can someone try the Group Cs in the rain?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JavierZumaeta, Jan 10, 2024.

1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

A while ago, before Reiza's latest incredible updates when the Hi-Techs came out, I made a thread wondering what was up with some of the tires in some classes in the rain. Was it the player's tires, the AI? the GT1s tires and the Group Cs were very, very, very difficult to drive in the rain - honestly kind of impossible.

Since then, both classes are dramatically different in the rain, both soft compounds and wet compounds on a wet, damp, or drying track. It's incredible. Racing against the AI in the GT1 class is sublime. Honestly, try it! The Group Cs though, the tires seem good, I think. But the AI enjoys somewhat of an advantage I feel. But it could also be my lack of talent, or a need to dramatically turn down the boost and open up the differential. The AI also experiences much less tire wear, seemingly.

But that's been my experience, could someone try the GroupCs in the rain? Are you able to keep up just fine?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vogelaufmzaun

Vogelaufmzaun New Member

I've done 80 minutes at Daytona Road Course recently with LMDh, and the AI ran me into the ground when it started getting slippery halfway through. From me being maybe half a second up in the dry to them being 4-5 seconds faster per lap in damp and wet conditions, no matter the tire.

Glad to hear it's not the case with every class.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

You know, this might be the case where skill level might come into play, as is the point I'm trying to make in this post. I've seen several videos now using the LMDh in the rain and the AI and the tires seem to work just fine.
    for instance.

In my case, I'm wondering if its my lack of skill, or an actual issue with the Group Cs. With the Formula cars, in my experience most of them are actually working as intended. The only one that I've noticed could be a problem similar to Group C is Formula Retro G1. But the rest of them are lovely, actually. As are the GT1s, as I mentioned earlier. Not the tires - those are all great, I feel. I mean the AI balancing. Maybe. Or maybe it's, again, lack of skill.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Florian Langner

Florian Langner New Member

I have the same problem.I race against the AI 110-115 and have exciting races.
    But somehow I don't enjoy it in the rain. I would love to drive in the rain, just because of the atmosphere.
    But for me the brutal vehicles like Group C or GT1 are simply undriveable. Okay Group C, the Sauber C9 is an absolute monster :) so much torque without TC and ABS.
    It's difficult to keep the monster on a dry track when the turbo kicks in.

I control the Sauber C9 very well on dry roads.

I think even GT3 is difficult. In light rain with slicks it's just as difficult as with rain tires. But in GT3 vehicles you can set the TC and ABS to max in the rain and then it works.

I don't know if it's that realistic but it's somehow not fun when the AI leaves you standing in the rain ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024