Multiplayer Logs & Reports Thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This thread is dedicated to reports of issues / bugs encountered during a Multiplayer session as we push to collect more data on persisting issues that remain to be addressed.

Logs of Multiplayer sessions are written to Documents\Automobilista 2\log ; they are overwritten with each launch of the game so it´s important to back up the one you had trouble in before starting the game again if you mean to report it.

Included in this log is a subset of our online support dev logging including steam auth, lobby browser update info, in-session ping/timesync/join-leave info etc The vast majority of this info will not be directly useful to users but may aid us piercing together the events that lead to a reported issue and to spot common patterns.

The most value we could get would be in collecting unified reports made from league runners / event organizers for showtopping issues in sessions with highly populated servers. Submitting a report including logs of the host and as many clients as possible (both those with issues and without), of the dedicated server output (if available) and as detailed a description as possible including accounts from users would provide a very thorough picture for us to try zero down on the source.

Although showtopping reliability issues are the focus of the thread, users may also use it to post videos illustrating sessions with severe netcode issues, along with the relevant info and log of the session.

Please avoid discussions of the issues that are not strictly pertinent to expanding or detailing a report, as well as any kind of feature request, complaint or general musing about Multiplayer in AMS2 - those can still take place in release threads or others where the topic is pertinent - this thread is strictly for reports and logs on technical issues. the more data and info rich we can keep it the more useful it will be for us in addressing those issues.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I already send a pm with 10 logs to @Dave Stephenson, if it helps i can dig up the server log as well, as its a justrace server, just let me know.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

That´s who the logs are going to primarily so if you´ve already forwarded it to him there´s no need to repost here. Thank you for the input tho much appreciated :)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Roy Niessink

Yeah, anything to help out, but my logs didn't include the log from the dedi server himself, only the ingame logs, i will send him the server log as well, as that might give more insight as well

• Like Like x 3
  5. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato, good afternoon. You can rely on Falcon League for the log shipment. I've also sent the test logs to Dave, but we will conduct more tests with additional pilots. In Brazil, you can count on Falcon League.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably already reported many times, but, P2P, many AI have their front wheels at an angle when going in a straight line. Makes them swerve L and R in a straight line.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. David Castiñeiras

David Castiñeiras New Member

Good evening, for a few days the game has been jerky in several multiplayer rooms that I have competed in, and it is not a problem with my team because it was at 115/120 fps at that time, it is not a problem with my network either.

On the other hand, it has been a long time since the traffic light has not turned green at the same time for all the online players on the grid in standing starts, some start with a lot of difference from others and it is chaos...

The online mode is a bit abandoned in this game and it is a shame for those of us who are in the rooms every day...

We also continue with the usual problem, when the host leaves the room it remains bugged

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  8. daemorth

daemorth New Member

Nordschleife 24h combined, multiplayer lobby. There was an initial long practice session, can't remember duration but at least 1h. There was a 3 weather-slot qually. Can only remember that the final slot of the qually was a wet weather slot. The first slot of the race session was a non wet slot.
    It was a multiclass race with DPI, LMDh, GT3-Gen1 & Gen2, P1 Gen2.

I joined the practice session briefly with LMDh Porsche. Left and reconnected with LMDh Cadillac and drove for about 3 minutes. I believe I got a host-migration error and was sent back to the main menu. I reconnected and sat in lobby until qually started. It was a 22 minute qually. I connected with LMDh Cadillac. Timer ran out while I was on track. Shortly after the timer ran out I stopped the car and returned to pit. There was a driver remaining on track, we urged him to return to pit so we could get the race going. He didn't respond so we vote-kicked him, with success. The lobby then initiated the transition-phase into the race. At the very end of the transition-phase I got an instant crash of the game and sent me back to desktop.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roy Niessink

Yesterday we ran a league race, with 11 people in total, no disconnection issues this time, however there was a weird lag/netcode incident between Wez1980 and Tonedeath, Tonedeath was being lapped by Wez, Wez never felt a touch and also didn't get any damage, Tonedeath got spun around, after which he seemed to hit an invisible barrier which brought his car to a sudden stop., this happened right before parabolica on 1991 Monza historic.

Wez and Tonedeath are both located in the UK, i'm located in the Netherlands.

Attached is a zipfile with the log from Tonedeath, my log as I was the host and didn't experience any issues, and the server log.

Here is a short clip of the replay with what happened:
    https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx2bS17Q8pwpBTIJ5JGY8xvhYymeOOxgux?si=reKhaeu8104ATS7c

Attached Files:

10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lobby failed to progress to race from quali, imola public lobby

Attached Files:

11. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I got the TC bug in this online race where when the race started TC was off and using my increase TC mapping nothing happened.
    However after pitting I found out by pressing "K" on my keyboard which is for TC assist then I managed to set TC to high and my TC increase & decreased started working again.

Attached Files:

12. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

During this online session in quali I noticed the other human player (forget his name) had damage on his car even though he had escaped to pits to fix it. (I asked him to confirm this)

Also watching his car via TV cam during qual his wheel inputs were inverted. So for example when going round a left hand corner his wheels were pointing right. And no he wasn't drifting ;)

Attached Files:

13. Aeomer

Aeomer Member AMS2 Club Member

Latest log. No issues.

Attached Files:

14. Aeomer

Aeomer Member AMS2 Club Member

I already posted this on Discord. It was suggested I add it here, too.

I have noticed a number of race servers are started with Task Scheduler. That means they are started with low CPU priority and Low I/O priority by default. That is the purpose of Task Scheduler, to perform low priority tasks in the background. I think in the Windows 95 days it was the same priority as everything else, but since WindowsNT the Task Scheduler defaults to low-priority by design.
    On a bare-metal server this will have the effect of degrading network performance depending on the total network usage and degrading cpu response somewhat depending on if there are free cores or not.
    On a virtual-server it has the effect of having masses of dropped UDP packets. Virtual servers will take the low I/O setting for apps started from Task Scheduler very seriously. It does not mean low I/O only on the virt, the hypervisor will drop it below any other virtual servers in the same virtual cluster. If testing is performed on bare-metal with only one instance and plenty of cores, it would be very hard to see or repeat these kind of problems for debugging. If using Task Scheduler to start, the task needs the priority level changing from '7' to '5' or '4' (5 = normal, 4 = a bit more normal - don't blame me, see the documentation!) There is no GUI interface to change the priority, even on Windows server. You need to export an existing task, change the priority value in the exported XML file, delete the original task (because the imported task has the same name, so the old one needs to go), and import the updated version. Alternatively, you can use the Task Scheduler API and write a few lines of code to change the priority of a target task. Oh, and don't forget to restart.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Holzmann

Holzmann New Member

this is Automobilista2 related

Hello,
    this is the server log from a bug race which is caused by Reiza datas:
    storage.googleapis.com/ams2-session-logs/race-19067-result.json

Tihs is the page by RCO with the race results:
    racecraft.online - Sim Racing Ranked Matchmaking System for Automobilista 2

problem was that only 2 laps were logged in race results that caused heavy issues in the RCO race/driver Statistik.

Could you please check this so that the error does not occur again in the future, thank you very much.

Holzmann

16. Eamonn Tully

Eamonn Tully New Member

Hi, this is a from a recent race in RCO where I was disconnected, but only after all other cars disappeared, then reappeared flying around the track. One other car showed as disconnected before I did! Hope it helps

Attached Files:

17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Issue: AI rolling start pileup and penalties. Could potentially be partially human error, but half of the field suddenly stopped before the line, causing all sorts of confusion. The penalty system struggles with determining an illegal overtake vs. the car in front crashing or stopping to retire. Running rolling starts online is risky given how often this happens, even without human error.

Issue #2: There's been a weird sudden 'soft crash' to either the lobby menu or main menu. Sometimes this results in stats from the race being lost, but since I had time to save the replay it counted the stats this time.

Attached Files:

18. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Version 1.5.5.4.2158

Issue: Crossed the line in P2 with another driver closely behind in P3, the game ignored me and gave P2 to the car behind. Not the first time this has happened, but first time I managed to report it.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. MCor57

MCor57 Active Member

V1.5.5.5
    Just now I encountered this error. Car invisible while running.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024