Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. nabelo

nabelo New Member

Hi..May i ask you where i can get this file:

ffb: Manolo & Stakanov 05 ATMOS - MOD V1.4 FIX.

2. nabelo

nabelo New Member

Id like to test this file also (im using the same wheel base). Where can i get it? Do you mind sharing your file?

3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

4. BulaBoy

BulaBoy New Member

Hi all. Reaching out to any Thrustmaster TX users. With AMS2 1.5 is there a good baseline or start that I should dial TM Control Panel and in-game my settings into? I’ve tried looking through the forums but tbh it’s so overwhelming! There’s so much history and of course opinions. I do see mentions of other Thrustmaster bases which makes it more confusing. Any pointers or guidance from TX users who are loving AMS2 with their dialed-in settings would be thoroughly appreciated!

5. nabelo

nabelo New Member

Hello Mr Manolo ;)
    May i ask you where i can find the FFB File in your signature?

"FILE Custom: rFuktor 5.0.1.4 "ATMOS MOD v.1.5.4.7" by Stakanov based on rFuktor 5.0.1.3/4 + Reiza Immersive"

6. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

Your Custom FFB File Collection

7. nabelo

nabelo New Member

Hi..Which of those files it the right one. I cannot find ths one "FILE Custom: rFuktor 5.0.1.4 "ATMOS MOD v.1.5.4.7" by Stakanov based on rFuktor 5.0.1.3/4 + Reiza Immersive"

8. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Opinions vary largely in every little aspect regarding FFB, here is mine:
    The very first thing to do is apply Quasi Default config at TM Control Panel (see fig). And assure your wheel is correctly calibrated in game. Those are fundamental.
    Then you can test Default and Default+, they are really good, but if you want even more details, run a Custom. There are many I like, including the more recent versions of (in alphabetical order) Allegunner68, Danielkart, Joaquim Pereira and Kuku. And no, you don't need any specific Custom TM-TX file. Very important to note that each Custom adopt specific ingame settings at FFB config, wich are present in the file header.

Attached Files:

9. Dud

Dud New Member

Thought I would share my modified file I use with my T300. It is based on rFuktor 5.0.1.4 by Karsten with Shadak & Panos.
    Tried to make it give me as much information as possible with my low end wheel.
    When using the brakes you will feel the car want to pull straight ahead, the harder you brake or the higher you set brake pressure will increase the effect.
    Tyre scrub increase as you turn harder, the wheel will get gradually lighter as the grip decreases when cornering.
    Good feeling of the rear losing grip.
    Open the file in notepad to see the settings I use, and created the file using.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

It doesn't look like @Manolo has posted in the forums in 2024; I can't say with certainty what his most current, personalized and optimized tune might be ... that being said, there are numerous excellent files out there.

BTW, I updated The Collection to include Brock Harvey's various T300 tunes, update @Dud's file, and confirm @TomP's G29 file was identical to what was already included.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I don't know what that means in Fanatec terminology, can't help much :(.

12. Joaquim Pereira

You have several stages where you can change "gain" settings, you want none of them to produce clipping. Your wheel base should then use that value (with a max of 100%) and output it with the max strength you want - I have my wheelbase set at 75% max torque, so it will produce that amount WHEN the input is 100%. If the game sends 75%, them the real output of my wheelbase will be 75%*75% = 56% (about half it's max torque).

In game you have vehicle-specific gain (can differ from car to car) and the 'normal' gain setting (valid for all cars).
    Those two cannot produce clipping (output >100%, the red bar in histogram). If that happens, you wheelbase will produce your max desirable torque (you said 6-7Nm) for that amount of time. It's not bad if it lasts a few ms (breif moment in time) and that is a road/kerb/car/wall impact. It should not happen to a point you start to feel your wheel is producing a constant torque throughout that high speed turn (the wheel no longer showing you track/kerb details).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Linear makes peaks and dips smaller whilst peak lets certain effects be huge

14. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore New Member

I have a Moza R5 and went with 85%. Works great! Have you shared your Moza pit house settings? Thanks for all your work on the FFB. It changes the game.

15. Caddoshack

Caddoshack New Member

Interested in what FFB settings most Fanatec CSL DD 8NM users are using in AMS2.
    Love driving GT1, M1 Procar & Porsche Cup cars in AMS2.
    Am only new to sim racing, but so far found Default+ with 70 Gain, all other settings 0, most likeable. Have tried a custom file from this forum, but didn't find it better.
    Was mainly trying to improve the Formula vehicle handling in AMS2, they seem less realistic compared to AC. AMS2 Formula cars front wheels seem to hover over the road, not quite connected like in AC.

16. Joaquim Pereira

I also found this explanation here (user: NerdBergRing :cool:).
    So let it be peek if one wants max wheelbase power, for me it would be LINEAR with torque control :).

Everything default/linear/100% or whatever is the base line ;).
    Other games (without FFB control) may/can benefit from several sliders arrangements, in AMS2 I'll always do that in the custom file (much more control).

17. Manolo

Manolo Member

"ATMOS v.1.5.5.x" Mod by Stakanov it's an experimental version of the file, a mix/hybrid between the latest rfuktor files from karsten (in version 4 wheel ATMOS from stakanov) and the alleged reiza "immersive" file (wip) leaked in the past on the net...the file is at a good point and can already be used without problems but I don't think it will be published here by Stakanov unless the definitive profile is defined by reiza first (it seems like the minimum in terms of respect) ... we'll see, perhaps in the future version of the game 1.6.x reiza will do ... ;)
    I apologize if I don't go into more detail, I prefer not to interact here and I've never been the author ... Stakanov's timing and energy are very limited and discontinuous, I hope the best for him and I take this opportunity to say goodbye ... to all, take any version of the Karsten or Nuscorpi files in this forum and use or customize them to your liking ... I wish everyone victorious races and as always thank you Reiza!!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. EcoBrum

EcoBrum Member

Manolo, there are only about ten of us who have this file and I share Stakanov's respect for Reiza's work and so it will be... but what do you think if we cleaned up the ATMOS 1.5.5.x file (eliminating from it all the new Reiza code that has been implemented) and we recalibrated the remaining file with only the rFuktor code but leaving the changes introduced compared to the last version 1.4 or 1.3.3???
    It wouldn't be easy to make it coherent but it could be an idea, and maybe in a week or two you could reach an ATMOS 1.5 version without Reiza code....:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Member AMS2 Club Member

I am testing your latest custom file (9). I'm using a moza r12 base. Could you put your current configuration in the pit house? Thanks for the contribution to the community

20. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

If necessary we will do everything we can, here we are both available to test and carry out tests... ;)