Report: Even with more than 1000 degrees front brake temperature (closed brake ducts) I can't get the fronts to more than 12, max 20° (with heavy lock up). It somehow seems that the brake temperatures do not influence the front tires. For comparison, the rears stay easily at 35-40°, though there is a bit of wheel spin. Additionally the car has a strong pendulum movement in 3rd or 4th gear on the straight; don't know if this is related or might be a hint. It's not that I don't believe the low temperature, it's the discrepancy between rears and fronts, even though only the front brakes are on purpose very hot.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the car on track and temperatures as mentioned above.
    Any comments appreciated, don't own race tires myself, maybe there is an explanation to this :). Bug reports feel always a bit negative to me, so:
    Congrats to the latest update! Really impressive!

11. BuzzFahra

BuzzFahra New Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: Fanatec CSL DD, CSL Elite McLaren GT3 V2 Wheel
    Report: If I enable Natural Friction in the Fanatec Driver Software, my Wheel starts moving left and right (shaking) after driving. Also in the game menu. When I quit the game (desktop) it keeps shaking. This behavior has definitely been happening since the last update. Disabling Natural Friction in the driver stops this shaking.
    Steps to reproduce: Enable some Natural Friction in the Fanatec Driver, Start a race, go back to the game menu.

12. Dhansi09

Dhansi09 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is no dirt layer on AI cars.
    Screenshot is from the finish after 1.5h race with 5x time scaling in Monza with LMDh, DPI and GT3.2

ss003232.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. SamSenna88

SamSenna88 New Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. HarleyDavidsonfx

15. HarleyDavidsonfx

See if Nvidia has updated the driver to allow Resizable BAR. If it is on turn it off and see what happens. Worth a shot. Only a minute to check.

16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Le Mans
    Car Used: BMW M Hybrid LMDh, multiclass race with LMDh, DPi, GTE, GT3 Gen2
    Applicable Settings: Weather - real weather, real date, 5x acceleration, 5hrs race
    Report: When ai is in the cockpit (driver swap done before) and you force them to pit, you can't delete the call.
    If you try it, the pit information window disappears but the ai will ignore that and go into the box.
    Steps to reproduce: manual forcing the ai to pit (over the ICM menu), then cancel it and check whether ai keeps out. Must be sure that you don't do that when the ai is in its regular pitting window and fuel is empty of course.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  17. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Le Mans, Bathurst, Nurburgring
    Car Used: BMW M4 GT3
    Report: Hi guys, I have been experiencing a problem with the ABS of the M4 GT3 on two circuits. In practice and qualifying sessions the ABS works fine, when the race starts the ABS disables, it is no longer displayed.

Attached Files:

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Known issue (can happen vehicle type independent), as a workaround to bring it back cycle through the "ingame driving aid button" for ABS fully (from low -> low) - So not the "vehicle onboard ABS" button, but the generic ABS assignment.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Le Mans
    Car Used: Corvette GTE
    Report: The Corvette's display flickers when on the track.

• Like Like x 1
  20. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

I haven't been following the forum much lately, but just to confirm: Is the glitch where the authentic assists don't work properly in between sessions also known? Basically the ABS and TC has been turning on for all cars if you are on authentic regardless of your current settings. The workaround is to go to Gameplay settings and turn it to off and back to authentic again, but i've confirmed with 5 other people that this seems to be happening almost in between every session in multiplayer (practice, quali, race). I'm imagining it has been reported elsewhere, but I just wanted to bring some light into it :)