Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. madchief

madchief Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Couple of patches ago (maybe only for the beta) the stamina attribute was noted as temporary disabled. Is that still the case or is it enabled again?

2. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

There needs to be a car power and ballast value assigned for each driver, akin to what Content Manager has for AC.
    It would help to make grids much more accurate in terms of overall relative performances.

3. LuxMundi

LuxMundi Member

Please update the list of tracks to include the le mans circuit.

4. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

done:

Le_Mans_24h
    Le_Mans_Circuit_Bugatti

and vehicle class names:

GT3_Gen2.xml
    LMDh.xml

• Like Like x 3
  5. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted. Issue resolved.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  6. ware

ware New Member

Can someone please look at this file and tell me why it wont work in the CustomAIDrivers folder?

Attached Files:

7. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 New Member

Hi,

I have asked in another thread, but I am curious if there is a way to add custom flags to both AI players and my own profile?

Unfortunately, I live in a country whose flag isn't displayed... and I get really annoyed and sad when I see my flag as blank among all the other driver's flags in the game.

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

For you as a player, you can only choose one of the countries that are provided within the game profile. Just click on your driver name (which you can change all the time) and pick one of the flags.

For AI, you can create your own custom file which must include the entry
    <country>XXX</country>.
    For USA, it would look like this:
    <country>USA</country>

You must use the ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 - code, the list you can find here:
    ISO 3166-1 - Wikipedia

I don't know if each and every country gets displayed with the correct flag, but I have not seen any problems yet.

9. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, the very last line should be "</custom_ai_drivers>", not "<custom_ai_drivers>".

10. jusk

Thanks for those, gian!

Could the OP also be updated to list which failure rate range the F-Hitechs are in please?

11. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 New Member

Thanks. Unfortunately, the country (Taiwan) is there, but the flag isn't. It is simply an ugly black box that says "TW". Kind of was just hopping the flag image files would be somewhere easily I could swap out.

12. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The final closing tag, <custom_ai_drivers> is missing the backslash, should be </custom_ai_drivers>

ETA: Thanks, Jusk. I must learn to read ahead!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  13. ware

ware New Member

Thanks Romeo

14. remi89

remi89 New Member

Hi !
    I'm beginning to learn AI in AMS2 and I admit to not having read the previous 57 pages of this post but the first one for sure.
    I'm a middle level driver that make small mistakes every 5 laps and big ones every 20 laps (estimation :) ).
    So, after finding a pace similar to mine, I would like to implement in the AI the same level of "error" as mine and that's my question: how should I process ?
    I thought to play with the parameters "Mistake avoidance" mainly and "Forced mistakes" in a minor level but is it the right process and do you have any idea of the base level I should start with to be near my goal ?
    I'll begin some tests by myself but your help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

15. Basil

Basil Member AMS2 Club Member

I would recommend to set the AI to your normal pace, not adjusting it to your mistakes. In that way you will learn quicker and not 'depending' on mistakes of AI. Try to drive slower untill you have figured out the track and then slowly go up in pace. I have played with the mistakes of AI but the mistakes are random, so you can't count on them (as in real life :) )

16. remi89

remi89 New Member

I understand your POV but if I put the AI at my pace and I lose 10 secondes for even only one mistake, I play the rest of the race alone 10 sec behind the AI cars, which is not really motivating to finish the race.

17. remi89

remi89 New Member

Perhaps another way to solve the problem could be to have some groups of AI cars with seconds of gap after some laps, instead of an homogeneous pack.
    Is it possible to achieve maybe with the constitency/stamina parameters ?
    Did anyone achieve this ?

18. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Does anyone know how to make a particular team’s cars a bit faster?
    I’m trying to make the 1990 F1 Ferraris to be at least fast as the Williams cars, with no joy thus far.
    Setting Prost & Mansell’s race and qualifying skill to 0.99 still leave them languishing around 8-10 on the grid.
    Setting it to over 1.00 made them slower too, for some reason - maybe it reverts back to default, if over 1.0.

It’s during moments like this, I wish we had a car’s ballast and output power values to edit as well, like in Content Manager for Assetto Corsa.

19. jusk

If they're already at 1.0 skill, all you can do (afaik) is make everyone else a bit slower. Would be great if we had more control over this.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, going over 1.0 will disable that parameter and go default, the best we can do is as jusk wrote, lower the skill of the other cars a bit. The issue with that is that then you have to manage the overall difficulty and if you are already competitive at 120%, you are screwed because lowering the fastest cars will reduce the overall difficulty.

I think I read Renato wrote they could do something to let the users have more control over the BOP, but can't recall what it was exactly, it was a while ago, lets just hope something does comes.

• Like Like x 1