AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Rygel_6

Rygel_6 Member AMS2 Club Member

No idea if this is normal, intended or just an oversight, but thought it worth pointing out.. There appears to be two entries in the vehicle class api for GT3 Gen 2 (I guessed the second one was the correct one as it had an extra digit!)
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. aussieinvader

aussieinvader Member AMS2 Club Member

What's the max cars per server allowed??
    Does AMS2 support driver swaps for Endurance racing?? 12 hour races / 24 hour races

It's great to release Lemans, Endurance pack etc but if game wont support Driver Swaps then it feels like a bit of a waste

3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maximum possible on a server is 32, however it also depends on how many gridslots a track has.
    The game itself currently also has a hard limit of 32, they tried increasing that, but no luck so far in doing that.

From my experience when you go above 26/28, you have a bigger risk of a lot of people to get disconnected when going from qually to race.

Human driver swaps aren't possible (maybe in the future, hasn't been confirmed), currently only swapping to AI driver is possible.

Ofcourse it's not a waste, as there are plenty of people that race offline only, i'm personally not one of them.

In 2024 we should be getting a more reliable multiplayer/dedicated server experience, we will need to wait to see what that means.

4. Wutzmann

Wutzmann New Member

In which line do you insert the code exactly?

5. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

They are in the init function in webtool.js. The lines should be highlighted in the link below to help you determine where they should go:

AMS2 Dedicated Server Hacks

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TimmBo

TimmBo New Member

Hello,
    is it possible to start a practice without a driver. So that time runs out and the P/Q/R schedule can be adhered to.

Timm

7. Roy Niessink

No, unfortunately not, hopefully this functionality will be added though, currently for our league races i make sure to jump on first at the stafting time

8. GeekyDeaks

As Roy said, this is not possible currently, but there are some workarounds. We usually create the event with a pretty long practice session (e.g. 300 minutes), then 'advance' the session to qualifying at the correct time.

You can advance using the old web UI of the dedicated server, but I added a few lines of javascript to ours to add the buttons to the new UI. You can see what it looks like here: AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

9. Roy Niessink

Yeah, that works, however that triggers a different bug, unless everyone is in the pitbox when you advance it, otherwise you will get invisible cars, basically a car that seems to float high in the sky like a balloon to someone else, however for the driver in the floating car everything seems normal, meaning they can hit someone else on track without getting affected by it, yet the car that gets hit will get affected.

10. GeekyDeaks

Yeah, we used to see that and try and get everyone in the pits before advancing, but the past few months we have had people not on discord and had to advance whilst they are still out but not encountered the bug. Does anyone know if was fixed at some point?

11. Roy Niessink

Not sure if it was fixed, but quick way to test is to go into monitor at the start of qually, and click each drivers name to see if they are floating.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wutzmann

Wutzmann New Member

Hi, is it possible to configure a multiclass race via the admin console of the DS under next session?

13. Svenny

Svenny New Member

If you can it would be here that you change it?
    nsession_mc.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wutzmann

Wutzmann New Member

I must be blind.

Thank you!

15. Rygel_6

Forgive me if this has been asked before.. I've combed through this thread to try and find some clues to no avail and the search function never really seems to work..

I've had an idea to set up a race for the club on a dedicated server featuring two classes.. One of which is to be available for club members and the other to be filled by AI..

So before I go and start tinkering with config files, I was wondering if anyone else has tried to do this before and were you successful? Any tips would be appreciated!

16. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

why don't you do it directly from the game on the DS?

17. Roy Niessink

Yeah, i think that would be the easiest way for sure.

-selectds is the startup parameter for that isn't it?

18. Rygel_6

I have used that system before and see it as a viable option.. But it is the solution that is most vulnerable to not getting some setting or other right.. As you have to check through EVERY setting when it's time to race (Fantastic when you realise you've set it to 45 laps rather than 45 minutes.. lol), rather than it being set up and tested beforehand.. So this is why I prefer to set it up via a config file on the DS.

19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

fully agree
    There should be a "save/load template" option.
    On both, locally from AMS2 and from the web GUI for the DS too.
    On the web GUI maybe an export option to server.cfg syntax

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Rygel_6

+1000 for that.. An 'In theory' simple solution for DS users.