Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

With VRC mods being updated, I took the opportunity to finally try some more mods - just Bannochbrae and a Ferrari F430 for now, but much fun :)

2. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

So you know how AMS 2 doesn't allow modded sounds - does this still apply to the content from PC2? Or do those get their own sounds because it's in the engine somewhere?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand. I use AMS CM to install the PC2 mods car, and yet no car sounds. Am I missing something obvious?

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Which cars?

5. VFX Pro

All of them. Ferrari, Group C, etc... I have 2 sounds cars since I manage 6 buttkickers. I don't AMS 2 is installed on D:, maybe that is the problem with having no car sounds?
    upload_2024-1-7_13-53-23.png

6. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

It depends who made the mods. The last big update broke the sounds and some modders have updated theirs, others haven´t yet. The ones in the list above are all working AFAIK although you have to download them all again but stuff like the 250 GTO isn´t.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. VFX Pro

I re-installed the car mods, and now I have sounds!! These are fantastic mods.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

I'm pretty sure I have a couple of mods from Thunderflash, the Toyota GT-One and the Ford GT GTLM but they were not listed on his updated page. I tried the Toyota and of course it doesn't have any sound. There is one big 1gb file listed on his page, could that be sort of a catch all that has all of his mods in it? Because it shows to be updated after this last Reiza update.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, try the AIO file. It contains all his updated Mods.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy New Member

@robillard3381 I would highly appreciate if you could update the 250 GTO and the Porsche 935 as well as I have the same problems with no engine sounds on these two mods. Thanks in advance for your effort

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I tried Willow Springs, and apart from being super bouncy (in a fun, Sebring way :p ), my laps were all getting invalidated when I crossed the line, for some reason. Test Drive on the main layout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

How do I go on about getting multiclass racing working with Thunderflash mods?

I can race same class with Thunderflash mods fine but not say Reiza group A and Thunderflash Group A together?

I only get my car from the Thunderflash mod and the rest is reiza cars.
    I tried using the multiclass option or manual grid but nothing works.

13. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And what does it say on the page from which you downloaded the track? There's a message with Attention in the header, and it's pretty important.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Okay, my bad for missing that. No need to be a **** bro :)

15. VFX Pro

Thanks for your great work @gvse ut is an amazing track. I don't recall it too that bumpy of a track while using in PC2. Make me wonder if the conversion process or something else would impact how drastically bumpy the track is. I'm bringing this up because i have a motion rig and it's the only track where I'm getting bounced around like in Dirt Rally. :)

Is there a way to smooth it out a little? Let me know if I can help, I have Blender and MAX.

16. gvse

Glad you found it.
    Let me quote you some stats:
    Willow Springs has 5500 downloads, 15 comments, half of which are genuine thanks and the other half requests for other tracks. I have to be a **** if I am to keep at it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. gvse

I don't know of a way. The tracks cannot be imported into MAX or Blender. Even if you could, the apps do not offer the option to export into mebs or any other format used by the game. It is what it is.

18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of, could you convert... no I'm kidding :p You're doing great work, keep it up at whatever pace is good for you.

Aside that, (and this may have been answered before, in which case I'm sorry that I haven't found it), do you know what causes the laps to be invalidated with active track limits in the converted tracks?

19. gvse

We really don't know. A different approach to track_cut file, AI, sth else? We do not know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Undestandable. Btw, I just want to tell you I admire your work and I thank you!

While Reiza apparently does not actively support track mods, it would be nice if some staff member accidentaly leaks some info to your email so your work can be of -even- better quality. I am sure you will be reserved :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1