Automobilista EA bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

My opinion: please do not eliminate this realistic feature. I have now experienced the "issue" that many are taking about and it is normal/realistic behaviour that you would have to use the clutch to shift down after spinning off a track, in gear, and having the wheels go backwards. The engine should stall as well!

It should either be a separate option or accompany the higher skill level setting, or whatever, but not eliminated because people don't understand how transmissions operate. And yes, this "penalty" of needing to use the clutch (or a mapped button for those who don't have a controller clutch) after doing something stupid should apply even when "auto clutch" aid is enabled. I have yet to find a situation where you couldn't get back to N or 1st gear. Lots of race cars with otherwise clutchless sequential transmissions also require the clutch to get into first gear...please simulate that too, where appropriate, for the higher skill levels.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr.T.

Mr.T. New Member

Track & Layout Used: Championship
    Car Used: Mini Challenge
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: Game chooses Curitiba instead of the track seen in the reiza04.srs file because some tracks have the old name. (brasilia2 instead of BrasiliaAlt etc.). I think it concerns some other .srs files too.
    Steps to reproduce:

3. Edilson Freshi

Edilson Freshi Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having same problem here..
    Running v0.8.6

4. Cristiano Bohessef

Cristiano Bohessef New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: I played Automobilista normally saturday, but after this last update, when I enter the game and click on something, it crashes. I had this problem in the first release of the game, and at that time, I used to wait for about 2 minutes with the game open on menu without clicking on anything, and then it would work with no problems. After the first update this problem disappeared. But now it is back, and even waiting on the menu is not working. The game will crash anytime I give one click anywhere.
    Steps to reproduce: I just start the game, and when I click on something, it crashes.

5. mmp

mmp New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any (tried a few, not all)

Car Used: any (tried a few, not all)

Applicable Settings: display settings: basic
    audio settings: low

Report:
    The problem started a day or two ago, the game was working very well before that. Hadn't played for a few days; an update to the game was applied through steam.

Automobilista starts up normally, and the UI works properly.
    In the pre-race screen (track not loaded yet) I can see the safety car rotating normally
    The track loading screen seems normal, load time normal as well.
    After that, the UI becomes very unresponsive, sometimes accepting clicks, more often not.
    The 'live' pitbox window shows one or two fps at most.
    The other settings screens are very slow as well
    If I can get through to the track, one or two fps at most, sound very choppy.

Steps to reproduce: start Automobilista, select series and track, start race/test day/time trial etc.

System:
    Core i7 6700K (overclock off), Asus Maximus VIII Ranger mobo, GTX 970 GPU, 8Gb RAM, Tm RS300 wheel
    Windows 10 Pro, but Automobilista config utility reports Windows 8 build 9200.
    DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

Steps to fix: (all unsuccessful)
    - installed latest graphics drivers
    - config utility: tried sweetfx on/off, vsync on/off, widescreen ui on/off, AA none, monitor settings default
    1920 x 1200, 59Hz (native to monitor)
    - in-game settings: video and audio normally quite high, tried display:basic and audio:low
    - checked file integrity in steam properties
    - uninstall local files through steam, re-install
    - searched internet for fixes...

Other games, including Project Cars and Assetto Corsa all work fine.

6. AZRCD

AZRCD New Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used:Super V8
    Applicable Settings: Manual clutch with no shifting or clutch assists.
    Report: When standing still in 1st gear with the clutch depressed, engine will not rev. similar to how it functions with the pit limiter on (however, this is with the pit limiter off.) It will rev in neutral, but not in 1st making standing starts with this car impossible (AI all drive away from you, as your car bogs and creeps forward.) Once moving, everything works as intended. You can hold RPM in neutral and "dump" it into 1st to get going.
    Steps to reproduce: Any session anywhere, be it in the pits or on the grid for a start.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i think downshift protection in f v12 is wrong, need to be adjusted

• Like Like x 2
  8. beorn2

beorn2 Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this problem. I turned on 'auto clutch' and then it worked fine. Plus you can still use the clutch as normal.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SirVanhan

SirVanhan New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg
    Car Used: Formula Vee
    Applicable Settings: AI from 100% to 120%
    Report: From 100% to 115% sometimes the AI can't make turn 1 properly, spinning at the exit. At 120% I noticed that only at the start of the race. And the start is a mess. Every single time. You start the race, make turn 1, and you have perpetual chaos with cars everywhere. You have 3 choices there:
    1) go to the outside and receive a stop&go
    2) try the inside, but you'll get clipped eventually
    3) run into the crash with invulnerability or damage at 50% or low to escape the big one with no damage
    Steps to reproduce: just start a race against the AI

Notes: the AI is quite slow at this track, maybe because it makes many mistakes. So to have a challenge, I have to race at AI value of 120%. Yes even like it they can't make turn 1. Other than that, at 120% the AI drives like you're not there. They just bump into you or push you into the grass.

10. k_badam

k_badam New Member

Car Used: Formula Extreme, Formula Reiza, Formula V10 and Peugeot/Chevvy Stock Cars
    Applicable Settings: Player Detail: Full
    Report: Every time I enter an online lobby with the mentioned cars I get very low resolution wheels and tyres and in some cases even the Livery of my own vehicle.
    Steps to reproduce: Join a random online lobby and select any of the mentioned cars and then look at the cockpit, wheels and livery.

11. AZRCD

AZRCD New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, not a bad work around, but it shouldn't have this problem, I've not noticed it with other cars, says the Stock V8's or the Mini's. I've not tried every single type of car out though, I have a preference for the Super V8's at the moment.

12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I found this bug a real pain, add Marcas and Metalmoro to the list...

13. Grazilian

Grazilian New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Goiania
    Car Used: Super V8, Stock V8, etc.
    Applicable Settings: AI 110%
    Report: At last turn onto start/finish straight most AI cars go wide and then cut inside, running right into you while you are overtaking on the inside...
    Steps to reproduce:

14. Guilherme Borghezani

i have fps drop with metalmoro and super truck (still testing other cars)

15. Guilherme Borghezani

16. Guilherme Borghezani

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Historic Stock car 1980
    Car Used: Opalas
    Applicable Settings:
    Report:i see some triangles on screen, i think is graphical bug, visible
    Steps to reproduce:
    ps: superkart have some fps drops too hehe

17. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any + spinner
    Car Used: SuperV8
    Applicable Settings:
    Report:the tyres are cycling through their 3x DDS textures repeatedly both on the spinner and on track parked
    Steps to reproduce: load some tyres with a label on them, or if you have a keen eye you can see it even on the plain tyres

18. ion

ion New Member

1. Formula extreme shows a mismatch when trying to join a multiplayer server.
    2. When joining a V10 multiplayer server, Traction control is not working properly (tried from low - high), while testing single player works fine.
    3. 125cc shifter karts: During race engine blows up "randomly", well there was no indication atleast for me.

19. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Velopark 2012
    Car Used: Dallara F301
    Applicable Settings: Fuel Normal
    Report: Fuel assumption, at least for this car and this track are wrong. The fuel tank is limited to 40 liters (what is right), but the car will never made a full 30 min + 1 lap race, like in real F3. I managed to do 30 laps with the car, when the race should be around 35/37 laps.
    Steps to reproduce: Just take the car, full the tank and drive

• Like Like x 3
  20. Denis

Denis New Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Display flickering with MultiMonitor configuration in FullScreen mode
    Steps to reproduce:
    Extend windows desktop to second monitor in windows control panel.
    Run Automobilista in full screen mode end set max resolution for main monitor (2560x1440 in my case). You must see Automobilista launched on your main display and desktop on the second.
    Main display is flickering both in UI and the game. Running in windowed mode (in this case fps dropped from more 380 to near 200 fps for me) solved problem, also if you switch off second/third displays in windows control panel (single display mode) everything is ok. I have 2 graphics card AMD R9 200 series and test it with different graphic settings in the game and in the Radeon control panel (include official recommended settings in this forum).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.